• Feb 20th, 2020 1:50 am
[OP]
Jul 27, 2014
811 posts
624 upvotes
Montreal, QC

[Amazon.ca] Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse $67.42 [Lowest CCC]

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07GBYYSMF/

Similar to Deathadder though not quite the same shape, wireless with allegedly up to 50h battery life.

I've had this on my watchlist for about a year now, didn't need a new wireless mouse as I have been using an old G700 for my work mouse, considered buying it in the 80s and high 70s range, finally at this price I couldn't help but buy.
Images
  • mamba.JPG
17 replies
Jul 29, 2019
47 posts
45 upvotes
I'd recommend saving your pennies for the Viper Ultimate and waiting for it to hit a good sale, its that good.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
4900 posts
4272 upvotes
Toronto
wireless and gaming

isn't that a faux pas?
Jan 2, 2017
410 posts
582 upvotes
chadw01 wrote: wireless and gaming

isn't that a faux pas?
Not everyone cares about the minimal latency from a wireless device. Unless you're doing competitive CS or something similar then it's pretty negligible.
[OP]
Jul 27, 2014
811 posts
624 upvotes
Montreal, QC
chadw01 wrote: wireless and gaming

isn't that a faux pas?
You can't deny the reliability of a wired connection, but Razer and Logitech's recent higher-end wireless mice are just about as good as wired.
Feb 15, 2011
143 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
I've been using this for a while for LOL.
Wireless performance so far has been great. I tested this wired and wireless, and both modes have been good so far.

You could keep it wired and use it in the worst case scenario, if you're worried about connections.
I'm going to get this price adjusted now. Thanks OP.

Viper is also excellent, but mamba fits my hand better.
(if Viper fits your hand, it is a better mouse indeed. Better cable (possibly the best). Lighter. At the same time, it will be more expensive for sure.)
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
1214 posts
380 upvotes
I’m just curious...I have the original Razer Mamba with the dock from like 2012 or so. The mouse is worn now and I was thinking of replacing it...does this mouse go on the dock as well or is this charged differently ?
Feb 15, 2011
143 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
Gogi wrote: I’m just curious...I have the original Razer Mamba with the dock from like 2012 or so. The mouse is worn now and I was thinking of replacing it...does this mouse go on the dock as well or is this charged differently ?
This one charges using a cable.
The port may be the same, but you can only find out by trying...
The link below will show the wire and the port.

https://www.tech-critter.com/review-raz ... less-2018/
Banned
Feb 6, 2020
44 posts
4 upvotes
Razer synapse Install automatically as you plug this beauty.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16054 posts
2672 upvotes
neros34834 wrote: Razer synapse Install automatically as you plug this beauty.
Yeah, Razer's software has always been a deal-breaker for me.
Automatic down-votes: D-Link, TP-Link, Newegg, Canada Computers, any Chinese-owned cellphone, laptop or IoT device.
Aug 17, 2012
544 posts
463 upvotes
COQUITLAM
Save your money and get the Viper Ultimate.

The optical mouse switches should prevent the dreaded double clicking issues that plagues Razer and Logitech mice.
Feb 15, 2011
143 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
1) The deal is now over (119.99 which is almost the highest price now), but this often goes for $99 or lower (it was 86 last time on amazon for several days)

2) While I bought mamba wireless & I'm loving it, I agree that Viper is a better mouse, as long as it fits your hand (much lower body & no right and left handed form). But wired is $99 and viper ultimate is $199.

Mamba wireless on sale is a good choice if
a) you want a wireless
b) you love deathadder but find it a bit too big (or find G502 big, etc.)
c) don't want to spend too much
[OP]
Jul 27, 2014
811 posts
624 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Wallzii wrote: In fact, they are just as good or better than wired.

https://www.rtings.com/mouse/tests/control/latency
Kind of blown away looking at those metrics. There is a 10ms difference between Deathadder Elite and Deathadder v2. Seeing the naga at the top also has me baffled as I had always considered that to be a mouse less aimed at competitive gamers.

I guess I'll be ordering a DA V2 now too, thanks >_<
Mar 2, 2018
15 posts
3 upvotes
Buyer beware. I purchased a razer phone direct from razer and it arrived bricked. Their customer service is horrendous, I did not get a reply for over two weeks even with numerous attempts. I do not recommend anything razer.
Banned
Feb 6, 2020
44 posts
4 upvotes
I liked this mouse a lot even though I didn't end up keeping it.