Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Right-Angled USB Type C to C 100W Cable 6.6ft/2Pack for $3.99+tax

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2023 7:18 am
[OP]
Oct 30, 2006
167 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Right-Angled USB Type C to C 100W Cable 6.6ft/2Pack for $3.99+tax

I purchased it to test it first to see if it really worked before posting and it had no problems charging my Predator Triton 300SE that requires a 100W cable paired with a 100W USB-C wall wart with either of the 2 cables (Confirmed via HWInfo it was powering the laptop and providing 35W+ to the battery at the same time without issue). Also Fast charges my Samsung S21. Even came with a little cable velcro management pass-through tie and whole thing looks good and feels fine. Has Prime shipping, even with ordering just 1 I got it next day. Absolutely no complaints from me.

Some reports from users of durability issues, only lasting 3 months or so, etc - for basically $2+tax a cable though... :). For myself I'm planning to apply heat shrink on the cable near the ends to prevent any extreme bends near the tips (and possibly reinforce the tip itself with a thin piece), especially on the right-angled end, to see if I can improve the logevity. Using the right angled end on the charger is part of my plan also.

Shows as having a list price of $5.99 but shows $3.99 on tracking sites without any history.

Comparing it to what you can get from Dollarama nowdays for $5 - was a no brainer for me to post :).

All 3 Colours (Gray, Blue and Pink) all show as having stock as of now.
100W cables.jpg
Last edited by pjpeter on Jan 6th, 2023 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
13 replies
Aug 6, 2020
50 posts
169 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
It’s that time of the day. Nice find! Bought a pair & upvoted.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7115 posts
3632 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Thanks. Ordered as well :)
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11876 posts
9741 upvotes
Toronto
Reading reviews I’m more worried about the tip coming off and stuck in the device, rather than general breakage.
Nov 28, 2016
727 posts
309 upvotes
RFD effect. Only pink left now lol
Lurking on RFD for years. Finally decided to make an account...😂
[OP]
Oct 30, 2006
167 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
Angultra wrote: Reading reviews I’m more worried about the tip coming off and stuck in the device, rather than general breakage.
I thought about that too - if you look at the pictures of people reporting that issue, the metal tip itself is longer than the USB-C socket and so there shouldn't be an issue with having a part you can get a grip on outside the device for removing it fairly easily, if that does occur.

Looking closely at the ones I have, the straight side looks great - but I can see the right-angle tip is not as strong and repeated hard bending to the tip itself is causing a slight seam to be visible - I think I'm going to apply some glue now to reinforce it as a preventative measure to one of the cables to see if I can protect it against that proactively.
Nov 28, 2016
727 posts
309 upvotes
Maybe use the right angled side on the charger but that kind of effect the purpose
Lurking on RFD for years. Finally decided to make an account...😂
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
6045 posts
5862 upvotes
Vancouver
pjpeter wrote: I thought about that too - if you look at the pictures of people reporting that issue, the metal tip itself is longer than the USB-C socket and so there shouldn't be an issue with having a part you can get a grip on outside the device for removing it fairly easily, if that does occur.

Looking closely at the ones I have, the straight side looks great - but I can see the right-angle tip is not as strong and repeated hard bending to the tip itself is causing a slight seam to be visible - I think I'm going to apply some glue now to reinforce it as a preventative measure to one of the cables to see if I can protect it against that proactively.
The physical connector would be the least of my concerns. The main concern would be unintentional shorting when the connector breaks, as a result of solder joints tearing.
[OP]
Oct 30, 2006
167 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
Spinner wrote: The physical connector would be the least of my concerns. The main concern would be unintentional shorting when the connector breaks, as a result of solder joints tearing.
Gotcha, thanks for your feedback. I noted in my orignal post about reinforcing the right-angled plug because I planned to do so based on the reviews. I just myself applied some glue around the cable edge of the RA tips now to try to provide extra reinforcement. I'll wait some hours before I use the cables again just to be safe. I'll probably still apply the heat shrink later as well to the cable itself eventually too.

Being aware that I need to be careful concerning that side I still thought it worth getting myself and sharing the deal - but I'll certainly keep in mind these responses for future.

Thanks,
Peter

P.S. Checking again now, pink too is sold out - so this deal is now unavailable. Take care all.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1470 posts
3312 upvotes
pjpeter wrote: P.S. Checking again now, pink too is sold out - so this deal is now unavailable. Take care all.
Amazon deals like this one, once they go out of stock, they usually come back in stock shortly after, a couple of time. So it's not totally over yet ;) If you refresh every 10 minutes or so, you are bound to find it in stock today.
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 19, 2004
962 posts
460 upvotes
Earth
Is this a sign of the times? 50 users...up @ 6:45 am on RFD going after a pink USB cables ... There were 5 pink ones 17 mins ago at 6:45am..... too many RFDers up in the morning.... Including me...

Thanks OP

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)