Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Resident Evil Village PS5 Pre-Order - $77.07 (retail $79.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2021 4:47 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3586 posts
5613 upvotes
Kitchener

[Amazon.ca] Resident Evil Village PS5 Pre-Order - $77.07 (retail $79.99)

A few dollars off retail, qualifies for Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.ca price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

https://www.amazon.ca/Resident-Evil-Vil ... B08VJQCN6Z
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3080 10gb, GTX 1070 8gb, 64GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1070 8gb, 32GB RAM
Homework PC: i5 8400, GTX 960 2gb, 32GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64GB
21 replies
Apr 18, 2008
565 posts
1032 upvotes
BC
Amazon is great if you don't want your game before release day.
Nov 24, 2013
166 posts
97 upvotes
Burnaby
MandomRix wrote: Amazon is great if you don't want your game before release day.
Agreed. I try to support smaller biz if possible, grabbing from bestbuy or GameSpot being the underdogs although both have let me down in the past
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
2289 posts
914 upvotes
EDMONTON
never preorder games before the reviews are out lmao
teksavvy sucks
Oct 30, 2012
331 posts
660 upvotes
umadbrah wrote: never preorder games before the reviews are out lmao
Why? I always do and just cancel the order if the game has terrible reviews.

Excellent way of locking in the best price on release usually.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2734 posts
888 upvotes
umadbrah wrote: never preorder games before the reviews are out lmao
Whatever are you talking about?

Feb 28, 2006
278 posts
246 upvotes
What's the point of preordering in today's world that has digital downloads? And for a measly discount.

It only makes sense if you absolutely must own a physical copy on day one, or you can get a substantial discount.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2343 posts
2162 upvotes
Whitby
Go digital. No tax. (for now)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9000 posts
3302 upvotes
You can sell, lend or trade it afterwards if you don't want to keep it.
With Digital downloads it will take hours before you can start a game due to having to download 60-120+ GB of data for most high production value games.
Installing from a disc is much faster. Games like Black Ops Cold War take up 200 GB of space.

Even with two PS5s, both of my systems are full and I use a 1TB SSD external SSD to install last gen PS4 games between them.

The Amazon pre-order will likely come late and it does not seem to have the pre-order bonuses that other places offer.
quantized light wrote: What's the point of preordering in today's world that has digital downloads? And for a measly discount.

It only makes sense if you absolutely must own a physical copy on day one, or you can get a substantial discount.
Last edited by XFactor11 on Feb 8th, 2021 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 3, 2015
266 posts
664 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
quantized light wrote: What's the point of preordering in today's world that has digital downloads? And for a measly discount.

For me personally, I have a few reasons why I pre-order games.

But the most "RFD-relevant" reason that could apply to others, though, would be for Amazon's pre-order price guarantee. I have a few examples from over the years, but one that quickly comes to mind is Xenoblade Chronicles X. I had it pre-ordered on Amazon for something like $55-60 (during an E3 promo).

Randomly one day, Amazon price matched some price error from a retailer and I saw it in my order details for $15-ish.

The price shot back up to the correct price at some point because when I went to look at the game's product page, it was showing the regular retail price. But by then, my pre-order already had the "price guarantee" happen for it.

When the game's release date eventually came, I did get the game for the $15-ish plus tax.

Ever since then, I pre-order from Amazon the games I am interested in getting just in case. And ever since then, I have randomly gotten some games priced lower than their launch price due to Amazon's price guarantee.
Feb 28, 2006
278 posts
246 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: You can sell, lend or trade it afterwards if you don't want to keep it.
With Digital downloads it will take hours before you can start a game due to having to download 60-120+ GB of data for most high production value games.
Installing from a disc is much faster. Games like Black Ops Cold War take up 200 GB of space.

Even with two PS5s, both of my systems are full and I use a 1TB SSD external SSD to install last gen PS4 games between them.

The Amazon pre-order will likely come late and it does not seem to have the pre-order bonuses that other places offer.
I like physical copies too, and I still buy them, but I have patience, I don't have to absolutely get it on day one. And for most games you can still get a physical copy within the first couple of weeks at MSRP. And for the must-get-on-day-one and don't mind digital, there's that. I understand preordering for products that are supply-constrained where you have no other option to get it if it runs out, but games rarely falls into that category.

It's your choice obviously, I'm not gonna judge.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1552 posts
1962 upvotes
Funny that this is getting downvoted for not a good price, yet this site goes ballistic for regular priced Nintendo games
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3966 posts
1161 upvotes
This game looks fantastic but keep in mind that this is first person only, they did away with the 3rd person view (for now). For that reason only, I will not buy it.
Nov 26, 2013
747 posts
652 upvotes
Winnipeg
If pre-order price guarantee is a deal then RFD must be going on a drought for gaming deals.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6344 posts
4549 upvotes
Ottawa
ReaperEXE wrote: If pre-order price guarantee is a deal then RFD must be going on a drought for gaming deals.
Fair enough, but hey, if it were $10+ dollars off, I'd bite.
With Zoomer Wireless !
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1965 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto
Btw, the PS4 version is $72.28.

Knowing Amazon you won't get your game on Day 1. Regarding PS5 version, not sure if saving $3 is worth it to get the game a few days late.
Jul 31, 2017
36 posts
27 upvotes
Sojoph wrote: For me personally, I have a few reasons why I pre-order games.

But the most "RFD-relevant" reason that could apply to others, though, would be for Amazon's pre-order price guarantee. I have a few examples from over the years, but one that quickly comes to mind is Xenoblade Chronicles X. I had it pre-ordered on Amazon for something like $55-60 (during an E3 promo).

Randomly one day, Amazon price matched some price error from a retailer and I saw it in my order details for $15-ish.

The price shot back up to the correct price at some point because when I went to look at the game's product page, it was showing the regular retail price. But by then, my pre-order already had the "price guarantee" happen for it.

When the game's release date eventually came, I did get the game for the $15-ish plus tax.

Ever since then, I pre-order from Amazon the games I am interested in getting just in case. And ever since then, I have randomly gotten some games priced lower than their launch price due to Amazon's price guarantee.
I still remember that Xenoblade Chronicles X deal with fondness...
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2737 posts
5428 upvotes
Think of all the Dogecoin you could buy with the savings
Jan 8, 2014
302 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
dbdudley wrote: Whatever are you talking about?

Looking like Metal Gear Solid on PS1 Image
"A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde