Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Razer DeathAdder Elite Gaming Mouse - $43.29 (Lowest ever)

[OP]
Jul 4, 2017
126 posts
222 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Razer DeathAdder Elite Gaming Mouse - $43.29 (Lowest ever)

Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 4th, 2019 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
12 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1126 posts
92 upvotes
Razer products don't last very long, they tend to break quick
Banned
Oct 27, 2019
67 posts
12 upvotes
I had been looking for a gaming mouse with a sleek, clean design without so many buttons, this is by far the best one.
Banned
Oct 27, 2019
67 posts
12 upvotes
First off, I have an excellent wifi signal which is Rings go-to source for all of the problems we have experienced with the camera/microphone/speaker.
Dec 14, 2017
29 posts
29 upvotes
Psycho77 wrote: Razer products don't last very long, they tend to break quick
Not sure if anything's changed in recent years (in terms of mice, I know KBs were not the longest lasting) but my Deathadder 3.5G from 2012 is still working great.
Aug 31, 2014
529 posts
876 upvotes
ontario
namsrv wrote: First off, I have an excellent wifi signal which is Rings go-to source for all of the problems we have experienced with the camera/microphone/speaker.
/r/LostRFDers
Sep 26, 2018
998 posts
2352 upvotes
i'll paste my comment from the previous thread
almasyseifer wrote: The only thing this mouse has going for it is that it's good for large hands palm grippers and that's pretty much it. The fact that the OP moved from Logitech to razer and thinks he upgraded is absolutely astounding to me!

Anyways, there's absolutely nothing elite about this or any other razer mouses. Cheap, frail internals/constructions) that will break the moment you open them. shit drivers, high rate failures ranging from cable failures, to annoying double/triple clicks, to middle mouse buttons partial failures or complete failures.

If these were a one time/product thing, I wouldn't be as critical and as adamant about warning people but these issues have clearly never been addressed at any point having appeared in multiple different product year after year, iteration after iteration letting people believe they reworked their approach but no. The fact that every single product and all of their iterations without exception going for over a decade now have consistently shown the exact same issues is so troubling to me that I have to wonder how has that company not gone under. It's not like they're headsets are any better and they're keyboards although not horrible, minus shitty practices like non standard rows, they are nothing to brag about next to the multitude of good mechs choice we have now.

Don't get me wrong, I don't recommend a single headset or keyboard from logitech either for the same reasons as razer but goddamn have they got their mouses stuff on point. Best sensor on the market, good solid internals, great costumer support, innovative designs.
I have spoken
Dec 28, 2006
976 posts
331 upvotes
Death adder is the most comfortable mouse I've used or tried.

Since 2008 I've owned two and they both lasted ~6 years each of being tossed around in a backpack and heavy gaming use before they started developing the dreaded double-click of death.

YMMV but it's the best value mouse on the market for my use, I'll happily pay $45 to replace it every 6 years.
Dec 3, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
Would not recommend this mouse, I feel there are much better options out there. I got double clicking issue after one year of use and couldn't fix it.
Aug 30, 2009
185 posts
37 upvotes
Markham
Psycho77 wrote: Razer products don't last very long, they tend to break quick
No, not really - maybe their cheaper variations. I've had my Razer Mamba since 2009, and the right click just gave out this past week - and it only is not functional for gaming purposes where you need to rapidly/precisely click many times. I can still use it for regular functions without issue. Ordered another one without hesitation.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2743 posts
5441 upvotes
Similar price at Staples and you can use the $25 off $100 coupon if you have other things you want
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
3229 posts
1179 upvotes
Vancouver
Ordered it during black friday but returned it.
Build quality was good and i liked the minimalist style but it was too big for my hands.
Feels like the thing is designed for L or XL hands. Ended up going with a cheaper logitech cause it just fit better.