Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse: 16,000 DPI Optical Sensor $99.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2020 2:03 pm
Sep 26, 2013
183 posts
121 upvotes
Winnipeg
Chandlerparsons wrote: What happened to yours?
The scroll wheel scrolls erratically. I got lucky with the double click issue, but that appears to be very common.
Aug 3, 2017
175 posts
159 upvotes
I have both Mamba and G wireless. Since we are talking Mamba here.

Cons for Mamba:
Lifting the mouse sometimes will cause it to re-calibrate. It could take up to 3s to calibrate mouse so it will not have any response. If you constantly lift mouse during movement, just imagine it lost connection suddenly then back alive again. Not always but when it happens, it SUCKS.
Rechargeable built-in battery normally only last 2 days at most. You have to keep the power on the docking station and remember to put it back to charge. Which requires a 'always have power' usb port or you never turn off your PC.

Just my personal impression, maybe I got a lemon.
Jul 27, 2014
889 posts
770 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Price in title please.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1943 posts
1191 upvotes
Particles1234 wrote: Please save your money and don't buy this mouse. Buy a Logitech G Pro Wireless instead.
save your money by buying something twice the price?
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
<unnecessary>
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1943 posts
1191 upvotes
is this good (ie: small enough) for crawl finger type of grip?
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
<unnecessary>
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2659 posts
2649 upvotes
Toronto
DealCanuck wrote: It's a great mouse but I'd never use a wireless mouse for pro gaming.

It adds latency for FPS
Current wireless mouse technology is very close to no latency (logitech even claims that some are faster than some wired...)

There are a few pros moving to wireless on past couple of years ( eg: https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiv ... yer_in_cs/ 4 years ago)
Pretty sure nowadays we have a bunch more of players going wireless.
Aug 22, 2006
83 posts
59 upvotes
Canadian204 wrote: The scroll wheel scrolls erratically. I got lucky with the double click issue, but that appears to be very common.
i'll chime in here

I have the G703 and it has developed the double click issue. I use the mouse for daily work, not gaming. I cant use it anymore, as it drives me crazy. It either doesn't register the left click, OR it registers double clicks.
I sent a warranty claim, and Logitech has a long list of software troubleshooting to do, as well as recording videos and taking pictures of mouse/issue. It's a known hardware issue, yet they act like it's just software, and by doing a dozen different software changes, it will fix the hardware issue. :(
I've just started using my old Logitech G900 but because i'm a palm gripper I'm finding the G703 was way more comfortable. I'm looking at just buying a new mouse instead of going through the trouble of doing the troubleshooting/videos/pictures Logitech wants before helping.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7505 posts
3677 upvotes
Canuckland
neonic wrote: Current wireless mouse technology is very close to no latency (logitech even claims that some are faster than some wired...)

There are a few pros moving to wireless on past couple of years ( eg: https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiv ... yer_in_cs/ 4 years ago)
Pretty sure nowadays we have a bunch more of players going wireless.
Yeah but it feels like you’re paying for less.

Wired versions are so much cheaper
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7505 posts
3677 upvotes
Canuckland
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse: 16,000 DPI Optical Sensor - Chroma RGB Lighting - 7 Programmable Buttons - Mechanical Switches - Up to 50 Hr Battery Life - Gears of War 5 Edition
Brand: Razer
4.5 out of 5 stars 1,722 ratings
List Price CDN$ 179.99
Deal Price: CDN$ 99.99 & FREE Shipping. Details
You Save: CDN$ 80.00 (44%)

Other places selling $169 (Microsoft Store)
Put price in title
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15084 posts
11811 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
just for you buddy
DealCanuck wrote: Put price in title

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2659 posts
2649 upvotes
Toronto
DealCanuck wrote: Yeah but it feels like you’re paying for less.

Wired versions are so much cheaper
But isn't the same with everything?

Wireless charging for instance, it is cheaper, faster, have a better heat efficiency... , still QI/wireless charging is uprising.
Or even WiFi... it's a lot cheaper to get 5 metres o CAT6 and 2 RJ45 connectors than buy a wireless router.
Removing wires will always be a "paying more for less", until we either accept it's worth the convenience, or we don't feel the limitations anymore (charging speed, latency, bandwidth...)

I'm very far from being decent (let alone PRO) at any gaming, but been using a G703 Lightspeed for an year and something now. the drag on cord (which is solved by a bungee, but extra cost, extra desk space) probably impacts me more than whatever added latency (which I doubt is much, really)
Banned
Apr 21, 2020
7 posts
1 upvote
It has two buttons on the left hand side to bind to keys.
Nov 25, 2015
136 posts
184 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I have the Mamba Wireless, DeathAdder, and G Pro Wireless with big hands and like to play with claw/palm grip styles.

Mamba (MW) vs DeathAdder (DA):
-Have always loved the shape of the DA (and the older gen Mamba's which were essentially just a wireless DA)
-This MW's shape has changed and is now shorter in length and just doesn't feel the same - not natural
-MW has the rubberized side grips built into the actual construction of the mouse rather than glued on, which is nice considering that the ones of the DA's eventually peeled off over years of usage
-Noticeable amount of pre-travel before the clicks register of the MW and it's very annoying at least for me (which was ultimately the deal-breaker for me)
-I play FPS, MMORPGs, and MOBAs, and I'm very impressed with what they've done with the mamba wireless. For a wireless mouse, I don't feel any latency in my games - it's negligible (unless it's in low power mode)
-Overall, if you have big hands like me and are familiar with and love the shape of the DA, I don't believe you will LOVE the MW but that's just my two cents

Mamba Wireless (MW) vs G Pro Wireless (GPW)
-Never owned a Logitech mouse prior to the GPW but I was able to comfortably use it right out of the box and it has now taken over my DA to become my main mouse. (I've used the Logitech G502 but could not get used to the shape after owning and using a DA for so long. My girlfriend has the G303 and found it was great to use for purely claw grip even for a big hand)
-If price is a huge factor, then the GPW probably isn't for you. In my case, I was able to get the GPW at Staples last year for $140 when the MW was still selling for $149.
-MW is much lighter than the previous gen's but noticeably heavier and bulkier after being exposed to the GPW
-Although the GPW is only rated for approximately +10 hours battery life over the MW, I've noticed in real-world usage that the MW has noticeably worse battery life. I find that I have to consciously think about if the MW is running out of battery, whereas I don't even think about it on the G Pro Wireless. (Battery life anxiety is real)
-MW has rubberized grips whereas the GPW does not, however in my personal experience, I found that the GPW was still more comfortable to grip.
-Scroll wheel is noticeably louder on the MW than the GPW, if that matters to you at all. I am comfortable using my GPW as a work mouse since it doesn't look over the topic, and with the RGB off, you can't even tell it's a gaming mouse. The same can't exactly be said about the MW.
-Wireless latency on both feel amazing. Feels like I'm using a wired mouse minus the cord drag
-On the topic of cord drag, the G Pro Wireless actually feels really good when used while charging with the included cord. The cord is very light and the cord drag is almost non-existent. The same cannot be said about the MW, where it's cord is braided, thick and bulky.
-I've owned both for over a year and have had no issues with double-clicks (yet).
-Overall, I much prefer the GPW over the Mamba wireless especially when it comes to the shape, weight, and battery life. If anything, it might be more appropriate to compare the GPW with the Razer Viper Wireless, which I plan to get my hands on soon.

Hope this helps someone on the fence about the Mamba Wireless!