[Amazon.ca] RENPHO Body Fat Smart Scale w/ Bluetooth $26.99 after Coupon

[OP]
Banned
Aug 9, 2019
52 posts
221 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] RENPHO Body Fat Smart Scale w/ Bluetooth $26.99 after Coupon

Not sure how long the coupon will be active for, but they have a $18 coupon you can clip to bring the price from $44.99 down to $26.99. Shipping is free
Details:
13 Essential Measurements
Maximum weight capacity: 396 lbs
Compatibility: Android and iOS compatible
Power: 3 x AAA batteries included
39 replies
Mar 5, 2016
29 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Been using this for a week. I'm happy with it so far, weight results are consistent. App tracking that syncs with fitbit is really convenient. Seems to be in this price pretty often.
Nov 4, 2014
202 posts
123 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Great price for this scale. I picked one up at the beginning of the year and it works well. Always syncs consistently with my phone and app works with Apple Health. Not really sure how accurate/valid all the BMI analysis stuff is but it does recognize when you are not barefooted. I didn't buy it for that...I just wanted and an easy way to track my weight on my phone.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
1950 posts
3402 upvotes
Toronto
Perfect!! Was looking for one as my fitbit aria broke.. And don't forget aeroplane store as there is 5x (i think) for amazon today

I can confirm that I didn't see $18 coupon last night as I was trying to purchase one, but saw aeroplan would have 5x amazon today, so I waited for a day
Last edited by LarryT778370 on Dec 9th, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3594 posts
827 upvotes
Nice find op. I have owned this scale in colour black for a few months. It's really nice. You need to have the phone app open while sending results to the device. It nicely sync to Google fit.
Dec 10, 2014
844 posts
651 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I know it won't be accurate, but how do scales even claim to measure bf and stuff just by stepping on?
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1543 posts
725 upvotes
McGarnagle wrote: I know it won't be accurate, but how do scales even claim to measure bf and stuff just by stepping on?
They send a electrical pulse through the metal pads along your feet to measure the resistance. Its not really accurate because the measurement only happens between the 2 points(So it would just be measuring the point between your 2 feet... Your legs and lower torso) AND the actual resistance can be changed beyond just fat content in your body... So being especially well hydrated(or dehydrated) would also mess the numbers up. Its probably good enough for non-medial stuff though.

If you're serious about finding your body fat percent, medical callipers are probably a bit more accurate. Though thats still not really accurate enough to make any medical decisions off.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1928 posts
1948 upvotes
Montreal
Thank you op!
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14433 posts
8824 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, needed a scale, not sure if I'll use all the functions, but will it be able to tell me that I've lost weight by spending money? (lighter wallet, ahaha?)
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3537 posts
939 upvotes
GTA
Now that the dominos 50% deal is done, lets see what the damage is...
May 9, 2008
537 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
have this and love it. Try to use it daily. They just launched the apple watch app now for those interested.

got the white one.
Oct 23, 2019
26 posts
8 upvotes
Sherbrooke, QC
Got one, thanks Op. Prefer rechargeable model, but only in black color.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2472 posts
530 upvotes
McGarnagle wrote: I know it won't be accurate, but how do scales even claim to measure bf and stuff just by stepping on?
I've used this one for years. To me, it doesn't matter how accurate it is compared to other methods, as it is just a number. What's more important is the trend. When you're dropping weight you can track the body fat percentage decreasing. It has been consistent in that way and I feel like at this price it is a fantastic purchase.
Jun 15, 2019
327 posts
286 upvotes
I have tried the renphon before, the body fat metric is just a pre-calculated formula, tested out for a few days and returned it. I haven’t bought enough a scale since but for this price, why not so bought one just for the basics. Thanks OP
Jul 26, 2013
592 posts
367 upvotes
Toronto
I've had this scale for awhile. Frankly I don't think the body fact reading is accurate (wish it was because I'm fatter than the readings. lol)

It looks nice but the main benefit of this scale is the bluetooth and mobile app it syncs with. It allows you to keeps a record of your progress. For this money, it's well worth the price. You'll pay 20 bucks for just a plain jane scale.
Feb 3, 2019
147 posts
89 upvotes
Brampton,ON, Canada
Thanks OP , bought one. Hope it works well to reduce my weight :D
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1682 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
The BF% on these things are nowhere close to being accurate.
Apr 11, 2003
681 posts
156 upvotes
Edmonton
Have this in black for 6 months. Works far better than the previous iHealth one we had, and the stupid Fitbit Aria one that seemed to lock in all data to the Fitbit app because "we're fitbit, bitch, we don't share data" (paraphrasing, but that's basically what their support told me).

For those saying the body fat is off... there's a setting in the app for if you are an "athlete" or not. Mine has a delta of about 10% between those settings. I would try that.

Great scale for the price.