• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2020 10:51 am
[OP]
Banned
Sep 10, 2020
1 posts
4 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Renpho BMI Smart bluetooth bathroom Scale $28.99

Last time I missed the sale and have been tracking this for a while. The Renpho body scale is back on sale. Original price was $43.99 but with $15 coupon the price goes down to $28.99
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 11th, 2020 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer field was empty
12 replies
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2116 posts
1010 upvotes
Markham
thx.. i wanted another one
Feb 27, 2011
992 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
There is a good article on WireCutter about how precise, or rather imprecise, many of these cheap bathroom scales are. Many of them are not very precise, most of them are not very accurate. Unfortunately, many cheap scales fake their precision by remembering the last weight-in and will deliberately display the same weight if the next weight-in falls within a small range (the manufacturer is guessing that the user is trying to test out the scale during the rapid repeated weight-ins). Even the article on WireCutter did not mention which brands use this scummy tactic to make their products appear to be better than they actually are.

Buyer beware...
Mar 23, 2017
378 posts
255 upvotes
Canada
How accurate are readings other then weight like fat % on these scales?
Dec 26, 2006
233 posts
257 upvotes
Yes. I bought this scale and have noticed that on my own. Say I weigh myself before taking a leak, and lose .2 of a pound, it’ll take my before weight. Aside from that, I think the scale is great value. I have the app and it tracks so many things from the scale using Bluetooth.
Feb 22, 2011
208 posts
178 upvotes
Mississauga
I just bought this one:

1byone Smart Body Fat Scale, Bluetooth Digital Weight BMI Bathroom Scales with App Support, Auto Calibration, Step-on Tech, Precision & Accurate, 180 kg / 400 Pounds (lbs), 3 AAA Batteries Included https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B083NLSSZY/ref ... xFbSG0ABB2

I also have a Withings scale and compared the two with the same result except the 1byone says it measures in 0.2 increments so while the Withings read 0.1 the 1byone said 0.2 I’m confident it’s accurate enough. I’m not sure what the difference is between this and the OP’s post, I feel they’re the same just different names
Nov 4, 2004
70 posts
75 upvotes
Mine broke in less than 2 years. Some strange readings sometimes when it did work. Don't put a lot of trust in this product.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8627 posts
4991 upvotes
Toronto
UWOD2020 wrote: One has 8x more reviews
More like spent 8x more on reviews lol
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9668 posts
1164 upvotes
GTA
I bought one of these during the last sale and it "seems" to be working well. I never thought that it could be giving me wrong readings. I don't really use the body fat % part but if you are looking for a scale with tracking via app I can recommend it...
Sep 23, 2012
154 posts
129 upvotes
White Rock BC
Thank goodness there's bluetooth. I hate it when I have to bend a bit to see the numbers. My diet starts in ... October?
If "love is all there is" and you love pizza, is that really all there is?