Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Razer Deathadder Elite Gaming Mouse 39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2019 10:09 am
25 replies
Jul 4, 2017
242 posts
442 upvotes
It was on sale for slightly more last week and I picked one up. Looks like it's a hit or miss with these... Some say it's excellent and has a long life, some say it broke quickly. My old RAZR mouse lasted over 2 years, was a no brainer to get another one for 40ish dollars.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2018
1615 posts
4380 upvotes
i'll paste my comment from the previous thread
almasyseifer wrote: The only thing this mouse has going for it is that it's good for large hands palm grippers and that's pretty much it. The fact that the OP moved from Logitech to razer and thinks he upgraded is absolutely astounding to me!

Anyways, there's absolutely nothing elite about this or any other razer mouses. Cheap, frail internals/constructions) that will break the moment you open them. shit drivers, high rate failures ranging from cable failures, to annoying double/triple clicks, to middle mouse buttons partial failures or complete failures.

If these were a one time/product thing, I wouldn't be as critical and as adamant about warning people but these issues have clearly never been addressed at any point having appeared in multiple different product year after year, iteration after iteration letting people believe they reworked their approach but no. The fact that every single product and all of their iterations without exception going for over a decade now have consistently shown the exact same issues is so troubling to me that I have to wonder how has that company not gone under. It's not like they're headsets are any better and they're keyboards although not horrible, minus shitty practices like non standard rows, they are nothing to brag about next to the multitude of good mechs choice we have now.

Don't get me wrong, I don't recommend a single headset or keyboard from logitech either for the same reasons as razer but goddamn have they got their mouses stuff on point. Best sensor on the market, good solid internals, great costumer support, innovative designs.
I have spoken
Mar 28, 2019
38 posts
36 upvotes
IsraSoldier wrote: It was on sale for slightly more last week and I picked one up. Looks like it's a hit or miss with these... Some say it's excellent and has a long life, some say it broke quickly. My old RAZR mouse lasted over 2 years, was a no brainer to get another one for 40ish dollars.
I think it was also an historically low last week when it was on sale at 43,29. Really good mouse for larger hands. I have not tried a ton but this is the best fit and feel i've found for my hand
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5071 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Thanks OP. Absolutely love this mouse. Don’t care if i have to re buy it every 3 years it’s the most comfortable mouse I’ve ever used. I’ve tried a lot.

Great price too.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1296 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
Loved this mouse. Probably the most comfortable mouse for me as i have larger hand. Unfortunately, after a few years, had the notorious double click or click doesnt register issues for me . Used it for a few years so i got my moneys worth out of it. Still recommend it at this price.

Also, why does it need a aaa battery in the technical details ? lol.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5069 posts
3306 upvotes
Personally, I'd never spend more than $39 on a mouse as I figure they all crap out anyways around the 1-2 year marker (double click or scroll wheel issues). It almost seems like it's by design and probably the case with Razer devices which are notorious for double clicking. In any case, typically Logitech is the go-to for mice just because of their amazing warranty which is more often than not to just send you a new mouse without you having to send an old one in and have an awkward wait. I did a Razer RMA warranty for a mouse that had issues 6 months after I bought it (actually the Deathadder Elite) and they wanted nothing short of DNA evidence before they approved my claim, not to mention I had to send it in.

I know someone is going to chime in about some old mouse lasting them 4 or 5 years, I've had that too with an old old Deathadder, but ever since then my mileage has been poor no matter on the manufacturer so I just focus on the most generous or hassle-free warranty + price.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2684 posts
3199 upvotes
Josecc wrote: Loved this mouse. Probably the most comfortable mouse for me as i have larger hand. Unfortunately, after a few years, had the notorious double click or click doesnt register issues for me . Used it for a few years so i got my moneys worth out of it. Still recommend it at this price.

Also, why does it need a aaa battery in the technical details ? lol.
i went through 2 of these in. a year. yep the middle button died. pos. never again.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1296 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
karnige wrote: i went through 2 of these in. a year. yep the middle button died. pos. never again.
Didnt claim the 2 year warranty? I'd be pretty PO'd too if it died multiple times within a year and if they didnt rectify it by sending a new one, id probably be done with them as well. That said, i liked this mouse but ive since moved on to logitech for better value and probably reliability.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2684 posts
3199 upvotes
Josecc wrote: Didnt claim the 2 year warranty? I'd be pretty PO'd too if it died multiple times within a year and if they didnt rectify it by sending a new one, id probably be done with them as well. That said, i liked this mouse but ive since moved on to logitech for better value and probably reliability.
no they wanted me to send it back at my cost. wasn’t worth it at all imo. i’ve moved on also to CM xornet mouse. damn reliable.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2014
2960 posts
632 upvotes
almasyseifer wrote: i'll paste my comment from the previous thread
Do Mouse man ,,, are you saying the g502s for 49.99 are better than buying one of these mice?
Mar 7, 2011
997 posts
1013 upvotes
Have this mouse, love it. Alas, it is not wireless so I use my MX Master primarily
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1296 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
karnige wrote: no they wanted me to send it back at my cost. wasn’t worth it at all imo. i’ve moved on also to CM xornet mouse. damn reliable.
Ouch, good to know these situations so that others may decide for themselves if their willing to put up with this sort of stuff if there is ever a need for warranty claims.
Aug 6, 2019
172 posts
150 upvotes
Ontario
Yup. I bought this when it went on sale at the Microsoft store for the same price a few weeks ago.

Honestly, so comfortable and the buttons feel nice. I love razer mice but the double click issue did come up after 7 or so years on my old one.

I bought a Logitech and it honestly it's so small it feels like I'm clawing a baby potato. Not very comfortable.

Happy I bought this mouse although my girlfriend doesn't get spending $45 on a computer mouse.. as long as she doesn't ask about my GPU..

bigtintin wrote: Lowest i've seen ever
Sep 1, 2018
278 posts
290 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, for $40 it's a GO! Yes i had one before and double-click issues happened after 2 years, but it was indeed one of my favorite mice because it was so precise and light.
13700KF | Noctua NH-D14 | Aorus Master Z690 | 32GB DDR5 @5600mhz | RTX 3080 10GB | AW3423DWF | 4TB Samsung 980 Pro & 2TB WD SN850X | Bequiet! DarkPower13 850w Titanium | Bequiet! SB802 | Win 11
Sep 1, 2018
278 posts
290 upvotes
Toronto
MrFinancial wrote: Yup. I bought this when it went on sale at the Microsoft store for the same price a few weeks ago.

Honestly, so comfortable and the buttons feel nice. I love razer mice but the double click issue did come up after 7 or so years on my old one.

I bought a Logitech and it honestly it's so small it feels like I'm clawing a baby potato. Not very comfortable.

Happy I bought this mouse although my girlfriend doesn't get spending $45 on a computer mouse.. as long as she doesn't ask about my GPU..
A mouse lasting for 7 years is phenomenal value! you certainly got your money's worth!
13700KF | Noctua NH-D14 | Aorus Master Z690 | 32GB DDR5 @5600mhz | RTX 3080 10GB | AW3423DWF | 4TB Samsung 980 Pro & 2TB WD SN850X | Bequiet! DarkPower13 850w Titanium | Bequiet! SB802 | Win 11
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5071 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
RiCHC3 wrote: Personally, I'd never spend more than $39 on a mouse as I figure they all crap out anyways around the 1-2 year marker (double click or scroll wheel issues). It almost seems like it's by design and probably the case with Razer devices which are notorious for double clicking. In any case, typically Logitech is the go-to for mice just because of their amazing warranty which is more often than not to just send you a new mouse without you having to send an old one in and have an awkward wait. I did a Razer RMA warranty for a mouse that had issues 6 months after I bought it (actually the Deathadder Elite) and they wanted nothing short of DNA evidence before they approved my claim, not to mention I had to send it in.

I know someone is going to chime in about some old mouse lasting them 4 or 5 years, I've had that too with an old old Deathadder, but ever since then my mileage has been poor no matter on the manufacturer so I just focus on the most generous or hassle-free warranty + price.
I tried to switch to Logitech and others too but just couldn't find one that was comfortable.

My first razer one actually lasted the longest but the middle/scroll wheel click died (rest of it worked perfectly) so i just use it when i'm setting up new PC's or someone asks to borrow one lol. I've never had one die in the first year or two, but i dont abuse them (i've seen gamers slam their mice really hard when they lose).

Also converted two other people in my office to buy them haha. We're designers and developers, not exactly gamers anymore.
Banned
Oct 27, 2019
67 posts
12 upvotes
I've been using this mouse for about a month now.
May 3, 2007
563 posts
850 upvotes
地球
I wouldn't buy it even at $20. The materials are very cheap and broke down after a couple months of usage.
My wallet can only handle so much, must stop looking
Jul 9, 2017
181 posts
123 upvotes
Regular price is $60, not $95. Still a decent deal if you want a cheap corded mouse.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)