• Jul 22nd, 2020 2:03 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15003 posts
11527 upvotes
Think of the Childre…

[Amazon.ca] Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse: 16,000 DPI Optical Sensor $99.99

Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse: 16,000 DPI Optical Sensor - Chroma RGB Lighting - 7 Programmable Buttons - Mechanical Switches - Up to 50 Hr Battery Life - Gears of War 5 Edition
Brand: Razer
4.5 out of 5 stars 1,722 ratings
List Price CDN$ 179.99
Deal Price: CDN$ 99.99 & FREE Shipping. Details
You Save: CDN$ 80.00 (44%)

Other places selling $169 (Microsoft Store)
Last edited by Cheapo-Findo on Jul 22nd, 2020 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
32 replies
Jan 1, 2019
115 posts
335 upvotes
I haven't been keeping up with Razer,
Is the Mamba the same shape as the DeathAdder?
I used to use the DeathAdder but it died and I switched to a G570 recently but I'n not a fan, I miss the shape of the Razer, and like the idea of wireless.
Jan 5, 2018
117 posts
214 upvotes
I have the Mamba Wireless, it is basically just a wireless deathadder.
Nov 2, 2010
78 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Chongus wrote: I haven't been keeping up with Razer,
I used to use the DeathAdder but it died and I switched to a G570 recently but I'n not a fan, I miss the shape of the Razer, and like the idea of wireless.
I have a Mamba from some years ago, which I upgraded to from a deathadder. Here's what I can tell you:

I started off with the Deathadder - great mouse, QC issues led to right clicking problems after a couple years (note, most of my other mice like lenovo mice have had no worries lasting years and years).

I found a Mamba on sale in the mid-2010s and began using it as my daily for gaming. Same shape as the Deathadder with some extra buttons/functionality, more DPI range, rgb lighting, etc. The included battery bulged up within the first year of ownership. Razer was quick to respond and replaced it fully under warranty. Since then, I've mostly just used it on my desktop which I use to game. Most of my other tasks I do on either my laptop or work laptop so usage is a lot less than before. It's held up well for years now. However, if it were to ultimately go the 'razer' way, I think I'll opt for a 'higher quality/longer lasting' logitech. I will say that the shape is top notch for someone with my hand size, and I've got big hands.

Hope that helps!

Edit:
My recommendation: At the end of the day, it is a fantastic mouse. It may not live the longest as a product but while it works, it's fantastic. I would have been very disappointed if the battery malfunction occurred past the warranty period however. Note that you can still use it on wired mode with no battery, but then why not save the money and buy a Deathadder instead, right?
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2006
1593 posts
1097 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I had the Mamba a while ago with the charging base and everything... trust me I really tried to like the mouse especially I spent so much on it. The mouse and the charging base was beautifully designed with the LEDs but after less than a year the right click developed a squeaky sound that just became very annoying. Hope they worked out that issue...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5938 posts
4381 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Particles1234 wrote: Please save your money and don't buy this mouse. Buy a Logitech G Pro Wireless instead.
That mouse is not foolproof either. Double clicking issues are way worse.
Feb 15, 2011
196 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
Chongus wrote: I haven't been keeping up with Razer,
Mamba is slightly smaller than the Deathadder. Shape is very similar.
If you have a big hand, get the Deathadder.
Last edited by arestel on Jul 22nd, 2020 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 15, 2011
196 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
Particles1234 wrote: Please save your money and don't buy this mouse. Buy a Logitech G Pro Wireless instead.
This is half the price.
G Pro wireless is excellent, but that should be compared to Viper Ultimate (at which, it's all about the shape preference & docking station).
Apr 18, 2017
806 posts
1668 upvotes
It's this a deal? It's been this price for a while now and I've been waiting for it to drop?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15003 posts
11527 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
sale still going on

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
May 20, 2009
106 posts
53 upvotes
So the gears of war edition’s base price is 80 dollars more than the classic black mamba wireless? I bought the black mamba wireless from amazon for $67 during a sale so not sure if I’d consider this a deal when it is 99 at full price.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7415 posts
3579 upvotes
Canuckland
It's a great mouse but I'd never use a wireless mouse for pro gaming.

It adds latency for FPS
Feb 12, 2008
293 posts
74 upvotes
Scarborough
Chandlerparsons wrote: Based on what I read, both have issues but logitech has a better warranty. They let you keep your mouse if you RMA.
over 2 weeks and still no shipping information from logitech on my rma. What about the razor viper as it has optical switches?
Sep 26, 2013
180 posts
115 upvotes
Winnipeg
Chandlerparsons wrote: This or Logitech g703?
As someone with the G703, I would say stay away. The quality control of this mouse is super poor. Been looking at other mice to replace it.
Oct 5, 2017
490 posts
164 upvotes
Canadian204 wrote: As someone with the G703, I would say stay away. The quality control of this mouse is super poor. Been looking at other mice to replace it.
What happened to yours?