Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Razer Viper Ultimate Wireless Mouse + Dock [$163.99] Lowest Price Yet

Jul 10, 2017
192 posts
179 upvotes
chatbox wrote: Justification: A keyboard (an equally common HCI device) can cost you north of $400. So, by comparison (kinda), $185 isn't that unreasonable.
i mean, even some of the more expensive keyboards dont cost anywhere near what you're stating so I dont quite see what you're saying rofl.
Feb 2, 2017
410 posts
465 upvotes
Good price but LMB and RMB will probably develop a squeaking/flexing problem. I got 2 before I gave up.
Oct 8, 2005
775 posts
43 upvotes
I own the wired version of this mouse, got it after my SteelSeries Sensei Raw developed scroll wheel issue (by far my favourite mouse still).
I swore off Razer after my Imperator developed a double-click issue after less than 1 year use but decided to give this a go after the reviews from RocketJumpNinja plus the fact that this mouse uses the new optical switches for the 2 main buttons.

Mouse is very lightweight and IMO better designed since the shell doesn't need to have holes to achieve this so less chance of gunk falling into the mouse over time.
It is pretty small for me though plus I'm a claw-grip user so be advised if you got bigger hands. If you're a claw-grip user, you may want to try it out before you buy it. The Sensei shape better fits the claw-grip style IMO.

Software is still garbage but luckily there is onboard memory so run Synapse to put in all your settings then uninstall if you want.

Overall, solid mouse only complaint for me is the size and Razer's sketchy durability. We'll see how this holds up over time.
Apr 21, 2003
634 posts
27 upvotes
Thanks, was watching for price drop on this to replace my ancient G9x lol
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
4628 posts
323 upvotes
JIB9022 wrote: Friends dont let friends buy Razer

Highly recommend Logitech mouses instead
I tend to recommend Logitech's mice myself. I've been a longtime Logitech owner and user for a good 15+ years going back to the MX510 with just a brief Corsair M95 in between all my Logitech mice.

My G203 that I passed along to my partner just recently started double clicking after 2+ years of use. Two recent G900 owners I personally know have developed double clicking as well. Not sure why this has been happening to their recent mice. I've read that it has something to do with Logitech switching part suppliers that's been more cost effective for them.

That's just my experience. This will be my first time purchasing a Razer product so I'm excited to give them a shot but also hope it lasts if I do end up liking this mouse.

[FS] Linksys EA7500 Gigabit Router | Auzentech X-Fi Forte

Join the RedFlagDeals Club on Xbox Live!

Heatware
[72 - 0 - 0]
Jul 8, 2018
37 posts
45 upvotes
coolermaster mm710 wrecks anything logitech has to offer because they don't offer anything that light and i have like 5 logitech mice. It's wired but the trade off is worth it.

razer has the viper mini which might be worth looking at depending on your grip
Zoomer Mobile 6 GB / Unlimited $40.50
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9483 posts
5176 upvotes
polarbearx wrote: i mean, even some of the more expensive keyboards dont cost anywhere near what you're stating so I dont quite see what you're saying rofl.

Welcome to the world of keyboards.

Now do you see what I'm saying?
Jul 10, 2017
192 posts
179 upvotes
chatbox wrote:

Welcome to the world of keyboards.

Now do you see what I'm saying?
You're linking custom keyboards.. if i were to go out of my way for a custom mouse the price would be the same. This isnt a good comparison at all..
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9483 posts
5176 upvotes
polarbearx wrote: You're linking custom keyboards.. if i were to go out of my way for a custom mouse the price would be the same. This isnt a good comparison at all..
That's ok, you don't have to see what I see.

It's up to you where you put your money (of course)...I'm just saying it isn't that expensive...all things considered.

Another way to look at this:
If it's a mouse that you really like, and you can use it for say, 3 years....then it's only like $0.25 per day (think of it like a subscription fee or mortgage payment, if you will).
i.e. Sometimes, it's less about the cost of the item, but more about how long can you use it for. (...and good for the environment if a single item can last you multiple years)

(Compare to some people spending $60-$80 getting a new mouse every x'mas)
Last edited by chatbox on May 13th, 2020 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 27, 2008
306 posts
177 upvotes
I've had too many mice and especially headsets from Razer die on me right after the warranty period ended. The Razer carcharias for instance, I've had 3 of them fail on me. Was a long time ago though so maybe they're worth a try again... But man were they the kings of planned obsolescence.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9483 posts
5176 upvotes
djzapz wrote: I've had too many mice and especially headsets from Razer die on me right after the warranty period ended. The Razer carcharias for instance, I've had 3 of them fail on me. Was a long time ago though so maybe they're worth a try again... But man were they the kings of planned obsolescence.
Sony as well...Their laptop batteries and TVs.
Jul 10, 2017
192 posts
179 upvotes
chatbox wrote: That's ok, you don't have to see what I see.

It's up to you where you put your money (of course)...I'm just saying it isn't that expensive...all things considered.

Another way to look at this:
If it's a mouse that you really like, and you can use it for say, 3 years....then it's only like $0.25 per day (think of it like a subscription fee or mortgage payment, if you will).
i.e. Sometimes, it's less about the cost of the item, but more about how long can you use it for. (...and good for the environment if a single item can last you multiple years)

(Compare to some people spending $60-$80 getting a new mouse every x'mas)
Yeah seeing it the keyboard way wasnt it for me, comparing it to a daily fee of like 0.25 i mean yeah that looks fine. Thanks
Feb 2, 2017
410 posts
465 upvotes
JIB9022 wrote: Friends dont let friends buy Razer

Highly recommend Logitech mouses instead
Except all of Logitech's new models have the double click issue due to their low quality Chinese switch they use.

As for Razer's "garbage" software, I had zero problems while I had my Viper. The only thing I did was change DPI but the software never did anything funny.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2200 posts
690 upvotes
This deal is legitimately hot, especially considering the $CAD

About the FUD above, this mouse has 75% 5-star reviews on amazon canada, and 6% 1-star. So don't believe people who say "all logitech/razer suk". Amazon takes returns and both companies will send you a free mouse if it breaks under warranty.