Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] [Amazon.ca] Reolink 8 CH 5MP PoE Security System, w 4 Wired Outdoor PoE IP Cameras and 8 Ch NVR w 2TB HDD ($ 429.70)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2020 5:58 am
[OP]
Jun 8, 2007
83 posts
42 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] [Amazon.ca] Reolink 8 CH 5MP PoE Security System, w 4 Wired Outdoor PoE IP Cameras and 8 Ch NVR w 2TB HDD ($ 429.70)

Lightening Deal

Reolink 8CH 5MP PoE Home Security Camera System, 4 x Wired 5MP Outdoor PoE IP Cameras, 5MP 8 Channel NVR Security System w/ 2TB HDD for 7/24 Recording RLK8-520D4-5MP

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07H3QVZQ2/

$429.70, free shipping and no tax, sold by ReolinkUSOnline and fulfilled by Amazon.
Images
  • 51HxK8ERfxL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
16 replies
Oct 14, 2017
729 posts
776 upvotes
I bought it last month for the same deal..
Good camera
Apr 23, 2016
419 posts
456 upvotes
Kelowna
My quick review of this system.

Pros:

Good build quality, the fit and finish is solid for the price. Easy to hook up (wiring being the most difficult part). App is very user friendly and easy to navigate and customize. Fairly stable system overall and doesn't go down much. Night vision is pretty good. Don't expect to read a license plate driving by (even in daylight this is very difficult), but seeing objects and faces is fine.

Cons:

Intermittent glitchy playback on highest quality despite a solid internet connection. Video seems to pause and jump frames at times. Playback in general sometimes doesn't work at all. I occasionally get "network quality is weak", which then clears itself and streams fine. Sometimes however it just won't play at all which requires an app reboot. I've had issues viewing live feeds reliably away from my home too. Despite having what appears to be strong wifi/lte it just doesn't always work well.

Motion alerts are garbage. I'm not sure how it compares to other systems but I've had to turn off push notifications completely. I've messed around with the sensitivity and grids but still get 100+ notifications per day or none at all if sensitivity is too low. I've had people walk up my driveway and not trigger an alert yet a tree branch shadow moving will trigger 40 alerts during a gusty day. Another problem with the alerts is the motion playback starts several seconds after the initial motion that triggered it. So you'll see the back of someone's head walking away from the door you didn't answer or nothing at all if it was a car or insect passing by. I'll get like 20 motion alerts per night and absolutely no motion will actually appear in the playback.

My initial hopes of stopping someone while they break into my car have been lowered to hoping I can simply identify them the morning after prior to calling my insurance company....
Nov 6, 2014
114 posts
66 upvotes
North York, ON
I am debating if I should buy this system now to replace my 6 years old but still working Lorex system, or wait for a price drop on a Reolink 4k system currently only available from Amazon.com.
Feb 14, 2006
416 posts
342 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
fun4life2 wrote: I am debating if I should buy this system now to replace my 6 years old but still working Lorex system, or wait for a price drop on a Reolink 4k system currently only available from Amazon.com.
Wait, IMO. No rush to replace what's working
Feb 14, 2006
416 posts
342 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
R35gtr wrote: My quick review of this system.

Pros:

Good build quality, the fit and finish is solid for the price. Easy to hook up (wiring being the most difficult part). App is very user friendly and easy to navigate and customize. Fairly stable system overall and doesn't go down much. Night vision is pretty good. Don't expect to read a license plate driving by (even in daylight this is very difficult), but seeing objects and faces is fine.

Cons:

Intermittent glitchy playback on highest quality despite a solid internet connection. Video seems to pause and jump frames at times. Playback in general sometimes doesn't work at all. I occasionally get "network quality is weak", which then clears itself and streams fine. Sometimes however it just won't play at all which requires an app reboot. I've had issues viewing live feeds reliably away from my home too. Despite having what appears to be strong wifi/lte it just doesn't always work well.

Motion alerts are garbage. I'm not sure how it compares to other systems but I've had to turn off push notifications completely. I've messed around with the sensitivity and grids but still get 100+ notifications per day or none at all if sensitivity is too low. I've had people walk up my driveway and not trigger an alert yet a tree branch shadow moving will trigger 40 alerts during a gusty day. Another problem with the alerts is the motion playback starts several seconds after the initial motion that triggered it. So you'll see the back of someone's head walking away from the door you didn't answer or nothing at all if it was a car or insect passing by. I'll get like 20 motion alerts per night and absolutely no motion will actually appear in the playback.

My initial hopes of stopping someone while they break into my car have been lowered to hoping I can simply identify them the morning after prior to calling my insurance company....
Was reading if you're really fed up with the dvr Blue Iris will support those DVR only cameras if you also run a neolink to produce an rtsp feed. You can do this all for free actually, blue Iris has a 2 week trial mode. You will probably need this software though https://github.com/thirtythreeforty/neolink
Oct 13, 2010
598 posts
96 upvotes
Is this a good system? My car was smashed at night and Wyze cam was useless so I just ordered this. Value seems gold considering everything you get and 2560x1920 resolution.

What's in the box?
1 x 8CH NVR RLN8-410
4 x 5MP PoE Camera RLC-520
1 x 48V NVR adaptor
1 x USB Mouse
1 x 1M Cat5 Cable
4 x 18M Cat5 Cable
1 x 1M HDMI Cable
HDD Installed: Pre-installed with a 2TB HDD
Last edited by THS on Jun 16th, 2020 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 13, 2010
598 posts
96 upvotes
How is night vision quality? How many hours or days can it record on 2TB included with 4 cameras running at full resolution ?
Oct 13, 2010
598 posts
96 upvotes
Oh sorry I didn't see it was already posted. I'll try to delete. If it doesn't work can mods please delete thanks.

Edit: It doesn't let me delete.
Oct 13, 2010
598 posts
96 upvotes
Ruciz wrote: Was reading if you're really fed up with the dvr Blue Iris will support those DVR only cameras if you also run a neolink to produce an rtsp feed. You can do this all for free actually, blue Iris has a 2 week trial mode. You will probably need this software though https://github.com/thirtythreeforty/neolink
Amazon sells the cameras alone for 60 each. Bullet style not dome. But then i also need to power them somehow.

Do you recommend this way with Blue Iris instead of bundle with NVR ?
Apr 2, 2015
316 posts
424 upvotes
Siberia
soupmaster666 wrote: reputation on the IPCamTalk forums
Wouldn't really say that's a good thing considering how that place is run.