Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Reolink IP PoE Security Camera 5 MP - RLC-420-5MP for $84.99 [WARM]

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2018 7:37 am
[OP]
Apr 15, 2009
63 posts
91 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Reolink IP PoE Security Camera 5 MP - RLC-420-5MP for $84.99 [WARM]

If you are looking for a 5MP camera from a reputable company, I thought this is not a bad deal. It has good reviews, good features POE, 5MP, with microphone.

Deal link:
https://www.amazon.ca/Security-Megapixe ... eolink+420

Features:
- 1440P HD TURRET CAM: 2560x1440P HD turret cam with resolution of 4MP, 18pcs embedded infrared LEDs to get 100ft decent night vision range, 4mm lens with 80˚ wide viewing angle.
- PLUG & PLAY POE INDOOR&OUTDOOR: Wired PoE dome camera, plug and play, ceiling-mounted, versatile in applications and easy installation, indoor and outdoor use.
- SD Card or NVR RECORDING: Comes with SD card slot( SD card not included), support up to 64Gb micro SD card for recording. 24/7 HD video recording and storage with Reolink PoE network video recorders (support up to 16 cameras and with built-in 3TB HDD).
- MOTION DETECTION & EMAIL ALERT: Flexible motion detection (set detection zone, schedule detection and adjust sensibility), real-time and accurate movement alert via app push notification, email, support automatically upload motion-triggered image capture and recording to FTP.
- FREE APPS & NO SUBSCRIPTION FEE: Rich feature and functions in free apps for iPhone, Android, Windows PC, Mac, no subscription fee, live view, remote access, motion alert, multiple channels(at least 8 camera sources), intuitive and easy to navigate user interface.
21 replies
Dec 30, 2015
47 posts
22 upvotes
Ottawa
Recently wired cat6 and POE to the back of my house specifically for video monitoring. I hope the specs are accurate because if so these are exactly what I wanted. Totally not interested in monthly fees although my server probably consumes the bulk of "always-on" electrical power ($30/mo). Now I got to find some good monitoring software.

Network Protocol: HTTPS, SSL, TCP/IP, UDP, UPNP, RTSP, SMTP, NTP, DHCP, DNS, DDNS, FTP, P2P

I'd like to hook two of these up to windows based monitoring software.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
1215 posts
295 upvotes
Montréal, QC
I don't know the brand but it looks like a great camera with great resolution
[OP]
Apr 15, 2009
63 posts
91 upvotes
rockyrye wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 4:32 pm
Recently wired cat6 and POE to the back of my house specifically for video monitoring. I hope the specs are accurate because if so these are exactly what I wanted. Totally not interested in monthly fees although my server probably consumes the bulk of "always-on" electrical power ($30/mo). Now I got to find some good monitoring software.

Network Protocol: HTTPS, SSL, TCP/IP, UDP, UPNP, RTSP, SMTP, NTP, DHCP, DNS, DDNS, FTP, P2P

I'd like to hook two of these up to windows based monitoring software.
Blue Iris has a good reputation, but it will require a decent Intel Cpu that is QuickSync capable.
Dec 30, 2015
47 posts
22 upvotes
Ottawa
Stevey3001 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 5:16 pm
Blue Iris has a good reputation, but it will require a decent Intel Cpu that is QuickSync capable.
Hmmmm. Had never heard of QuickSync but apparently my server i7-2700K CPU is compatible. Thanks.

I also have iSpy and ZoneMinder on a TODO list. Blue Iris will be the first one I try.

Also need a good single residence POE video doorbell / intercom. I prefer something compatible with Asterisk that uses SIP when the button is pressed. Will not buy Google or Ring. IMHO security devices ought to be private and not part of a data mining business.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
2873 posts
1191 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
Not sure if I should wait next year or not when winter is over. I do want to wire 4 camera's or so outside but not sure if I want to do it in the winter lol

-10℃~+55℃(14°F~131°F)

Man story of my life. What about -40 :P
---
Koodo Long Term Customer!
Self Employed: Youtube, Sites, Server Administrator, and more. I enjoy just getting my hands on anything if I can do it from home.
Enjoyments: ATVing, Northern Living, Online Shopping, Being Social Active.
Dec 25, 2010
856 posts
250 upvotes
Vancouver
For software, Milestone Xprotect is worth looking into also. It's an enterprise grade program that has a free tier for up to 8 cameras. Runs on Windows.
Jul 3, 2017
26 posts
42 upvotes
I have the bullet style have been impressed with it
Have it setup with FTP to my Nas been working great for 3 weeks no problems
MUST be used with PoE as it does not come with a power adapter
Mar 5, 2005
404 posts
54 upvotes
i've been using contacam for a few years. really like it ; its free and support is very good
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1227 posts
299 upvotes
Calgary
Stevey3001 wrote:
Wtf?
Running it on my Ryzen 2600X with no problems.
Mar 8, 2008
99 posts
58 upvotes
Edmonton
If I recall quick sync has something to do with transcoding right? Specifically h265?
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
1750 posts
311 upvotes
Stevey3001 wrote:
I’m confused. Why do you need such a high end system to record video?
Apr 2, 2006
919 posts
104 upvotes
Our cameras are awful at night. Too bad it's back up to $99. Thanks