Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Rio Mare Tuna in Olive Oil with Chili, 240 Grams | $3.99 (lowest ever)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2020 5:09 pm
24 replies
Penalty Box
Aug 19, 2015
7400 posts
7625 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Ordered 6 along with a game lol
Telus $30/25GB X 4 lines Non shareable
$0 200 USA LD min/month X 4 lines
$0 Visual Voicemail X 4 lines
Fringe Minority
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4110 posts
4311 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Thanks OP bought 3.. Family likes them.
Oct 4, 2007
429 posts
190 upvotes
since all the discussion i tried out regular olive oil and have to admit, it's far more of a 'treat' than regular tuna. Not sure i'd like rio mare on a sandwich...haven't tried yet...but just on its own or mixed with a little something to spice it up...way tastier than regular. (think Ribeye steak vs sliced roast beef. Ribeye is delicious and you probably wouldn't put it in a sandwich and it's obviously better than crappy sliced roast beef).

Zehrs also had a sale on this...not sure if it was local. $3.99 for 3*160g. Should have taken a pic....bought 8 (*3) myself lol. Regular price was $7.99 i think
Sep 11, 2004
133 posts
37 upvotes
Rio Mare Light Tuna in Olive Oil 3x80g is on sale (ending today) at Loblaws for $3.99 also. So for those that want this one today, go to Loblaws or price match before the end of the day.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
4410 posts
4649 upvotes
Toronto
close to instore costco regular price: 160g x 4 for 12.99, when on sale 9.99
Penalty Box
Aug 19, 2015
7400 posts
7625 upvotes
Downtown Canada
chadw01 wrote: thanks op

6 of these and 6 of the organic harvest cereal and i now have $35 for free shipping with no tax lol
Thank you for this, made a second order using my second email account
Telus $30/25GB X 4 lines Non shareable
$0 200 USA LD min/month X 4 lines
$0 Visual Voicemail X 4 lines
Fringe Minority
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8933 posts
4846 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
mrdigit420 wrote: Food items shouldn't have tax either either way
It doesnt?
I think only some items such as raw food has no tax
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6413 upvotes
Damn, spent like $50 on canned tuna today, didn't expect that when I woke up this morning.
Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2017
1033 posts
407 upvotes
So what is the difference between these and clover leaf?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2005
1269 posts
1172 upvotes
maimin_matty wrote: since all the discussion i tried out regular olive oil and have to admit, it's far more of a 'treat' than regular tuna. Not sure i'd like rio mare on a sandwich...haven't tried yet...but just on its own or mixed with a little something to spice it up...way tastier than regular. (think Ribeye steak vs sliced roast beef. Ribeye is delicious and you probably wouldn't put it in a sandwich and it's obviously better than crappy sliced roast beef).
I hear you. It's good enough that I wouldn't want to waste it on a sandwich. But it also almost doesn't work well with a sandwich even if you wanted to, because it's so good.

I end up throwing it in a bowl with some sliced avocado, a bit of light mayo, cracked black pepper... it's damned good as a meal, honestly.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2005
1269 posts
1172 upvotes
leg3nd wrote: So what is the difference between these and clover leaf?
This is just decidedly better quality tuna.
Oct 4, 2007
429 posts
190 upvotes
leg3nd wrote: So what is the difference between these and clover leaf?
cloverleaf chunk tuna is like a cross section of fish, flake tuna is like a mess. Rio mare is kind of in between, so it's not a chunk but it's not mush.

Flavor of cloverleaf, now that i've had rio mare, is probably a bit dry. As well rio mare almost has a more savory flavor to it, i think that savory flavor, for folks that are so-so on tuna to begin, might be off putting as savory also kind of hits tastebuds differently. I suspect some folks might like 'regular' better, like some folks like hotdogs and not steak.

Finally, the oil needs to be drained (at least in my opinion), and even after draining, once the tuna is out i sometimes drain a bit more, but the tuna ends up being 'oily'. For me it's about finding just the right amount of olive oil to leave in the tuna, as that ends up being the 'sauce'. It's delicious...but again, different.

I should point out that i don't think i've tried cloverleaf in oil...and feel like i should to do a real comparison, but up until now I think i've just bought whatever the standard clover leaf stuff is, which i believe is in water. Also i don't know if packed in 'oil' vs olive oil makes a difference...but now that i've tried rio mare, i am curious to try out other oil packed variants.

(edit) if you like canned tuna, you should definitely spend the $$ to try rio mare once. Tried for a first time a couple weeks ago and i'm a convert.
Jan 13, 2017
772 posts
356 upvotes
Thank you OP! I love this stuff with my salads. Whenever this goes on sale in the groceries I buy a few packs. Definitely an amazing price for this.
Mar 12, 2016
63 posts
94 upvotes
Ordering Tuna on a Wed morning. What a time to be alive. Thanks OP!