Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Razer Kiyo Pro 1080p/60fps webcam ATL $99.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2022 8:21 am
Aug 2, 2018
72 posts
62 upvotes
ScatterStash wrote: Got the last one. Thanks.
They must've restocked because I just ordered it from warehouse and it says there are still 2 left.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16285 posts
4093 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
BigSJW wrote: Awesome. I've been waiting for a bit to upgrade from my C920 that I got years ago.

Could this be a price error? It's quite a drastic drop. They're not matching anyone as far as I can tell.
From reviews, the 920 is pretty similar in PQ to this one..

None of these are yet providing the 'portrait' level selfies coming out of our phones..
Feb 23, 2019
253 posts
384 upvotes
Toronto
weedb0y wrote: From reviews, the 920 is pretty similar in PQ to this one..

None of these are yet providing the 'portrait' level selfies coming out of our phones..
The original 920 from 2012. This has a lot better light balance and 1080 30fps to 1080 60fps.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16285 posts
4093 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
BigSJW wrote: The original 920 from 2012. This has a lot better light balance and 1080 30fps to 1080 60fps.
Other than streaming, for day to day WFH, every video conferencing platform streams at 720p 30fps, and optimizes the video through the platform. (Teams, Zoom, Google Meet etc.). Even cheap chinese copies work fine. (Specially if you have a ring light or so).

However, if someone doesnt have a webcam, and is looking for a new one, definitely go for it, but from experience, the upgrade from C920S wasn't worth it for me.
Feb 23, 2019
253 posts
384 upvotes
Toronto
weedb0y wrote: Other than streaming, for day to day WFH, every video conferencing platform streams at 720p 30fps, and optimizes the video through the platform. (Teams, Zoom, Google Meet etc.). Even cheap chinese copies work fine. (Specially if you have a ring light or so).

However, if someone doesnt have a webcam, and is looking for a new one, definitely go for it, but from experience, the upgrade from C920S wasn't worth it for me.
I agree, these aren't geared towards calls. I was strictly talking from a streaming point of view. Should've established that from the beginning.
Apr 1, 2003
332 posts
100 upvotes
Victoria
I was pretty much about to pull the trigger on this directly from Razer at $129 - which seemed like a great deal. Razer even has a $15 promo code when you register, but you have to spend $130.

I couldn't find a $1 filler (heck, I only needed a 1 cent filler), otherwise I would have bought it already.

Last night I was about to just do it, but did one last check on pcpartpicker. Found it on Amazon for $99 and quickly bought it. Only $20 more than the C920S that I will be returning.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1715 posts
767 upvotes
So, I ordered this from Amazon Warehouse Deals and I am sending it back. When it works, it works great. However, I've had intermittent success using it with both a Windows PC and an M1 MacBook Air. It seems like the unit is picky about the connection cable. The included USB-C to USB-A cable gives best results, but when I use another C-to-C cable, on both machines, the results get worse. I tried different brands of C-to-C cables with the same results. Back to the included cable, works OK. Strange.

Symptoms: system messages about USB video devices not starting properly, apps like Zoom give errors about not being able to access the camera. I had to rejoin a Zoom meeting because the camera stopped working partway through. Green bands at top/bottom of video, flickering, etc.

When it worked, the picture was better than my MacBook Air and way better than my Lenovo laptop built in camera.

Anyway then I went to check the firmware and when I connect the camera the firmware updater tool reports that it is version 1.00 and says "call support". Google search says that people are being told that the camera firmware is too old to update and Razer considers this a defect. Sounds like they'll exchange it for you, but I decided that I'd rather not deal with the hassle.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)