Ring Doorbell Pro 2 $239.99 ($100 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2022 5:58 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4380 posts
730 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] [Black Friday] Ring Doorbell Pro 2 $239.99 ($100 off)

I've been waiting for the Ring Pro 2 to go down in price for some time and finally it has, until now it was always $339 and I just ordered one from Amazon for $239 ($100 off).

Enjoy!
Last edited by flafson on Nov 24th, 2022 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
27 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1372 posts
885 upvotes
I dislike ring for the slow connection and for the subscription fee.
Jan 2, 2019
105 posts
283 upvotes
Thanks! Been waiting on this for a while to replace a damaged original Pro, I think this is the first sale ever for the Pro 2? And it’s the best in class if you don’t need the PoE of the Elite.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4380 posts
730 upvotes
CDRoot wrote: I dislike ring for the slow connection and for the subscription fee.
I'm not a big fan of the subscription fee but I'll probably end up having 4 ring products in the house soon enough with a subscription plan that covers all of them together. Plus, the lifetime warranty while having the subscription is a nice bonus, so probably worth it.
Having said all of that, hard to beat their UI and how user friendly it is.
Feb 19, 2006
140 posts
195 upvotes
The Ring website has this Doorbell PRO 2 priced at $169.99 USD minus a 10% discount if you have the Subscription plan

https://ring.com/products/video-doorbell-pro-2

Comes out to $172.89 USD after tax shipped to Canada
About $30.00 cheaper than Amazon (based on my currency conversion)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9462 posts
2310 upvotes
CDRoot wrote: I dislike ring for the slow connection and for the subscription fee.
They upgraded the app and removed support for the "rapid ring" app. The main app is pretty fast now compared to what it was a year or 2 ago.

I just had my floodlight die on me when our neighbourhood had a power surge. Since I have the protect plus plan, they're sending me a new one because of the extended warranty coverage. Very impressed with it overall. The fee covers every ring device I have so the $100 USD I pay a year (grandfathered plan) is more than a bargain.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 23, 2014
79 posts
136 upvotes
Waterloo
Is there a way to DIY this?
Mar 9, 2012
266 posts
232 upvotes
Richmond
Out of all of 100 home automation devices I bought, the Ring doorbell by far offers the least value for the money. Don't buy period.
Jan 25, 2013
207 posts
164 upvotes
Whitby
I ordered the Pro version for $110 less than this one. Didn't seem to be worth almost twice the price for head to toe and birdseye view which at a glance look to be the major difference and the higher resolution.
Am I missing that the Pro 2 is worth that much more?
Mar 24, 2021
135 posts
123 upvotes
Regina, SK
What did you go with instead?
Apr 20, 2021
415 posts
582 upvotes
bobbings wrote: They upgraded the app and removed support for the "rapid ring" app. The main app is pretty fast now compared to what it was a year or 2 ago.

I just had my floodlight die on me when our neighbourhood had a power surge. Since I have the protect plus plan, they're sending me a new one because of the extended warranty coverage. Very impressed with it overall. The fee covers every ring device I have so the $100 USD I pay a year (grandfathered plan) is more than a bargain.
And if you have Ring Alarm it includes professional monitoring too.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37749 posts
23837 upvotes
Center of Universe
Waiting for $199 fire sale…
I have an original Pro since 2018 and it survived all the sub zero temps here in Ottawa.
I recommend home owners to upgrade to a larger 16/24 transformer if it’s not the standard size.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4380 posts
730 upvotes
SoulBrotherNo3 wrote: I ordered the Pro version for $110 less than this one. Didn't seem to be worth almost twice the price for head to toe and birdseye view which at a glance look to be the major difference and the higher resolution.
Am I missing that the Pro 2 is worth that much more?
Reviews are saying the Wifi connection is better so less lag.
Traditionally, they price them as $100 difference, last week the previous model was $200 difference but now that this is also discounted, I think it's worth it.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1372 posts
885 upvotes
pitterpatter211 wrote: What did you go with instead?
Eufy has been pretty good. When there are issues they send me a new doorbell. It’s fast but I’ve had to reset (hard) mine once every month or so. Maybe because I have the 24/7 recording one. I recently got the google doorbell and will be trying that one instead now
Mar 24, 2021
135 posts
123 upvotes
Regina, SK
CDRoot wrote: Eufy has been pretty good. When there are issues they send me a new doorbell. It’s fast but I’ve had to reset (hard) mine once every month or so. Maybe because I have the 24/7 recording one. I recently got the google doorbell and will be trying that one instead now
Thanks. I've got an OG ring that's likely due for a replacement.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9462 posts
2310 upvotes
evilcookiemonster wrote: Out of all of 100 home automation devices I bought, the Ring doorbell by far offers the least value for the money. Don't buy period.
I haven’t tried other doorbells but what makes the other ones a better value? I’m open to getting a new one when my current ring doorbell dies but the doorbell I have is pretty fast, clear and combining it with all my devices, the cost for cloud storage and extended warranty on it for as long as I have the protection plan makes the doorbell a pretty good value.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2646 posts
525 upvotes
Just seems like compared to many other brands this is very expensive. I have the Ring Pro but for 239+tx it's not worth updating. Maybe if this was $150 I would consider it.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2733 posts
2035 upvotes
Calgary
gmcustom wrote: The Ring website has this Doorbell PRO 2 priced at $169.99 USD minus a 10% discount if you have the Subscription plan

https://ring.com/products/video-doorbell-pro-2

Comes out to $172.89 USD after tax shipped to Canada
About $30.00 cheaper than Amazon (based on my currency conversion)
Great price. I ordered a refurbished Ring Pro 2 from their website last week which was on sale for US$159.99 minus the 10% discount. Website says refurbished won’t ship to Canada but it worked using Apple Pay (haven’t received it yet but the package is on the way). If you have the top Ring subscription, it adds lifetime warranty to the devices so I’m not worried about refurbished.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4380 posts
730 upvotes
CDRoot wrote: Eufy has been pretty good. When there are issues they send me a new doorbell. It’s fast but I’ve had to reset (hard) mine once every month or so. Maybe because I have the 24/7 recording one. I recently got the google doorbell and will be trying that one instead now
So you downvote because other brands have better value but when asked which, you're saying the other options are worse but without subscription fee...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)