• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2021 11:21 am
[OP]
Mar 1, 2005
963 posts
113 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon.ca] Razer DeathAdder V2 Gaming Mouse - $42

Hello. I was notified that this item just dropped in price on Amazon. It seems to be a ATL. I think it's a pretty good price. I own this mouse and I like it.

Enjoy guys.
Thread Summary
Upgrading your setup? RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best gaming mice!
27 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
3612 posts
2550 upvotes
eon90210 wrote: Hello. I was notified that this item just dropped in price on Amazon. It seems to be a ATL. I think it's a pretty good price. I own this mouse and I like it.

Enjoy guys.
lowest price i;'ve seen
[OP]
Mar 1, 2005
963 posts
113 upvotes
Vancouver
Poutinesauce wrote: I don't like this mouse, it's just so bulbous in the hand, it's supposed to be comfortable but it's actually uncomfortable.

The Basilisk mice from Razer are much better for comfort, save for the mouse wheel which is too high.
As for comfort, it's possible to try it out at Bestbuy. They may have one on display, at least the Marine Dr. location in Vancouver does. Not sure about other locations. You can also price match at BB with Amazon.ca if you decide to buy it.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12161 posts
2238 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Poutinesauce wrote: I don't like this mouse, it's just so bulbous in the hand, it's supposed to be comfortable but it's actually uncomfortable.

The Basilisk mice from Razer are much better for comfort, save for the mouse wheel which is too high.
I agree. It's not as comfortable as some people make it out to be despite having the reputation of a very ergonomic mouse.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
3612 posts
2550 upvotes
u need large hands for this mouse or it will be uncomfortable.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2631 posts
1806 upvotes
Montreal
It depends on your hand shape I guess. For me this is me most confortable mouse in the world.
Mar 29, 2011
116 posts
101 upvotes
near you
I'm getting a second mouse for my work computer. I'll add myself to the "this mouse feels really comfortable in my hand" category. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
3703 posts
2616 upvotes
EDMONTON
Cool. Not a gamer, but going to give this a try for CAD related work

EDIT: only thing im concerned about is their sketchy ass Razer Synapse software
teksavvy sucks
Jun 3, 2004
923 posts
860 upvotes

Very true - I've tried both. Basilisk is MUCH better in hand (not to mention it has more buttons, adjustable scroll wheel and better cord) but nothing comes close to the G9x IMHO...
Nov 23, 2018
65 posts
31 upvotes
Hmmm, was thinking of ordering this but seeing the posts above indicating that the Basilisk is more comfortable to use, I'll stick with that. Still a good deal, though.
Aug 8, 2015
70 posts
92 upvotes
I CAD for 8 hours a day with this mouse, it's by far the most comfortable mouse I've used
Penalty Box
Aug 29, 2012
8172 posts
7205 upvotes
taeyang987 wrote: Would the Logitech G502 SE Hero be better? or the Logitech G305 Lightspeed?

https://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-910-0057 ... atf_m&th=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B086PD ... w_unk&th=1
I find the G502 more comfortable than the Deathadder yes. That shape really is the ideal ergonomic form perfected.

I must say that I prefer the G502 to the Basilisk (Razer's clone of the G502) as well, although the Basilisk is lighter, because the mouse wheel is not as high on the G502. Although Logitech mice are notorious for their double clicking issues.

I don't know if Razer fixed this with the Basilisk V3. I look at this link and it seems the mouse wheel is at a greater downward angle than the V2. If they really did fix it, I would definitely get the Basilisk V3.

https://www.rtings.com/mouse/tools/comp ... shold=0.10
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
3612 posts
2550 upvotes
rtings now reviews mouse? They going to review vibrators next?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7683 posts
969 upvotes
Waterloo
I’m so used to playing with a controller with games but was curious in playing keyboard and mouse. Is it hard to adapt to something new? Currently playing the new battlefield 2042 and downloaded the free cod warfare
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
4780 posts
3281 upvotes
Vancouver
sassysue wrote: I’m so used to playing with a controller with games but was curious in playing keyboard and mouse. Is it hard to adapt to something new? Currently playing the new battlefield 2042 and downloaded the free cod warfare
FPS are easier to play with mouse and keyboard after getting used to it. As far as how long it takes, that varies.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2631 posts
1806 upvotes
Montreal
You don't need to install the software if you only want to use the mouse as a ... mouse lol
The software is only for the RGB lights and assign buttons.
Oct 14, 2015
134 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Dang, missed the price. Now it's back to $67.13.

IMO, most comfortable mouse I've tried. I completely palm the mouse and because of the size and shape of the DeathAdder I can do that without my finger's dragging on the mousepad. Started with the first gen 1800 dpi, replaced with the 3.5G sensor model, and now I'm using the 2013 model (damn this mouse is old). For reference, I generally wear medium size gloves.