Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Regalo Extra Long Bedrail - $29.99 (40% off)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2021 1:05 am
13 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 5, 2010
2491 posts
5653 upvotes
Ontario
I got this. I didn't actually like it much. In the end, I bought and set up a pillow bumper (like a body pillow) that goes under the fitted sheet for each kid. They love them, and have never fallen out since.
Member
Jan 4, 2016
290 posts
333 upvotes
Calgary
Skilas wrote: I got this. I didn't actually like it much. In the end, I bought and set up a pillow bumper (like a body pillow) that goes under the fitted sheet for each kid. They love them, and have never fallen out since.
soo...they did fall before?
Sr. Member
Feb 18, 2008
696 posts
1437 upvotes
Deal dead, now at $46,32 with only 7% off
I lost the ability to remember things when I lost the right to a full night's sleep.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 5, 2010
2491 posts
5653 upvotes
Ontario
sipjd65 wrote: soo...they did fall before?
Face With Tears Of Joy Honestly yes. All the time. When my son was 2/3 I used to keep a spare toddler mattress beside his bed to catch him. Always rolling out of bed. Now he still love the long pillows and doesn't want me to get rid of it yet, even though he's a few years older.
Member
Nov 12, 2014
384 posts
304 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Thank you OP. I had ordered two and they got delivered today. Hopefully they help my 2 year old
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 21, 2003
3974 posts
1814 upvotes
Skilas wrote: Face With Tears Of Joy Honestly yes. All the time. When my son was 2/3 I used to keep a spare toddler mattress beside his bed to catch him. Always rolling out of bed. Now he still love the long pillows and doesn't want me to get rid of it yet, even though he's a few years older.
For those who might think the above is a rare situation... its not :)
Member
Oct 28, 2004
490 posts
178 upvotes
Skilas wrote: I got this. I didn't actually like it much. In the end, I bought and set up a pillow bumper (like a body pillow) that goes under the fitted sheet for each kid. They love them, and have never fallen out since.
Do you have a link to the pillow bumper?
Member
Jan 4, 2016
290 posts
333 upvotes
Calgary
halcyon wrote: For those who might think the above is a rare situation... its not :)
i mean i have 3 kids and none of them ever fell out of bed. Oh well, everyone is different, im glad you found a solution
Banned
Apr 23, 2021
6 posts
5 upvotes
I think it’s a good price and it is longer which is nice, but I wish it was taller. Anyone who has a thicker mattress will only have a small barrier.
Member
Oct 28, 2004
490 posts
178 upvotes
Skilas wrote: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0748XPZHR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There doesn't seem to be any stock. But it was $32.99 when I bought it 1.5 years ago.
Thanks! It’s $75 for a two pack so not too shabby in terms of inflation. We’re moving our 2.5 year old to his big boy bed soon but he rolls around a lot…was looking for the railings but I like this more. Does it actually stop them from rolling off the bed at night?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 5, 2010
2491 posts
5653 upvotes
Ontario
tropicana wrote: Thanks! It’s $75 for a two pack so not too shabby in terms of inflation. We’re moving our 2.5 year old to his big boy bed soon but he rolls around a lot…was looking for the railings but I like this more. Does it actually stop them from rolling off the bed at night?
When you say "big boy" bed, what size do you mean? These are the exact length of a toddler bed. I'm sure they would work with a Twin bed as well though.

Personally for me, both my kids used to roll off the bed. Since we had low toddler beds, they never got hurt. But it usually meant they woke up in the middle of the night because of it. I started putting a spare mattress to cushion their fall. And often I'd find them sleeping on the floor mattress in the morning.

The bumper works great. It's more of a subconscious physical reminder that they are at the edge of the bed. They can still technically roll over it, but it takes effort. There's no "goal" to get over it since they're asleep.

The biggest annoyance is that since it goes under the fitted sheet, the fitted sheet no longer reaches all the way down to hide the side of the mattress. It goes far enough to hook on the side, but not underneath. It's not a big deal, but takes away from the nice look of hiding the side of the mattress.

The nicest thing is that it's still easy to get into bed with it on. I would imagine that getting over rail may be a bit tricky. But since the bumper is just a long pillow, the kids sit on it, or jump on it no problem.

I was able to dig up some old photos that I took when I bought it. See below. It's like those mattresses in a box. Once you cut the plastic, it expands to the appropriate size.

IMG_20191106_2247216.jpg
IMG_20191106_2248117.jpg
IMG_20191229_091402.jpg
IMG_20191229_091413.jpg

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)