• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2022 11:12 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5023 posts
3150 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
RxMills wrote:
That's like saying, OMG, the salt container contains 100% sodium!!! We use sugar and salt with lots of things, but just add a little. We're not eating a bowl of this stuff. It's an add-on. Eating a piece of fruit is still eating sugar.
Salt container does not contains 100% sodium though

About 40%

His concern would be completely justified if it was 100% sodium
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7250 posts
7041 upvotes
Calgary
HelloNanaimo wrote: Seeing 12g of Sugar in 2TBSP. I’m guessing it tastes like the Diabeetus.
It only took 4 posts for the sugar cops to hit the thread.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7250 posts
7041 upvotes
Calgary
l1197493 wrote: salt actually isn't bad for you, it's only bad if u don't balance it out with potassium

Sugar on the other hand is awful and its just empty calories. So you'll age quicker which brings on disease and terrible quality of life. Food corporations really don't care, they just want to force feed us this junk and profit Confused Face
Have you taken a biochemistry course? You probably should. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the human cell.
Jan 29, 2018
375 posts
337 upvotes
Mine shipped last night and was to be delivered today, but now showing "undeliverable". Going to take a while guess and say there was some leakage :D
Jan 21, 2010
470 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
devil2k wrote: Richardson Ultimate Szechwan Sauce. Sounds like Uncle Wong's Jerk Chicken.

LOL well some people eat Caribbean Queen. Yup it is cheap and has a taste, but it is not jerk chicken.
Apr 2, 2018
45 posts
41 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: Have you taken a biochemistry course? You probably should. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the human cell.
I've heard that "sugar" is a generic name for sucrose, fructose, maltose, glucose, and may others molecules.

I've heard that excess glucose gets stored in the liver as glycogen or, with the help of insulin, converted into fatty acids, circulated to other parts of the body and stored as fat in adipose tissue.

Is biochemistry no longer teaching this?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
5419 posts
3460 upvotes
SW ON
tdilmo wrote: I've heard that "sugar" is a generic name for sucrose, fructose, maltose, glucose, and may others molecules.

I've heard that excess glucose gets stored in the liver as glycogen or, with the help of insulin, converted into fatty acids, circulated to other parts of the body and stored as fat in adipose tissue.

The keyword here is excess. Don't eat 4 liters at once and everything will be fine.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1583 posts
1819 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: Have you taken a biochemistry course? You probably should. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the human cell.
oh boy this is probably the dumbest thing i've ever read on RFD or at least top 5 all time. What does needing glucose for energy have anything to do with anything? Practically 100% of the population consume too much sugar, not 1% not 2%, practically the entire population. thus the solution according to you is we shouldn't avoid it? List the top 10 cause of death. Is not consuming sugar 1 of them? No all 10 of them involve consuming too much. lol
Last edited by l1197493 on Jan 22nd, 2022 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 2, 2018
45 posts
41 upvotes
alpovs wrote: The keyword here is excess. Don't eat 4 liters at once and everything will be fine.
Yes, 4 litres does seem like too much, but will everything be fine if I consume 3.9?

What is a reasonable amount of this product to consume?
How much sugar is contained within that amount?

What is the maximum amount of sugar for a healthy human to consume per day?
Jan 25, 2016
726 posts
1128 upvotes
Toronto
SammyDavis wrote: szechuan sauces are sweet by definition , Karen.
Aside from you being a foremost authority on Szechuan sauces. The rest of the forum may want to see how much sugar is in a product before purchasing.

Unless you are getting a royalty on all Szechuan sauces sold.
Jun 8, 2012
309 posts
429 upvotes
Ottawa
alpovs wrote: The keyword here is excess. Don't eat 4 liters at once and everything will be fine.
RFD people are so petty and annoying. This is a 4L jug for restaurants.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
5419 posts
3460 upvotes
SW ON
tdilmo wrote: Yes, 4 litres does seem like too much, but will everything be fine if I consume 3.9?

What is a reasonable amount of this product to consume?
How much sugar is contained within that amount?

What is the maximum amount of sugar for a healthy human to consume per day?
Can you look at the FDA or whatever site yourself? Or at least look at the label on the Amazon site:

13 g of carbohydrates constitutes 4% of the recommended daily value. So, 13/0.04 = 325 g (or about so due to rounding) of carbohydrates is the recommended daily value. If you eat 30/0.04 = 750 mL of this sauce per day and nothing else with carbohydrates you should be fine according to FDA. The key words are "nothing else". But there will be a (big) problem with sodium intake. Due to high amount of sodium in this sauce you should not eat more than 30/0.23 = 130 mL of it per day and nothing else with sodium.

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/ ... ch2020.pdf
"The Daily Value for total carbohydrate is 275 g per day. This is based on a 2,000 calorie daily diet — your Daily Value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs."

I guess due to rounding it calculates 325 g from the label. It's bad rounding because 13/275 = 4.74% which should be rounded to 5%. Somebody, sue Heinz :)
Jun 12, 2010
544 posts
896 upvotes
AdilN wrote: It was a joke good sir, why so hostile jesus
I guess I didn't see it as a joke and I'm tired of all the nutrition and fashion experts on RFD saying some incredibly asinine things.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5023 posts
3150 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
l1197493 wrote: oh boy this is probably the dumbest thing i've ever read on RFD or at least top 5 all time. What does needing glucose for energy have anything to do with anything? Practically 100% of the population consume too much sugar, not 1% not 2%, practically the entire population. thus the solution according to you is we shouldn't avoid it? List the top 10 cause of death. Is not consuming sugar 1 of them? No all 10 of them involve consuming too much. lol
Doing statistic is a big part of my job and I'm quite good with epidemiology.

I'm quite sure I've never seen sugar listed in top cause of death.

Obesity yes, sugar no.
Jun 12, 2010
544 posts
896 upvotes
tdilmo wrote: I've heard that "sugar" is a generic name for sucrose, fructose, maltose, glucose, and may others molecules.

Literally any excess energy from any of the four macronutrients will be stored as fat...