Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Richardson Ultimate Szechwan Sauce, 4L Jug - $8.33

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2022 11:12 pm
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2014
7160 posts
3333 upvotes
Canuckland
Buy now think later, got 2 jugs
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2014
7160 posts
3333 upvotes
Canuckland
xtremeguy wrote: Its insane how fake health conscious and complainy this site is.. do all of you guys look like bodybuilders?
It’s the internet everyone is a roided bodybuilder
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 9, 2010
1592 posts
4360 upvotes
Montreal
Just received my bottle.
Came in a box similar in size to the bottle with caution stickers on it.

The jug is filled to the very top and was sealed, but since it's filled to the max and lying horizontal there is a small amount of sauce that dripped in the box.
Not a mess or an explosion just rinse the lid.

Taste pretty good.
Like teriyaki with a bit of heat not something that would likely burn coming out for me personally.
Think general tao like flavor.
Images
  • IMG_20220121_104655.jpg
Jr. Member
Apr 3, 2020
140 posts
127 upvotes
Ottawa
I avoid ingesting, Sodium Benzoate, it is a cancer causing agent.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2020
3629 posts
2559 upvotes
if they're discounting this so much then what is the expiry date?
Sr. Member
Jan 25, 2016
727 posts
1132 upvotes
Toronto
MikuGirl wrote: This is probably the same as the big jugs you see in restaurants.

When you go restaurant, you not know what brand you eat.
The big jugs I see in restaurants are usually at Hooters.
Member
Mar 6, 2019
218 posts
328 upvotes
TomohisaY56005 wrote: I avoid ingesting, Sodium Benzoate, it is a cancer causing agent.
everything is a cancer causing agent nowadays.
Member
Jan 22, 2017
498 posts
1496 upvotes
azn0Richard0 wrote: Just received my bottle.
Came in a box similar in size to the bottle with caution stickers on it.

The jug is filled to the very top and was sealed, but since it's filled to the max and lying horizontal there is a small amount of sauce that dripped in the box.
Not a mess or an explosion just rinse the lid.

Taste pretty good.
Like teriyaki with a bit of heat not something that would likely burn coming out for me personally.
Think general tao like flavor.
Thanks OP I ordered one. What you eat it with?
I am hoping it's good with white rice/fried rice, eggrolls and chicken.
I like VH plum sauce but it's like $4 for a tiny bottle and is mostly pumpkin puree anyway it pissed me off last time I bought it lol.

They also have
Frank's Redhot, Hot Sauce, Sweet Chili 1.89L for $8.55

https://www.amazon.ca/Franks-RedHot-Sau ... merReviews
Member
Jan 22, 2017
498 posts
1496 upvotes
MikuGirl wrote: This is probably the same as the big jugs you see in restaurants.

When you go restaurant, you not know what brand you eat.
It is the same as the jugs you see in restaurants. Kraft/Heinz have a restaurant division and these are the sized containers that condiments are purchased in.
Likely the discount is because it is close to "best before" date but of course that means nothing. Just like Vitamin manufacturers put expiry date but they never really expire just lose some effectiveness over time (just like almost all medications as well).
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 9, 2010
1592 posts
4360 upvotes
Montreal
CrazyCatMan wrote: Thanks OP I ordered one. What you eat it with?
I am hoping it's good with white rice/fried rice, eggrolls and chicken.
I like VH plum sauce but it's like $4 for a tiny bottle and is mostly pumpkin puree anyway it pissed me off last time I bought it lol.

They also have
Frank's Redhot, Hot Sauce, Sweet Chili 1.89L for $8.55

https://www.amazon.ca/Franks-RedHot-Sau ... merReviews
Should be good to make fried rice with.
Just made fried noodles with it.
Should be good as meat marinade, stir fried vegetables, meat/vegetable dipping sauce for something like hot pot.

evilYoda wrote: if they're discounting this so much then what is the expiry date?
Date on mine was 2022 May 29. But like most best before, sauce generally is still good past the best before and might just change in a bit of flavor if anything.
TomohisaY56005 wrote: I avoid ingesting, Sodium Benzoate, it is a cancer causing agent.
Everything is cancer causing.
The WHO says red meat is carcinogenic...
https://www.who.int/news-room/questions ... essed-meat
California labels everything carcinogenic due to laws.
Drink coffee? We'll that's carcinogenic as well.
https://globalnews.ca/news/4115139/star ... alifornia/
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
5494 posts
3501 upvotes
SW ON
TomohisaY56005 wrote: I avoid ingesting, Sodium Benzoate, it is a cancer causing agent.
I died from it.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 25, 2019
823 posts
1822 upvotes
TomohisaY56005 wrote: I avoid ingesting, Sodium Benzoate, it is a cancer causing agent.
Oh, I not know it's banned in Europe.

I was going to buy, but not buy after see not allow for sale in Europe.
Sr. Member
Jun 12, 2010
545 posts
907 upvotes
AdilN wrote:
lmao jesus, Sugar/glucose-fructose outweighs WATER in the recipe (ingredients are always listed in order of mass)
In another universe where water is the first ingredient, you're complaining about the bad value of the sauce for being diluted with a free ingredient. What even is this complaint? It's not a staple, it's a condiment - do you complain that honey has sugar as its first ingredient by composition?
Sr. Member
Jun 12, 2010
545 posts
907 upvotes
MikuGirl wrote: Oh, I not know it's banned in Europe.

I was going to buy, but not buy after see not allow for sale in Europe.
You didn't know because he made it up
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 9, 2010
1592 posts
4360 upvotes
Montreal
MikuGirl wrote: Oh, I not know it's banned in Europe.

I was going to buy, but not buy after see not allow for sale in Europe.
Not sure where you found it was banned in Europe.
There was a study(http://www.foodcomm.org.uk/images/addit ... tudent.pdf) but it mainly resulted in them restricting artificial coloring and just recommending less use of it.
Sodium Benzoate has more use in it's use to prolong the life of the product by prevent mold.
It's in many products:
-Salad Dressing
-Pickles
-Sauce (eg: soy sauce)
-Condiments
-Fruit Juice
-Wine
-Snack foods
-Soda (Coca-Cola, Pepsi Co.)
-Toothpaste
-Medicine (Cough Syrup, pills)
-Cosmetics

I wonder if people are crazy about ingredients and what they eat.
At this point anything processed in stores likely contains something that is claimed to affect your health.
Unless you make it from scratch or grow it yourself you'll never be protected.
Jr. Member
Jun 6, 2011
113 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto
ArchZeratul wrote: In another universe where water is the first ingredient, you're complaining about the bad value of the sauce for being diluted with a free ingredient. What even is this complaint? It's not a staple, it's a condiment - do you complain that honey has sugar as its first ingredient by composition?
It was a joke good sir, why so hostile jesus

Top