Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Razer Viper Ultimate Wireless Mouse + Dock [$163.99] Lowest Price Yet

[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
4682 posts
402 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Razer Viper Ultimate Wireless Mouse + Dock [$163.99] Lowest Price Yet

Amazon has the Razer Viper Ultimate + Dock on sale for $163.99 and this is the lowest price yet according go camel^3 and PC Part Picker. This is one of the lightest wireless mouse around and has garnered a lot of praise and a big following. It's always been quite pricey, most likely due do its newer release date and popularity.

Putting aside arguments about the brand or merits in paying this much for a mouse, many claim this to be one of the best wireless gaming mice to get right now, even according to someone like Rocket Jump Ninja.

The standard dockless (??) version is also on sale for $159.28 but I think the extra $4.71 (+taxes) is worth getting the charging dock for.

I just grabbed it myself and will give some feedback after I get it and had a few hours to play. Upgrading from a G305 + AAA Li-ion battery mod. I have large hands and prefer finger gripping my mice so this will be an interesting upgrade.
Last edited by Dark-Colonel on May 12th, 2020 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heatware
[72 - 0 - 0]
78 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2018
1307 posts
3381 upvotes
The new optical switches mouses are single handedly starting to repair Razer reputation construction wise.
Software is still shit
Customer service/support is still shit
I have spoken
Jul 10, 2017
237 posts
196 upvotes
I want this mouse pretty bad, i just dont know if i can justify 185 (after taxes) for a mouse. I dont think ive ever paid more then 80. (i know its wireless)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
4682 posts
402 upvotes
almasyseifer wrote: The new optical switches mouses are single handedly starting to repair Razer reputation construction wise.
Software is still shit
Customer service/support is still shit
One of the main reason why I decided to go ahead and still give it a try is due to its onboard memory.

You can set your custom DPIs and etc., uninstall Synapse and never have to run it again which I'll be doing.

Heatware
[72 - 0 - 0]
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2008
1129 posts
434 upvotes
Abbotsford
OP can you please post and item description in the title
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1612 posts
1069 upvotes
Near You
Razer's driver is garbage, and that description is overly generous, because it's an insult to garbage.
• AMEX PlatinumAeroplan Reserve
• MC BrimSTACK • Visa CIBC Aeroplan VIPTD Aeroplan VI
• TD • HSBC Premier • Tangerine • Fido 25GB/35$ • Public Mobile • Google Fi • Novus 1GIG/60$
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5600 posts
4025 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
I had razer before but stopped using them sure to a lot of razer products I had failed.

I currently have Logitech G900. How does this mouse compare to it? My G900 gets interference issues from my phone and its battery life isn't that great, lasting 2-3 days.
Mar 7, 2017
8 posts
3 upvotes
Thanks for this! Been watching this for weeks, and just ordered one now.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1806 posts
1215 upvotes
Friends dont let friends buy Razer

Highly recommend Logitech mouses instead
Nov 4, 2015
357 posts
111 upvotes
T.O
bomber17 wrote: I had razer before but stopped using them sure to a lot of razer products I had failed.

I currently have Logitech G900. How does this mouse compare to it? My G900 gets interference issues from my phone and its battery life isn't that great, lasting 2-3 days.
Also have the G900 have double clicking issues with the side buttons. Will try it out and post an update.
TELUS 25gb/$40
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2482 upvotes
Is this bluetooth wireless it doesn't say.
Nov 21, 2010
872 posts
423 upvotes
Canada
bomber17 wrote: I had razer before but stopped using them sure to a lot of razer products I had failed.

And they won't let you buy replacement batteries. Gotta go aftermarket. Done with Logitech.
Aug 17, 2013
696 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
JIB9022 wrote: Friends dont let friends buy Razer

Highly recommend Logitech mouses instead
This, G Pro Wireless is an better option
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7218 upvotes
polarbearx wrote: I want this mouse pretty bad, i just dont know if i can justify 185 (after taxes) for a mouse. I dont think ive ever paid more then 80. (i know its wireless)
Justification: A keyboard (an equally common HCI device) can cost you north of $400. So, by comparison (kinda), $185 isn't that unreasonable.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7218 upvotes
likebutta wrote: And they won't let you buy replacement batteries. Gotta go aftermarket. Done with Logitech.
That's one of the major reasons why I'm sticking with the Performance MX.
Jul 10, 2017
237 posts
196 upvotes
chatbox wrote: Justification: A keyboard (an equally common HCI device) can cost you north of $400. So, by comparison (kinda), $185 isn't that unreasonable.
i mean, even some of the more expensive keyboards dont cost anywhere near what you're stating so I dont quite see what you're saying rofl.
Feb 2, 2017
505 posts
648 upvotes
Good price but LMB and RMB will probably develop a squeaking/flexing problem. I got 2 before I gave up.
Oct 8, 2005
804 posts
69 upvotes
I own the wired version of this mouse, got it after my SteelSeries Sensei Raw developed scroll wheel issue (by far my favourite mouse still).
I swore off Razer after my Imperator developed a double-click issue after less than 1 year use but decided to give this a go after the reviews from RocketJumpNinja plus the fact that this mouse uses the new optical switches for the 2 main buttons.

Mouse is very lightweight and IMO better designed since the shell doesn't need to have holes to achieve this so less chance of gunk falling into the mouse over time.
It is pretty small for me though plus I'm a claw-grip user so be advised if you got bigger hands. If you're a claw-grip user, you may want to try it out before you buy it. The Sensei shape better fits the claw-grip style IMO.

Software is still garbage but luckily there is onboard memory so run Synapse to put in all your settings then uninstall if you want.

Overall, solid mouse only complaint for me is the size and Razer's sketchy durability. We'll see how this holds up over time.
Apr 21, 2003
642 posts
38 upvotes
Thanks, was watching for price drop on this to replace my ancient G9x lol