Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Rockwell 6S Safety Razor $97.72

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2021 5:19 pm
49 replies
Jul 10, 2009
99 posts
129 upvotes
Ontario
Nice find. Good price. Fendrihan has it at 130.

Camel Camel Camel shows it's a good deal too.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5820 posts
3845 upvotes
West Vancouver
forged from space-grade stainless steel
Not only this is moronic but its clearly casted and not forged...
Rockwell Razors was born out of a belief that the world needs an alternative to overpriced and gimmicky razor companies
How ironic....

Last edited by MrDisco on Aug 30th, 2021 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unnecessary
Apr 1, 2018
101 posts
361 upvotes
Canada
Never heard of this brand, how is it compared to Merkur or Parker?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1499 posts
2391 upvotes
Hammonds
I went with baili model 3 years ago from aliexpress. Sure its not perfect, but it cuts as well as my 1959 gillette, and I don't care if I lose it because it was $20 shipped with travel case. No rust or tarnish yet. Ali search baili de razor should be a bunch in the $10-25 shipped range... oct delivery date not tuesday however.
Aug 15, 2012
174 posts
124 upvotes
Winnipeg
Kidding me I just got my 6c delivered yesterday
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8554 posts
5570 upvotes
Trudostan
Ok, Who are the goofs that downvoted this? I will defenestrate those responsible.

This is a Solid razor, literally. Still Made in USA, presumably. it was designed by a Canadian and manufactured in the US when I bought mine, back then they were still a small company starting out.
Coz4k wrote:

How ironic....

It's a bargain compared to the Feather SS razor. https://www.amazon.ca/Feather-Stainless ... B004E5GV82

At the time these came out, the market wasn't as diverse as it is now - anything stainless steel was stupid priced or had to be sourced used while everything else was mostly pot metal. Now you can get clones on Ali that do the same job as a Merker Futur for $20 or less.

Seems their site has received a heavy marketing makeover, hopefully quality has not suffered.
SAMSUNG SUCKS! NO SSD WARRANTY IN CANADA > https://forums.redflagdeals.com/has-any ... d-2098075/
Nov 6, 2012
445 posts
736 upvotes
Edmonton
Rockwell has notorious QC issues. The 6s also doesn't hold down the blade tight so you get a lot of blade chatter (irritation). If you wanted a good razor CNC milled stainless steel for a good price, check out the Gamechanger .84 (or .68 for a milder ride) from Italian Barber.
Jul 25, 2006
136 posts
13 upvotes
FWIF I have both and prefer my Rockwell razor. I do appreciate what you are saying about better QC and fit on milled razors in general, but I needed to say there are good Rockwell 6c/6s's out there, I have an excellent one, and it's a MUCH better shave than the Gamechanger or Mamba.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1471 posts
2775 upvotes
Ontario
6S has been the best razer I've ever owned. A definite BIFL, and a solid razer to start out with into safety razer shaving too because the adjustable plates avoid the need to buy lots of different razers to see what sort of blade angle works best for your skin and hair.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1997 posts
545 upvotes
Markham
I was the first to get a production version of the Model T (white chrome from Kickstarter). Very good razor! Flashy packaging (great for gifting).
[inappropriate signature]
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2596 posts
1987 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Coz4k wrote: Not only this is moronic but its clearly casted and not forged...

How ironic....
The basic Rockwell razor is $20.

This is a specialty model. Adjustable razors may seem gimmicky to you but there seems to be a market for them.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
2136 posts
1965 upvotes
benilla wrote: Rockwell has notorious QC issues. The 6s also doesn't hold down the blade tight so you get a lot of blade chatter (irritation). If you wanted a good razor CNC milled stainless steel for a good price, check out the Gamechanger .84 (or .68 for a milder ride) from Italian Barber.
This is outdated information. Rockwell HAD QC issues, to the point that they replaced razors for each of their customers that got their first batch from the quickstarter funding round. As of last year, the production runs seem to be really good. I own the 6s basically use the 4 plate exclusively now, so in retrospect, I wish Rockwell would let us buy the handle and the plates separately.

I recommend the 6S from personal experience, and the 6C deal posted in an earlier post is great price, for basically the same razor in a what's called zamak (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zamak). Under normal use, it will last as long as the stainless steel, unless you drop it, and it lands at an angle that cracks it.

Rockwell also makes great shaving cream, however, it's pricy for what you get, so I stick to Barbaso and Nivea for men.

BTW, I will never deal with Italian Barber again. They misrepresented a promo on a mamba with "titanium" handle, and shipped a stainless steel one. When I pointed it out, they went around in circles, trying to imply I didn't understand the promo, then changed their web page for the promo item, to not point to the original description and then offered me a "refund" as long as I paid their inflated return shipping charges. I won't get into their communication tactics, that reel you in so that they can then use your own words to try and make it look like you are "threatening" them like a credit card scammer.
Oct 25, 2006
580 posts
91 upvotes
FQOGLF8 wrote: Never heard of this brand, how is it compared to Merkur or Parker?
best 'budget' adjustable safety razor on the market, really smooth and good cut, but, not the nicest looking finish on them
...higher end adjustable (also canadian) is Karve (also not the best looking finish)
Perfect eBay Feedback
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2931 posts
1523 upvotes
North York
Do any of you guys actually "adjust" your razor regularly? Looks like a pain to me since adjusting is the same as disassembling to replace the blade.

I was considering this razor but fortunately found an antique Gillette tech. I would try to get an old fashioned used one over a 6s.

For people interested in learning more about these types of razors, check out the wicked edge subreddit. They mostly hate the Rockwell razors but there is lots of good info about this and other brands.
Aug 5, 2013
219 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
quazy wrote: Do any of you guys actually "adjust" your razor regularly? Looks like a pain to me since adjusting is the same as disassembling to replace the blade.

I was considering this razor but fortunately found an antique Gillette tech. I would try to get an old fashioned used one over a 6s.

For people interested in learning more about these types of razors, check out the wicked edge subreddit. They mostly hate the Rockwell razors but there is lots of good info about this and other brands.
I adjust when I haven't shaved in a while otherwise it will get clogged up with a lower setting
Sep 13, 2018
171 posts
313 upvotes
I love how these companies just copy things from Asia and sell it as the best thing since sliced bread. I bet everyone in India, Japan, China etc use razors like these and they are no where near this expensive.
Aug 5, 2013
219 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
RKD60520 wrote: I love how these companies just copy things from Asia and sell it as the best thing since sliced bread. I bet everyone in India, Japan, China etc use razors like these and they are no where near this expensive.
What are you talking about? Safety razors have been a thing for a while
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2931 posts
1523 upvotes
North York
You're correct @RKD60520 . The high quality popular and expensive stainless steel razor brand in Asia is called yaqi. They're on aliexpress and it is what I would get if I had not found a better Gillette antique locally.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtP7CWR