• Oct 24th, 2021 10:14 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 10, 2020
5 posts
26 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Robit vaccum cleaner with $130 coupon brings price to $149+tax

Robit R3000 Robot Vacuum Cleaner, 2500Pa Suction, 2.8” Ultra Thin, Super Quiet, Long-Lasting Battery&Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hair, Hard Floors, Carpets.

Price: $279
Coupon : $130
Sale Price $149+tax

Got some decent reviews.
Images
  • upload.png
Last edited by Mars2012 on Oct 24th, 2021 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed link because amazon seller only has 58 lifetime ratings
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best robot vacuum cleaners!
17 replies
Mar 31, 2017
102 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
Why is this being down voted into oblivion? Is this robot vac really bad?
Sep 14, 2014
288 posts
200 upvotes
Barrie, ON
manymanythanks wrote: Why is this being down voted into oblivion? Is this robot vac really bad?
I'm guessing because it's remote controlled and not wifi.

My iRobot predates wifi, so that's not a dealbreaker, you just push the run button with your foot as you go to work. And trying to get the Bissell crosswave wifi connected was a pain in the rear.

I'm pulling the trigger, thanks OP!
Mar 31, 2017
102 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
jeztash wrote: I'm guessing because it's remote controlled and not wifi.

My iRobot predates wifi, so that's not a dealbreaker, you just push the run button with your foot as you go to work. And trying to get the Bissell crosswave wifi connected was a pain in the rear.

I'm pulling the trigger, thanks OP!
Oh okay. Thanks! My iRobot also predates wifi. I do the exact same thing as you.
Sep 14, 2014
288 posts
200 upvotes
Barrie, ON
manymanythanks wrote: Oh okay. Thanks! My iRobot also predates wifi. I do the exact same thing as you.
Oh man, I went down the rabbit hole and came across this one, no brush (yay!!), Down to 139 with coupon. With wifi and voice control. Looks smaller too!

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08CZR5GCW/ref ... UTF8&psc=1

Was not expecting to buy a vacuum today lol. Damned RFD. :)
Feb 27, 2013
124 posts
145 upvotes
Québec
jeztash wrote: Oh man, I went down the rabbit hole and came across this one, no brush (yay!!), Down to 139 with coupon. With wifi and voice control. Looks smaller too!

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08CZR5GCW/ref ... UTF8&psc=1

Was not expecting to buy a vacuum today lol. Damned RFD. :)
I'm actually curious to know how it performs for you. I had been eyeing the brushless models but am not sure how well they perform.

As for the robot in the op, probably the price isn't amazing enough. The Walmart robot goes for cheaper (99$) and is wifi.
Sep 4, 2010
60 posts
17 upvotes
Ottawa
Isn't having a brush a good thing - especially for carpets? Otherwise I could just remove the brush and make mine brushless. It just seems like a cost-cutting measure to me.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2354 posts
941 upvotes
manymanythanks wrote: Why is this being down voted into oblivion? Is this robot vac really bad?
i think with Irobot, the parts are readily available for replacement. Rebrannded batteries are also readily available. Buying some other brand, you don't have support.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2004
1077 posts
472 upvotes
Any dump vacuum is not worthy more than 100,
You may get a lidar vacuum for 250 from wm, will be way better and worth the money
Never again! HTC , Wind Mobile , Air China
May 13, 2013
116 posts
110 upvotes
Montréal
Actually seems like a good deal with good reviews, would just be worried about replacement parts.

Otherwise I'm sure these are as good as any of the $300 roombas.
Feb 27, 2013
124 posts
145 upvotes
Québec
My two robots axgually outperformed the Roomba I was able to test for a while.
I'm actually curious about the 250$ LiDAR robot mentionnés up there.
Sep 14, 2014
288 posts
200 upvotes
Barrie, ON
mike613ottawa wrote: Isn't having a brush a good thing - especially for carpets? Otherwise I could just remove the brush and make mine brushless. It just seems like a cost-cutting measure to me.
We have two dogs and I have really long hair. Cleaning the brush every half room really sucks. We're hardwood throughout, with the exception of entrance carpets for muddy paws.

The brushless one arrived today. Opening the box now, will see how it compares and post back.

Edit - the size comparison to the Bissell crosswave is crazy. The brushless one is really, really light as well, versus the two hands with roomba.

Edit 2. I LOVE the brushless one! So quiet, and the vacuum part really sucks! I could see crumbs that weren't near the spinny brush getting sucked in.

I did two trial runs, one under the basement stairs where I dumped some of the crap the roomba picked up, and then in the very neglected bathroom the dog likes to sleep in because it's toasty.

The last pic is after about 30 seconds of running it under the stairs - I am so impressed! Picking up a second unit for my airbnb.

To note - I bought this one hoping it would fit under my 3" couch. It does not.

I also ran it upstairs on the landing, and it sensed the edge and didn't fall off.

It's much less noisy than the roomba (and crazy light), I couldn't believe it when I picked it up again this morning after having to lug the roomba all over the house for the past few years.

Hold on (or slide it out) to the filter when you empty the dustbin, mine fell in the trash and if it had been the kitchen garage it would have been yucky.

Biggest downside was the spinny brush got clogged, but to be fair, it pushed through an entire bin of previously vacuumed stuff and the spinny brush clog is an issue with all models. Should hopefully be minimalized with regular vacuuming.

Also important but not on the video, it worked really really well moving around in the small bathroom. It fit and spun easily between the wall and the toilet where the roomba couldn't even try to go.

When given more space it does the room line by line, but I think the trick is to start it parallel against one wall. After a few minutes it sorts itself out and stops banging.

Having issues setting up my modem to just broadcast the 2.5 (junky rogers modems need to hooked to a laptop), but will edit when that gets online.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by jeztash on Oct 24th, 2021 8:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Vid, comments
May 14, 2008
441 posts
242 upvotes
I got the iLife A9 a few years back for 200$. It has a mapping system. It’s not as good as my Neato, but it gets the job done.
Never surf the web unarmed!
Sep 4, 2010
60 posts
17 upvotes
Ottawa
jeztash wrote: We have two dogs and I have really long hair. Cleaning the brush every half room really sucks. We're hardwood throughout, with the exception of entrance carpets for muddy paws.

The brushless one arrived today. Opening the box now, will see how it compares and post back.
Please do...!
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
4639 posts
4013 upvotes
GTA
Chi-tel wrote: Any dump vacuum is not worthy more than 100,
You may get a lidar vacuum for 250 from wm, will be way better and worth the money
What's a "dump vacuum"?
Sep 14, 2014
288 posts
200 upvotes
Barrie, ON
draggonfly wrote: I'm actually curious to know how it performs for you. I had been eyeing the brushless models but am not sure how well they perform.

As for the robot in the op, probably the price isn't amazing enough. The Walmart robot goes for cheaper (99$) and is wifi.
It's awesome. I am so pleased! I updated with a vid and pic and lots of comments :) loving it so far!
Feb 27, 2013
124 posts
145 upvotes
Québec
Thanks for posting back!

I picked up an ILIFE v3s that is dead and will try to resurrect it from the dead. It is also brushless and if I get it working ill be able to co. Pare!