Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

RENPHO Smart Exercise Bike COMPATIBLE with Peloton and Zwift for $494.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2021 11:30 am
Aug 7, 2017
428 posts
553 upvotes
cloak wrote: Any way to use the monitor to display whatever you want?
There is no monitor - you use your phone or tablet.
Jun 6, 2020
11 posts
4 upvotes
Code on the RENPHO site is "BIKESPECIAL" to get it for $499 CAD shipped.
Nov 18, 2006
786 posts
182 upvotes
Montreal
bya1998 wrote: There is no monitor - you use your phone or tablet.
Apart from using the "mirror" function of your phone to cast to TV, any other way of having the Renpho app working with a TV instead of a smartphone? Cycling through various courses and hills seems a lot more interesting in front of a large screen tv versus a phone/tablet.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
11420 posts
4834 upvotes
MikeSmooth wrote: Apart from using the "mirror" function of your phone to cast to TV, any other way of having the Renpho app working with a TV instead of a smartphone? Cycling through various courses and hills seems a lot more interesting in front of a large screen tv versus a phone/tablet.
Can the APP not be install on a streaming device connected to a TV?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
2041 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
Is there any monthly subscription for AI or program to use it?
Aug 21, 2011
160 posts
60 upvotes
ysl5710 wrote: Is there any monthly subscription for AI or program to use it?
The Renpho AI gym app is free. No subscription fee.

Can this bike be used for spinning?!!!
Feb 28, 2011
713 posts
1708 upvotes
ottawa
HmizaHadi wrote: The Renpho AI gym app is free. No subscription fee.

Can this bike be used for spinning?!!!
Look carefully at this bike. Does it strike you as a spinning type of bike? Google “spinning bike” and look at the type, go to YouTube and check out spinning classes… spinning bike must be of certain geometry and be able to sustain some punishment depending on your intentions to exercise of course. This bike is for someone who wants to leisurely rotate pedals and watch tv or read.
Here is the cheapest bike for spinning or Zwift racing with automatic resistance on sale for $999
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ec ... d/14321402
If it’s too expensive, go to amazon and search for spinning bikes and you will get all kinds of cheap bikes without automatic resistance though.
Nov 22, 2018
58 posts
31 upvotes
Worth getting from amazon due to their superior return policy? everything else is through the seller and you pay for return shipping
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
11420 posts
4834 upvotes
theDancingMonkey wrote: Worth getting from amazon due to their superior return policy? everything else is through the seller and you pay for return shipping
Yes, even with Walmart you will have to deal with the seller.
Nov 13, 2004
170 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP. Grabbed 1.

I have a smart trainer (TacX Vortex Smart). But this is more convenient. Plus, it let's my wife jump on the bike too.

This is not a spin bike. It has a free wheel. So you can coast. It's more like the Wahoo Smart Bike or the Watt Bike or the TacX Neo bike. But this one is $1500 cheaper, has a lower power ceiling (400W in app, 1000W in other apps), and is far less accurate with power readings (+/- 10% power readings vs normal smart trainers that have +/- 2% accuracy).

To put the accuracy into context, if you are putting out 300W, it might only register you at 270W.

But if you are just getting into indoor training, or want to share it with a few people, this is by far the most cost effective entry into smart bike training.

I suspect those who outgrow this will purchase either a direct drive trainer, a smart bike or a spin bike. So, consider this an alternative to $600 wheel-on trainers.
May 12, 2012
142 posts
183 upvotes
BC
Won't last if you ride it on a regular basis with intensity.

Buy something that you can get parts for locally or else it just becomes scrap metal. Just like my Sunny bike I bought last year.
Jul 29, 2016
336 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
Isn't this the same one that has was $600 two months ago?
Jun 17, 2019
156 posts
213 upvotes
wait a couple of years and these will be in the free stuff section on kijiji
Oct 1, 2006
77 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Just set this up and the resistance is out of wack or something. From 0 to 2.0 there is no resistance and once you turn it up one more notch to 2.5 it's like a dead stop trying to crank the peddles.

Is this defective or something I'm doing wrong ?
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2004
2726 posts
439 upvotes
2parks wrote: wait a couple of years and these will be in the free stuff section on kijiji
If i don't get off my ass, i might be dead by then.
Jul 29, 2016
336 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
For those who bought this bike, my recommendation is return it before the window is closed.
I bought it 2 months ago, came with the crossbar mis-aligned. Amazon only refunded $60. Should be alerted by that time that this a sign of crappy product.
Then it started with a cracking noise, very loud, and within a week. it evolved to a squeaking noise sourced from the main body.
I myself is very handy and I fix my home appliances, yet I could not figure out what was wrong with the bike.
Contacted vendor, and sure enough, these are people from China that does not trust you, and you have to go through all the trouble to prove 1 there is an issue, and 2. it is an issue from their product.
And then they provided the totally wrong procedure for you to follow, and when they realized it was the incorrect process, they dropped the ball and tell you go and deal with Amazon.
Jul 15, 2006
558 posts
108 upvotes
Just to add to the discussion, I purchased one of these in the last sale and it has been excellent for my use case. My bike came in great condition, is silent and seems well built. The app, though limited in the number of workouts, works very well, the seat is comfortable and most importantly I really enjoy using the bike. The ergonomics are not perfect (as noted above, for a spin bike), but it is pretty good and very comfortable. I am 6ft tall and about 180lbs and I have no issues with the quality or comfort (I may have just gotten lucky). Generally it is a fun tool in my exercise toolkit and others I have shown seem to like it a lot too. All told I was pretty impressed with the bike for the price -- I completely thought I would be returning it when I bought it on an impulse in the spring.