Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Richardson Ultimate Szechwan Sauce, 4L Jug - $8.33

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2022 11:12 pm
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 29, 2011
5027 posts
3159 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
ArchZeratul wrote: Literally any excess energy from any of the four macronutrients will be stored as fat...
First law of thermodynamic
Newbie
Apr 2, 2018
45 posts
42 upvotes
ArchZeratul wrote: Literally any excess energy from any of the four macronutrients will be stored as fat...
What is the pathway of fibre being stored as fat?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 2, 2010
1250 posts
1120 upvotes
Sugary\fatty\salty food threads are some of the most informative on here. I had no intention of purchasing this product but just read 5 pages of posts for the informational (and entertainment) value. So far I've learned that sugar will kill me, but only if I drink >3/4 litre of this sauce per day while ingesting too much salt which isn't all sodium, but only if I live in California.

Did I miss anything??
Sr. Member
Jun 12, 2010
547 posts
909 upvotes
tdilmo wrote: What is the pathway of fibre being stored as fat?
Although it's a carbohydrate, fiber is indigestible and thus contributes zero energy, so the statement still holds true.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 19, 2014
1588 posts
2221 upvotes
GPS - error
I had the Spicier Szechuan McChicken today …
Wasn’t very sweet but it was spicy, maybe that’s the reason I didn’t taste the sugar lol
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 22, 2007
9193 posts
2832 upvotes
London
Wow, this stuff used to be made in St. Marys, at a facility called Richardson's. It was a private company, sold to Heinz, and then part of the Kraft+Heinz merger, and finally closed in 2015, with all production moved to Montreal.
I had a few friends that worked there, and got me the restaurant sized 4L sauces, which is what this stuff is, their generic house brand.
Member
Sep 17, 2018
407 posts
629 upvotes
BF No Where
alpovs wrote: I died from it.
Ottomaddox wrote: Wow, this stuff used to be made in St. Marys, at a facility called Richardson's. It was a private company, sold to Heinz, and then part of the Kraft+Heinz merger, and finally closed in 2015, with all production moved to Montreal.
I had a few friends that worked there, and got me the restaurant sized 4L sauces, which is what this stuff is, their generic house brand.
Good to know, I try to avoid supporting foodstuff companies that operate in locales that don't agree with me for a variety of reasons. The short list is China, India, Africa, the Middle East, any country ending in 'stan' and Canadian provinces who have a lot of separatists.
Last edited by gamefacelouie on Jan 25th, 2022 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd trade it all for a little more.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2014
7165 posts
3339 upvotes
Canuckland
Got mine today, pretty flipping good! Doubles as bbq sauce base
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1177 posts
1246 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ArchZeratul wrote: Although it's a carbohydrate, fiber is indigestible and thus contributes zero energy, so the statement still holds true.
Technically if fiber is indigestible then it actually contributes to weight loss since we need to expend energy to pass fiber through our system.
Sr. Member
Jun 12, 2010
547 posts
909 upvotes
sirxterminator wrote: Technically if fiber is indigestible then it actually contributes to weight loss since we need to expend energy to pass fiber through our system.
Sure... but it will be negligible and I'd consider that part of the TDEE/CO counterpart to the CI when calculating energy balance. If we want to be pedantic we can talk about the thermic effect of all foods which isn't on the nutrition label... but this is a discussion where people are arguing about sugar being the only factor in gaining weight, being a leading cause of death and other memes. Not really sure if it's worth getting any sort of nuance when even the fundamentals are missing.

Top