Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Redragon Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, RGB Led Rainbow Backlit, Wired Keyboard with Red Switches 87 keys $40.79

[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1536 posts
899 upvotes
NOYB

[Amazon.ca] Redragon Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, RGB Led Rainbow Backlit, Wired Keyboard with Red Switches 87 keys $40.79

MODEL NO: K552-KR

Lowest price as per the camel site

Amazing keyboard imo .. I own 1 for my desktop and 1 for laptop

Sound demo
https://drive.google.com/file/d/195eJeR ... p=drivesdk

Confirmed with seller Challenger USA that they offer 18 month warranty on Redragon products
Images
  • KLpcNvI.jpg
Last edited by Terabithia on Nov 24th, 2020 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
*Zoomer + VoIP.ms + Lucky Mobile + Public Mobile user* SPEND WISELY

Self banning from the PRC sub, after a member with civility was banned from it without reasonable cause since 11/09/2020
25 replies
May 12, 2012
625 posts
688 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Can definitely recommend this keyboard. It has been cheaper at Canada Computers in the past. Switches are quite clicky, some may find the switches on the louder side. Also, note that this lacks a numpad if you need one. I have used the full keyboard in the past (it stayed with me quite a few years before being donated to my brother for his PC build).

Cheers!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
49433 posts
5849 upvotes
Toronto
Outemu are on the cheaper end of switches, it is louder than the Cherry MX equivalent but gets the job done i guess. From what i understand their warranty is non existent, warranty says 2 years but only on purchases from their direct website?

I do recall seeing it for $25 but blue switches at CC previously.
Nov 20, 2004
492 posts
522 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm currently using the full 101 key equivalent (K582) of this and been happy with it. It's my fist mech keyboard and wasn't sure what to expect but it's a nice change from a membrane keyboard. Would recommend.
Nov 15, 2020
307 posts
560 upvotes
Ferny111 wrote: Can definitely recommend this keyboard. It has been cheaper at Canada Computers in the past. Switches are quite clicky, some may find the switches on the louder side. Also, note that this lacks a numpad if you need one. I have used the full keyboard in the past (it stayed with me quite a few years before being donated to my brother for his PC build).

Cheers!
I think you're thinking of the Blue Switch Full RGB version of this. Canada Computer sells the blue switch FULL RGB version this for $40 (clicky and tactile, full RGB vs OP being only static rainbow)
Nov 15, 2020
307 posts
560 upvotes
These are the more silent Red switches and aren't actually RGB. Each key has a static colour so you can't change the colour. Canada Computer sells the same one but with Blue Switches and full RGB for $40 which I have. I can say though that the CC one is loud but does feel nice and looks nice since the lights can actually change colour. Amazon one is nice too if you prefer smoother quieter keys (no tactility). Got the Amazon for free before lol cause they thought it was lost in shipping but instead it was just delayed.
Nov 15, 2020
307 posts
560 upvotes
Also you can pay $5 for a 2year free replacement warranty with Canada computers.
Sep 21, 2019
285 posts
201 upvotes
Lightning deal for this is around $30.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2012
1761 posts
450 upvotes
TORONTO
I've had 2 mechanical keyboards from these Chinese brands with their respective switches and both of them gave me issues when registering keys in the long run, hit or miss in my opinion. Going to wait to see if any cherry mx's go on sale for BF.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1536 posts
899 upvotes
NOYB
Jimboski wrote: Outemu are on the cheaper end of switches, it is louder than the Cherry MX equivalent but gets the job done i guess. From what i understand their warranty is non existent, warranty says 2 years but only on purchases from their direct website?

I do recall seeing it for $25 but blue switches at CC previously.
Oh?
One reason I decided to get one of this was because some Amazon reviews mentioned their customer service is good and warranty is 18 months.

Self banning from the PRC sub, after a member with civility was banned from it without reasonable cause since 11/09/2020
Nov 15, 2020
307 posts
560 upvotes
Terabithia wrote: Oh?
One reason I decided to get one of this was because some Amazon reviews mentioned their customer service is good and warranty is 18 months.
Don't trust Amazon reviews lol, a lot of the time they're fake and/or are part of a promotion by the seller.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4784 posts
1980 upvotes
Ancaster
Ferny111 wrote: Can definitely recommend this keyboard. It has been cheaper at Canada Computers in the past. Switches are quite clicky, some may find the switches on the louder side. Also, note that this lacks a numpad if you need one. I have used the full keyboard in the past (it stayed with me quite a few years before being donated to my brother for his PC build).

Cheers!
These are Red switches. They shouldn’t be super clicky.
Last edited by unshavenyak on Nov 23rd, 2020 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1536 posts
899 upvotes
NOYB
aomous wrote: Don't trust Amazon reviews lol, a lot of the time they're fake and/or are part of a promotion by the seller.
Ya but you don't fake "agree to send a replacement when your item isn't working well" kind of review..
that would not make a company look as good as with zero complaints
lol

[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1536 posts
899 upvotes
NOYB
unshavenyak wrote: These are Red switches. They shouldn’t be super clicky.
do you know how i can upload a sound file to the post?

EDIT: it's okay

Jun 16, 2020
12 posts
3 upvotes
I have the K582 from last year's BF, it's decent if you can get past the looks. Could replace the keycaps but that would almost cost as much as the keyboard itself.
May 1, 2004
745 posts
397 upvotes
Montreal
I was going to pick this up, but backed out because of the weird backlight colour scheme. If it had one static colour, I would have gone for it.
Jun 13, 2020
149 posts
123 upvotes
The keyhoard and price is good. I've been using it for a while and it still works perfectly. I just hate the stupid lip they have on it. It traps dirt and EVERYTHING. Recently switched to a different one and without that dumb lip and couldn't be happier.