May 11, 2020
7 posts
91 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Razer BlackWidow Elite Mechanical Keyboard $129.99

Hi guys,

First time posting.

For someone looking for a good gaming keyboard, its time :D

It is lowest price according to CCC
Last edited by Mars2012 on Nov 8th, 2020 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link/nonRFD affiliate tag removed
75 replies
Aug 27, 2012
230 posts
143 upvotes
Victoria
I bought one a couple hours before you posted, but I’ll give you a thumbs up anyways. Seems like a good deal!
Dec 10, 2017
53 posts
95 upvotes
Originally bough the green switches, but low key regretting it. Thankfully Amazon has a great return policy so I ordered the Orange keys instead.

Highly recommend getting the orange switches if:
1. You're not used to the clicky noise
2. You're planning on using it in the office (don't be that guy with the loud ass keyboard)
3. You're not used to pushing harder on the keyboard keys. I was definitely more used to brown keys and I find myself having a finger exercise every time I type on the green switches.

Orange keys are quieter and requires less force to type while retaining that satisfaction of that typing feeling. Also, just saying, on Prime day, Orange Keys sold out first, then yellow, then green.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
928 upvotes
NOYB
Very beautiful keyboard. :)

I am always confused by the way Razer names their switches.

Anyway, upvoted
*Zoomer + VoIP.ms user*

Dogshit protects dogshit.

Dogshit defends dogshit.

No Mr Nice for dogshit
Jan 29, 2015
95 posts
46 upvotes
Markham, ON
I already own two beautiful mechanical keyboards (love collecting them), but this is tempting. I feel like the MSRP is too high. Been watching the Quartz edition, please go on sale.
Oct 19, 2019
450 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto Night Sky
If Razer removes the ugly ass symbol at the bottom of the keyboard then I will definitely consider buying this (I don't use the wrist rest at all..)
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4843 posts
2607 upvotes
No hate, but anyone in the market for mechanical and isn't overly particular, I've found the Redragon's on Amazon to be great bang for your buck, no tax either.

I grabbed the Redragon K582 SURARA RGB Gaming Keyboard, Quiet Red Switches and I think it's great. Think I paid $65 pre-covid, $75 right now, but warehouse is $56. - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07KCRTN9Q
Always good to buy from Amazon just because of easy and hassle-free returns. I think it's extended returns too because of the Holidays, something like January. Not sure on Best Buy or alike, but also works in your favor in case of Black Friday deals.
Dec 20, 2019
445 posts
1465 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
RiCHC3 wrote: No hate, but anyone in the market for mechanical and isn't overly particular, I've found the Redragon's on Amazon to be great bang for your buck, no tax either.

I grabbed the Redragon K582 SURARA RGB Gaming Keyboard, Quiet Red Switches and I think it's great. Think I paid $65 pre-covid, $75 right now, but warehouse is $56. - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07KCRTN9Q
Always good to buy from Amazon just because of easy and hassle-free returns. I think it's extended returns too because of the Holidays, something like January. Not sure on Best Buy or alike, but also works in your favor in case of Black Friday deals.
No offense, but they are totally different classes of keyboards; it's like telling someone to buy a honda when they are searching for a bmwSlightly Smiling Face

Great deal btw.
Last edited by Patrickpete on Nov 8th, 2020 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 6, 2020
39 posts
157 upvotes
Just found this one is on sale 43% Off. Please delete if shared before
Images
  • upload.jpg
Feb 4, 2019
442 posts
692 upvotes

A good video comparing the switches. I'm partial to the yellows from this video, but they only have those on Warehouse deals. May have to go orange, hmm...
Apr 10, 2015
150 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Patrickpete wrote: No offense, but they are a totally different class of keyboards; it's like telling someone to buy a honda when they are searching for a bmwSlightly Smiling Face

Great deal btw.
Not really. Switches wise, it is same quality or lower, but Razor does have a much fancier exterior. If you are searching for a BMW, should be looking at brands like Filco, Leopold, or Varmillo.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2004
7481 posts
349 upvotes
BC
FrostyDay wrote: Not really. Switches wise, it is same quality or lower, but Razor does have a much fancier exterior. If you are searching for a BMW, should be looking at brands like Filco, Leopold, or Varmillo.
To be fair, those brands are more comparable to Ferrari, Lamborghini.
insert witty comment
Apr 10, 2015
150 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto, ON
manixc wrote: To be fair, those brands are more comparable to Ferrari, Lamborghini.
Except this Razer keyboard's regular price is in the price range with these brands.
Aug 13, 2013
51 posts
55 upvotes
Montr
Hi!

I’m on the fence for this, Thx OP!

I have been gaming and typing a lot in my macbook pro (2020 without butterfly tech) and was wondering which of yellow or orange would give me the closest experience of typing. In fact I love typing on it by hate gaming because of the low travelling.

What would you recommend?

Thx!
Sep 4, 2005
256 posts
169 upvotes
I have this keyboard with yellow switches, and it's the best I've ever used.

The switch design is what sold me. The post is surrounded by extra material that supports the key cap.

The WASD keys kept breaking on my Logitech G710+. The Razer keys feel much more sturdy.

Last edited by hammy on Nov 8th, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 9, 2014
144 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hammy wrote: I have this keyboard with yellow switches, and it's the best I've ever used.

The switch design is what sold me. The post is surrounded by extra material that supports the key cap.

The WASD keys kept breaking on my Logitech G915. The Razer keys feel much more sturdy.

I've actually tried the Blackwidow Elite and didn't like the loud noise it made (orange switches) and how far I needed to press it (coming from a laptop user). I was planning on buying the G915 instead for this same reason. How do you find the G915 compared to the elite overall?