Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Razer Gaming Keyboard $59.99 (Membrane)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2021 8:58 pm
[OP]
Jan 9, 2007
332 posts
237 upvotes
Fredericton

[Amazon.ca] Razer Gaming Keyboard $59.99 (Membrane)

'Budget' RGB gaming keyboard(s) on sale at Amazon this week. Folks have pointed out they are membrane, not mechanical keys.

Couple of different versions available (original is five bucks cheaper if you can do without media keys). According to 3C, this equals the lowest historical price.

Pretty well rated.

Don't forget to use Rakuten for 1%.
Last edited by Serlin on Mar 9th, 2021 8:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Thread Summary
To check out more options, take a look at RFD Reviews' list of the best gaming keyboards!
19 replies
Oct 8, 2005
788 posts
50 upvotes
Can't ever go back to membrane after using mechanical keyboards... and this one isn't that cheap either.
Would pick the Aukey above over this.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1610 posts
916 upvotes
Langley
Gee wrote: For that price, I think you are better off with the Aukey

54.99$, after a 10$ coupon

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07XGK1JHF
This is for blue switches, would you not want to go red? Or is hearing your typing throughout the house cool these days? :P
Apr 7, 2011
796 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto
jbone14 wrote: This is for blue switches, would you not want to go red? Or is hearing your typing throughout the house cool these days? :P
Apparently gamers want to have the super loud clicky mechanical keyboards these days. I remember when I was young and we went from the clicky mechanical keyboards to a membrane one and it was amazing. "Silence is golden." But as with history, history always repeats itself and having the tactile clicky keyboards is all the rage with gamers these days.

If a membrane keyboard works for you, go with what works.
Jul 13, 2019
7 posts
16 upvotes
Ontario
You're allowed to use membrane keyboards if you like them, that being said if you do get one of these I advise the Chroma V2, more features and a newer product
Sep 24, 2012
85 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
I have the Cynosa v2. I bought it on black friday for the same price. It's a fine budget membrane keyboard with pretty lights. The spacebar is unfortuantely loose and noisy though. Otherwise, quiet and soft. I can't stand mechanical keys and can't understand why the world has gone mad for them.

Here's a rtings review of the Cynosa v2, if you want a third party review: https://www.rtings.com/keyboard/reviews/razer/cynosa-v2

Also, the Razer software is trash as to be expected. And unfortunately, the last build of OpenRGB that I tried doesn't support it yet.
Aug 17, 2012
449 posts
322 upvotes
COQUITLAM
InvaIid wrote: A keyboard with so few keys render using a computer useless. Just go with a tablet while you're there lol.
The keys are all there, just under layers.
Jun 15, 2018
29 posts
29 upvotes
InvaIid wrote: A keyboard with so few keys render using a computer useless. Just go with a tablet while you're there lol.
lmao yes without the numpad i can no longer use my computer
Feb 23, 2021
146 posts
412 upvotes
lasalle
:facepalm: WILL GIVE IT A TRY WHEN THE PRICE DROPS TO $40
Aug 23, 2019
217 posts
185 upvotes
Why do people hate Membrane that much?
I have Razer Ornata and I am ok with it. It's just a keyboard in the end.
At work I am using a Aukey with blue switches and I am also okay with it. It is louder but that's all.
They both have a nice click so it works for me.
Aug 7, 2017
54 posts
208 upvotes
UnderKitten wrote: Why do people hate Membrane that much?
I have Razer Ornata and I am ok with it. It's just a keyboard in the end.
At work I am using a Aukey with blue switches and I am also okay with it. It is louder but that's all.
They both have a nice click so it works for me.
The main reason people dislike it is that it has a mushy feel. This makes sense because by design on a membrane keyboard when you fully depress the key, you are squishing a rubber membrane down against a solid surface, so it feels mushy.

But for performance typers and gamers, there is a main benefit: the keyboard feels much more responsive and accurate because the electrical signal that sends the letter to the computer is sent mid-stroke, unlike membrane keyboard which only sends it out when you hit the bottom. Especially with membrane keyboard that has long travel, this makes membrane keyboard feel slow and inaccurate in comparison.

TL;DR: $30 walmart kitchen knife vs $700 chef knife. One will work for a lot of people and the other one is something that a cook in the kitchen can't live without.

Except in this case, both knifes cost the same
Jan 22, 2014
172 posts
124 upvotes
Guelph
Razer Ornata user here. OP's find seems to be a good deal though. This keyboard is comfortable to type.

I dont game
[OP]
Jan 9, 2007
332 posts
237 upvotes
Fredericton
Edited post to indicate 'membrane' keyboard.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)