Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Razer DeathAdder Essenial Gaming Mouse - 6400 DPI Optical Sensor - $24.99 (38% OFF)

[OP]
Banned
Aug 19, 2021
37 posts
184 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Razer DeathAdder Essenial Gaming Mouse - 6400 DPI Optical Sensor - $24.99 (38% OFF)

Good price,
Another color name: Mercury White is also $24.99 (50%off),

It's a reliable gaming mouse,

It's a bit on the large side.
Thread Summary
Not the specs you're looking for? RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best gaming mice!
27 replies
Jan 22, 2017
82 posts
134 upvotes
Some other Razer mice and accessories are also on sale.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5317 posts
4018 upvotes
it is same shape, but uses lower end switches (non-optical), and the tracking sensor is worse (not that it matters unless you're an elite gamer). It's the lower-end switches that would worry me, since the version 1 of the deathadder had a tendency to double-click.
Aug 29, 2021
4 posts
My old deathadder broke after six months of use. Not sure how reliable these things are now a days though.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5317 posts
4018 upvotes
when you say it broke, what broke exactly? The buttons are doubleclicking? That flaw has been around for many years. They havent fixed and decided to put out version 2 and gradually fade out version 1 inventory. Anyone who RMA V1 gets V2. But those who fall outside the warranty period got suckered.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5317 posts
4018 upvotes
only works if the attacker is physically accessing your computer.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1707 posts
1066 upvotes
amoosavi86 wrote: Some other Razer mice and accessories are also on sale.
yeah, the kishi is back on sale(amazon and bestbuy)
I bought it a couple weeks ago and i'm pretty "eh...." satisfied with it. It works, and feels better than the gamesir garbage i had before(G4s) but its not as solid at clamping the top of the phone as i had hoped. Bit too much waggle. For $80 after taxes though, good enough.
Jul 11, 2015
333 posts
150 upvotes
Victoria, BC
damn dude, sick deal. i got one from 2012 and its still killing it good. i had to open it up one time to clean under the clicker,and there was hair collected on the scroller inside, but other than that its an insanely amazing mouse and after the clean it still works perfectly. I highly recommend it. i love the feel of mine, and its so light too.

kinda tempted to buy this deal just to give the mouse as a gift to someone. :P
~You're the average of the five people, you most associate with.~
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44476 posts
7720 upvotes
fudge_u wrote: Just an FYI, Razer devices have a security vulnerability and the issue hasn't been addressed yet.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/s ... n-a-mouse/
No damage done to the user who is using this which is us, as others have said. The worst that could happen is that you plug this into a pc and that pc is exposed already.

Or you have malicious actors walking around with the mouse and such.

Any how, there’s no severe harm as it’s not done remotely.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1792 posts
1159 upvotes
For $30 I'll grab one to keep on the shelf. My kids kill gaming mice often enough that I'll need it sooner or later.
Jun 16, 2020
58 posts
150 upvotes
Don't know if Razer had improved their software but I bought a deathadder two years ago and the software ran literally 7 processes in the background. Normally would have just uninstalled it but you had to have it running for custom settings. Not a big deal if you don't care about tweaking the settings but I ended up returning it for a Logitech.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2712 posts
2620 upvotes
fudge_u wrote: Just an FYI, Razer devices have a security vulnerability and the issue hasn't been addressed yet.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/s ... n-a-mouse/
Looks like you just read the title of the article and not the article itself.

Someone needs to plug it into your computer so no risk buying a Razer mouse yourself. Your risk is other people buying it and using it on you.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
13457 posts
13221 upvotes
Oil Country
slimysnot wrote: Looks like you just read the title of the article and not the article itself.

Someone needs to plug it into your computer so no risk buying a Razer mouse yourself. Your risk is other people buying it and using it on you.
Actually I did read the article... don't be a dick. Definitely an issue if you use Razer devices in a managed desktop environment.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5317 posts
4018 upvotes
are you saying you would buy or use a razer gaming mice in a corporate environment? Sure for computer retailers or gaming companies i guess.
Jun 29, 2019
69 posts
135 upvotes
evilYoda wrote: are you saying you would buy or use a razer gaming mice in a corporate environment? Sure for computer retailers or gaming companies i guess.
I would. Ahem. But that's just me because it's very comfortable and smooth.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
13457 posts
13221 upvotes
Oil Country
evilYoda wrote: are you saying you would buy or use a razer gaming mice in a corporate environment? Sure for computer retailers or gaming companies i guess.
A lot of organizations don't have controls in place to regulate peripherals their staff bring to the office. I use my own keyboard (HyperX Alloy FPS Pro Tenkeyless) and mouse (Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic) with my computer at work, since I don't like the stuff they supply us with. They monitor if people try to install their own printer or a network device, but mice, keyboard, and a lot of other USB devices aren't monitored. I also work for a government organization. My buddy works at a university and it's the same thing there too, just far worse.