• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2021 1:55 am
[OP]
Nov 24, 2020
668 posts
1540 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] RENPHO Bluetooth Body Fat Scale Weight Scale - $ 31.37 with 42% off

https://www.amazon.ca/RENPHO-Bluetooth- ... 5_a8b1d0ed

RENPHO Bluetooth Body Fat Scale BMI Scale Smart Digital Bathroom Wireless Weight Scale, Body Composition Analyzer with Smartphone App 396 lbs Black

Regular price $ 53.99. Now with 42% off turns to $ 31.37.
Images
  • 1111.jpg
Last edited by Hauntednsk on Aug 13th, 2021 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
100 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1067 posts
1009 upvotes
Mooooonnn
This is good scale for losing weight and monitor it.

I have one since Dec 2019 and thanks to it and my intermittent fasting diet plan, I lost 30kg. Still use it today daily for keep track of my weight. It also support Apple Watch app.

Edit: intermittent *fasting*
Last edited by anshiren on Aug 10th, 2021 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2581 posts
3670 upvotes
I bought a similar scale last year. It works fine, but I've learned that all of the "body composition" measurements are just guesses based off of body weight, age, gender, height, etc. There's no actual measuring for any of them.

$30 is $30 and there's not likely a cheaper scale out there that also integrates with health apps, just don't be fooled into thinking that the body fat, body water, skeletal muscle, and all other measurements are accurate or meaningful.
May 1, 2019
581 posts
2216 upvotes
Smithers, BC
anshiren wrote: This is good scale for losing weight and monitor it.

I have one since Dec 2019 and thanks to it and my intermittent fasting diet plan, I lost 30kg. Still use it today daily for keep track of my weight. It also support Apple Watch app.

Edit: intermittent *fasting*
Please tell me this was "farting" pre-edit. Lots of baked beans in that diet plan.... :)
Jun 8, 2020
25 posts
7 upvotes
Got this scale for my mom years ago and used it -- very accurate weight measurement, but can't speak to the other features. Would recommend!
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1860 posts
1281 upvotes
GTA
who else thinks that it came with a Smartphone?
Pixel 6a combo -
$8 talk text PM plan
$0 4GB eSIM data only plan
$1 voip backup line
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24365 posts
31288 upvotes
ryanrudolf wrote: who else thinks that it came with a Smartphone?
None of us, zero percent.

Let me grab you a snickers bar.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1860 posts
1281 upvotes
GTA
i bought the ZOETOUCH which is similar to this. got it for 24.99 last march. very useful to keep track of weight.
i was ~233 last March and now weighs ~190. i bike / cycle daily for at least 20kms in the morning and afternoon, no rice, no soda, less sweets, less junk food, less meat, more water, more fruits and veggies did the trick for me.
Pixel 6a combo -
$8 talk text PM plan
$1 voip backup line
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1860 posts
1281 upvotes
GTA
redflagdealsguy wrote: None of us, zero percent.

Let me grab you a snickers bar.
title was misleading, at least for me. should have read "With Smartphone App"
Pixel 6a combo -
$8 talk text PM plan
$1 voip backup line
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1298 posts
1415 upvotes
Abbotsford
Don't bother the body composition is not accurate at all.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5273 posts
7154 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
Been looking for a scale for weeks now. Everything is so Digital. Which I find annoying . Do you really need an App to track stuff for you?
Pen & Paper is best

My advice is buy one that's 20 bucks or less
Nov 25, 2014
69 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
If you're buying this for body composition, don't bother.

However, these scales are great to keep track/monitor your weight and to hold yourself accountable.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1067 posts
1009 upvotes
Mooooonnn
briand1989 wrote: Please tell me this was "farting" pre-edit. Lots of baked beans in that diet plan.... :)
Lol, no. Sorry to disappoint, I missed “fasting” and went with “intermittent diet”.

But you are spot on, I just had those experience actually from last night.
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2010
1436 posts
1131 upvotes
Ontario
PhanTheMan wrote: If you're buying this for body composition, don't bother.
Just curious, what scale would you recommend for accurate body composition measurements?
Mar 11, 2020
457 posts
181 upvotes
got one by conair the weight watchers one from costco last year for $10. I also got this one but conair one was much better and cheaper so I returned this.
Dec 14, 2007
123 posts
67 upvotes
I got this back in Dec 19. Still works great with the original batteries. The app shows how much fatter I've gotten during covid. The logs are stored even after switching phones
I just ignore the body composition stuff - it's just snake oil if you ask me
Nov 25, 2014
69 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
Isostar wrote: Just curious, what scale would you recommend for accurate body composition measurements?
I forgot to mention that I also use the scale for body fat %.

For other body composition measurements I just ignore and don't use anything else to measure. When I weigh myself I'm only concerned about weight and BF%. I recognize the BF% is inaccurate, but at least it is accurately inaccurate, meaning you can still use it to get a relative sense of improvement (i.e. if it decreases, then I'm happy). I compared this scale with an Omron Fat Loss monitor and it was only off by +/-0.5%. The most accurate BF% measurement you can get is by using skinfold calipers but you'd also need someone who is good at interpreting the results
Apr 14, 2010
92 posts
29 upvotes
Ottawa
Great price. Bought mine in April for $15 more. Best investment for your health. I lost more than 20kg since this March through IF and Keto. But this scale played a main part of journey to keep track and motivate myself.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5881 posts
727 upvotes
Markham
does it have to be used with app, or can it be used like a regular no frills weighing machine?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)