63 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] Razer DeathAdder V2 - 69.98

18 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4657 posts
2011 upvotes
Probably worth waiting for Black Friday at this rate, usually some great deals on gaming mice.
V1 (I guess?) was $30 on Amazon Prime Day, grabbed a white model.

Always curious if they'll ever fix the almost guaranteed double clicking issue with new iterations. From my understanding, warranty is becoming more of a hassle with both Razer and even the once well regarded Logitech, sometimes even requiring video proof.
⬇⬇⬇ FOR SALE: ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
[OP]
Jul 24, 2006
175 posts
63 upvotes
Montreal
They have fixed the clicking issue and with Black Friday in less than a month away, just order a second one and send Back your first one within the month...
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
2093 posts
472 upvotes
Kelowna
RiCHC3 wrote: Probably worth waiting for Black Friday at this rate, usually some great deals on gaming mice.
V1 (I guess?) was $30 on Amazon Prime Day, grabbed a white model.

Always curious if they'll ever fix the almost guaranteed double clicking issue with new iterations. From my understanding, warranty is becoming more of a hassle with both Razer and even the once well regarded Logitech, sometimes even requiring video proof.
I followed a video online to self fix the clicking issue in the switches. made that fix 5 years ago to my DeathAdder 3.5G, and it's still going strong, double-click free
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
2524 posts
2402 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Just wanna say screw you Razer for discontinuing macOS support for my favourite mouse.. I owned 3 of them and gave them away.

Logitech at least stores the mouse settings in the mouse itself so I can set it up on my Windows PC and then use it fine in my Mac if I have trouble with the settings, but oh no Razer has to be dicks about it and force you to run their useless app.

Anyhow rant over (ps I paid ~$35 for mine I dont think $70 is hot).
Dec 25, 2013
201 posts
115 upvotes
as someone who used top end gaming mice since 2004 I realized in 2015 after my 3rd deathadder broke a 22dollar mouse from amazon performs just as well and havnt broken after 5 years. the whole gaming gear industry is just a scam for naive ppl like me who thought brand+price=quality. more and more people are realizing this hence big brands are giving big discounts very often.

wasted hundreds on shitty quality Premium brands (Steelseries being the worst Logitech the most durable)
Nov 20, 2014
136 posts
35 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I've been lucky I guess. Took my G500s approx 3 years to die, then they sent me a G502 as a replacement, which has been working great for 4+ years now.
Dec 25, 2013
201 posts
115 upvotes
SizableSac wrote: I've been lucky I guess. Took my G500s approx 3 years to die, then they sent me a G502 as a replacement, which has been working great for 4+ years now.
logitech is the best brand name for their devices and service. After having 2 deathadders die on me in 4 years (im very gentle with it i just clicked alot was semi pro gamer then) decided to try steelseries flagship mice sensei for 99.99, broke after 20days and I contacted rma department and they responded with return instructions and shipping is 45 dollars. I was pretty surprised because you'd except when you buy their top end product and it breaks after just 20 days you would atleast offer them free shipping. Went back and got another deathadder after.

btw all gaming keyboards from big companies are trash compare to Topre TYPEHEAVEN. It cost 200+tax but one of the best purchase I've made. The topre switches keypress feels better than mechanical, make less noise and are indestructible. Anyone whos tried it bought it pretty much, I tried my friends and bought one off ncix the next day. 14 years survived my friend spilling coke/orange juice even half a bottle of 99% isopropypl his cat knocked over awhile we were assembling his new desktop. gotta hand it to the japanese. only downside its sold out
most of the time but the more expensive realforce are more readily available
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4657 posts
2011 upvotes
ranawayz wrote: as someone who used top end gaming mice since 2004 I realized in 2015 after my 3rd deathadder broke a 22dollar mouse from amazon performs just as well and havnt broken after 5 years. the whole gaming gear industry is just a scam for naive ppl like me who thought brand+price=quality. more and more people are realizing this hence big brands are giving big discounts very often.

wasted hundreds on shitty quality Premium brands (Steelseries being the worst Logitech the most durable)
I have similar feelings regarding mice (and electric toothbrushes) and nowadays I assume they'll last about 2 years before double click or scroll wheel issues, so I do the price divided by 2 to figure out how much it costs me to own it a year. I swear these things are designed to break right after the 2 year warranty for the average user, but of course computer enthusiasts or gamers tend to break em sooner. I personally won't spend more than $40 on a gaming mouse or by my math $20 a year.

Sadly, I haven't found a good cheapie mouse that has the right form factor for me so I'm still on Logitech/Razer when they go on sale in the $30 range.
⬇⬇⬇ FOR SALE: ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1458 posts
424 upvotes
I've been lucky. Purchase a logitech g15 v1 keyboard over 10 years ago still going strong. A factory refurb from factory direct also !

Purchased a logitech g5 v2 mouse and that eventually had double clicking issues . It was generously replaced by logitech with a g502.
I've been using a g700s many years no problem.
Bought a g903 during clearance at staples.

Wanted to try other brand but logitech been so reliable to me
Jul 3, 2020
91 posts
128 upvotes
If you're looking for any semblance of decent support, don't just walk but run away from Razer.

Without a doubt the worst company I've ever dealt with in terms of post-purchase support.
Jun 22, 2017
8 posts
14 upvotes
Sinyk wrote: I followed a video online to self fix the clicking issue in the switches. made that fix 5 years ago to my DeathAdder 3.5G, and it's still going strong, double-click free
Mind linking me to that video? This piece of S mouse keeps double clicking, I hate it.
Dec 25, 2013
201 posts
115 upvotes
RiCHC3 wrote: I have similar feelings regarding mice (and electric toothbrushes) and nowadays I assume they'll last about 2 years before double click or scroll wheel issues, so I do the price divided by 2 to figure out how much it costs me to own it a year. I swear these things are designed to break right after the 2 year warranty for the average user, but of course computer enthusiasts or gamers tend to break em sooner. I personally won't spend more than $40 on a gaming mouse or by my math $20 a year.

Sadly, I haven't found a good cheapie mouse that has the right form factor for me so I'm still on Logitech/Razer when they go on sale in the $30 range.
my friend has a 20dollar reddragon mouse since 2014. Ive been using hiraliy f300 since 2017 there so many choices i got this one cuz its similar shape to deathadder better specs/rgb and only 25dollars.
https://www.amazon.ca/HIRALIY-Programma ... 306&sr=8-3

toothbrush though ive been using philip flexcare since 2004. I like the gum massage setting. their brushhead replacements are expensive, the cheaper genetic ones look the same but are not as soft and found them uncomfortable.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
2093 posts
472 upvotes
Kelowna
Saitamere wrote: Mind linking me to that video? This piece of S mouse keeps double clicking, I hate it.
I think this was the video:

just make sure you watch it first and don't just follow along. the guy does something that you can avoid if you go careful. Basically you separate the switch, clean the contacts, reassemble it. Around 5:55, he talks about being careful as something can pop out and it's hard to put back in. When I did this fix, it popped out and it was a pain to reassemble, but the mouse still works.