Thanks to " Video Game Deals" on facebook

says up to 40 percent off, however some stuff is 50 percent off

https://www.amazon.ca/deal/b1e0528b?sho ... qbZrJ3XwFU

SURVIVE THE GULAG.
89 replies
Aug 31, 2020
24 posts
44 upvotes
Anyone had issues with the Viper wireless? I've read so many great reviews about this mouse but I've had so many Razer mice with the double clicking issue in the past that I have trouble trusting them.

The last Razer mouse I bought was probably 10 years ago though so idk if they've improved with this one or not.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1368 posts
284 upvotes
Richmond Hill
BankerCat wrote: Anyone had issues with the Viper wireless? I've read so many great reviews about this mouse but I've had so many Razer mice with the double clicking issue in the past that I have trouble trusting them.

The last Razer mouse I bought was probably 10 years ago though so idk if they've improved with this one or not.
My work have use many Razor mouse, don't expect Razor last as long as Logi/MS mouse.
Aug 17, 2012
449 posts
322 upvotes
COQUITLAM
BankerCat wrote: Anyone had issues with the Viper wireless? I've read so many great reviews about this mouse but I've had so many Razer mice with the double clicking issue in the past that I have trouble trusting them.

It cannot double click because the Viper Ultimate and newer Razer mice uses optical switches.

It will last longer than any current Logitech mice.

The issue with the Viper Ultimate though is that back in August 2020 the mice received an updated version that improves the switches. Previously the switches have a very mushy/non-tactile feel and suffered with the left/right buttons grinding against each other. The new version fixed this.

You may or may not be getting the update version or just old stock.
Last edited by VillageIdiot on Mar 8th, 2021 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 8, 2019
62 posts
335 upvotes

The new Razer mice, including viper, have optically actuated switches, instead of mechanical. in theory this should eliminate the double click issue, as that was due to mechanical malfunction. I've had mine for a few months now with zero issues. I like it way better than all the Logitech mice I've tried.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1235 posts
527 upvotes
Ottawa
I was looking at the Kaira pros, might give it a go at this price plus Amazons return policy
Dec 20, 2019
432 posts
1412 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
I'm pretty wary about Razer's products, particularly the mices; it seems like there are a lot of reported issues, even amongst Redflag members. +1 for effort still.
Aug 17, 2012
449 posts
322 upvotes
COQUITLAM
Patrickpete wrote: I'm pretty wary about Razer's products, particularly the mices; it seems like there are a lot of reported issues, even amongst Redflag members. +1 for effort still.
These uses optical switches so it won't double click.
Aug 31, 2020
24 posts
44 upvotes
VillageIdiot wrote: The issue with the Viper Ultimate though is that back in August 2020 the mice received an updated version that improves the switches. Previously the switches have a very mushy/non-tactile feel and suffered with the left/right buttons grinding against each other. The new version fixed this.

You may or may not be getting the update version or just old stock.
Thanks for the info. Do you know if there is a way to tell from the box? Best Buy has these on sale as well so I could take a look in-store.
Aug 27, 2006
762 posts
325 upvotes
Delta

I've had the original Mamba, Deathadder, and Deathadder v2. All worked great for me. I only upgraded each due to technology improvements, driver compatibility.
:twisted: In order to save money, you must spend money. :twisted:
Apr 10, 2018
6 posts
16 upvotes
Be wary of Razer indeed. Razer blade owner here. Laptop died after 1 year, and their support was unwilling to help me out. I chose to go the route of fixing the laptop myself (simple SSD failure), rather than go the credit card warranty route, because it was at the beginning of covid and no "official supported" shops were open to repair. Shortly after, the HDD failed. Recently my microphone died. All within 2 years of purchase. It's a rapidly decaying product with minimal support.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2003
2405 posts
358 upvotes
North York
Focus wrote: My work have use many Razor mouse, don't expect Razor last as long as Logi/MS mouse.
Haven't had much long term luck here with logitech either - have a couple of dead ones that I need to toss.
Aug 17, 2012
449 posts
322 upvotes
COQUITLAM
BankerCat wrote: Thanks for the info. Do you know if there is a way to tell from the box? Best Buy has these on sale as well so I could take a look in-store.
There's supposed to be a new serial number, but I have the white mercury model, not the black one.
Aug 31, 2020
24 posts
44 upvotes
VillageIdiot wrote: There's supposed to be a new serial number, but I have the white mercury model, not the black one.
Ok, I'll do some looking around on that. Thanks a lot!
Dec 24, 2017
953 posts
934 upvotes
London
I have the now discontinued v2 7.1 or something, which i like, but after over 2 years its having some issues. I know friends who didnt like the regular krakens as much so im nervous about buying a new one... anyone have thoughts ?
Mar 3, 2020
106 posts
93 upvotes
I just had bought a Viper Ultimate (kinda wish I wated a bit longer and saved 50 bucks lol); keep in mind that the driver software and management suite might still run into issues.

I've repaired/reinstalled Synapse a few times and used Driver fusion to delete old mouse drivers and I still run into issues where I lose the mouse for a few seconds and then it comes back when my other mice haven't had any issue.
Nov 29, 2010
300 posts
36 upvotes
Mississauga
I have a Razer Basilisk V2 (optical switches) and its one of the best mice I've owned. (I've used Logi G903, Logi G502, Logi MX Master 2s)

I've had it for 6 months now with no issues and it seems like it will last a long time.

Razer Synapse (the software) deserves to burn in hell though.
I don't understand why I need the software to remap buttons and why those cannot be stored on the mouse it self.