Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Rockwell 6S Safety Razor $97.72

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2021 5:19 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1156 posts
2121 upvotes
Ontario
RKD60520 wrote: I love how these companies just copy things from Asia and sell it as the best thing since sliced bread. I bet everyone in India, Japan, China etc use razors like these and they are no where near this expensive.
Interesting enough, Gillette was one of the pioneers of killing off safety razers in North America to force disposables on everyone here, and now look whose trying to get back into the game after consumers have taken several decades to wake up to the waste+cost of throaway razers... https://gillette.com/en-us/products/bea ... edge-razor

Agree on price. There are some models that can be imported from Asia for under $20 that do perform quite impressively well. I guess with Rockwell you're paying a premium for the Made in North America aspect if that's something that sways someone to buy over made in China.

After the handle investment, I pay under $10 a year in blades now. So I guess my ROI started in year two after buying a rockwell and some blades.
Jan 26, 2010
127 posts
30 upvotes
I have the 6C and it's great. I bought it directly off from Rockwell about 6 months ago and didn't have any issues with my razor.

I have seen a number of reports with users who bought the 6S within this year from 3rd party vendors and have reported issues, with many of those people waiting for a replacement part(s) from Rockwell. Unfortunately, due to a disruption in Rockwell's supply chain, those people have noted that they may have to wait for some time until they receive their replacement part(s). Hopefully no one here will have any issue with their new 6S.

As for adjusting, I have not changed my plate after the first few shaves (to check and see which best works with my facial hair). I might change plates again if I were to try a new razor blade of a different brand, in between shaves.

I have bought items from Italian Barber, but haven't had any problems with them (yet). I'm tempted to place an order from topofthechain as they hold sample soaps from Stirling and some other popular soap brands.

My biggest problem of jumping into DE razors is the fact that I am always looking around for new shave soaps to try, even when I have not yet finished my current soap. I'm trying not to join the club of having a shelf full of unfinished soap. Confused Face
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2583 posts
306 upvotes
Winnipeg
Gr8irlbot wrote: If you want to go down a rabbit hole for DE shaving and creams, soaps, accessories, technical specs of various blades, etc:

https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/
I was on there for 10 years until I got banned for challenging the approved vendors...they don't like that as they are paid vendors and I wasn't a "contributor" member who paid them money.

Once I left, I stopped rotating soaps, brushes, A/S and blades and my shaves improved immensly. No more chasing the best shave, I had it all along. I can't believe how much money and time I wasted there.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1891 posts
1486 upvotes
BravoDeltaRomeo wrote: I was on there for 10 years until I got banned for challenging the approved vendors...they don't like that as they are paid vendors and I wasn't a "contributor" member who paid them money.

Once I left, I stopped rotating soaps, brushes, A/S and blades and my shaves improved immensly. No more chasing the best shave, I had it all along. I can't believe how much money and time I wasted there.
I'm a lurker there. I learn from the various posts. I stick to my rotation of razors of which I have 3 in active rotation (the 6S, the mamba and a chinese knock off that worked well for me). For shaving cream, I stick to Nivea for Men and Proraso (I mistakenly said Barbaso in the previous post, my bad) and Astra and Derby blades (both made by Gillette in different countries).

Not to say that I don't experiment from time to time and try something new, but most of the time, I end up donating the razor / blade / cream to a friend or relative to get them to experience something new.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12348 posts
2526 upvotes
Richmond Hill
How are safety razors really hundreds of dollars nowadays? As an Asian guy, I've always just stuck with cheap cartridge razors as I barely have any facial hair. I remember decades ago, my dad used to have a safety razor because it was more readily available and cheap. I had no idea safety razors are "luxury" products nowadays.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2583 posts
306 upvotes
Winnipeg
board123 wrote: How are safety razors really hundreds of dollars nowadays? As an Asian guy, I've always just stuck with cheap cartridge razors as I barely have any facial hair. I remember decades ago, my dad used to have a safety razor because it was more readily available and cheap. I had no idea safety razors are "luxury" products nowadays.
There are inexpensive safety razors, brushes and creams on the market.

My razor is fully machined stainless and cost me about $50 Canadian, even made in Canada.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12348 posts
2526 upvotes
Richmond Hill
BravoDeltaRomeo wrote: There are inexpensive safety razors, brushes and creams on the market.

My razor is fully machined stainless and cost me about $50 Canadian, even made in Canada.
I guess I have a totally different perspective on shaving costs. A single Schick Hydro 5 cartridge lasts about a year for me, and I combine that with a $2 can of Life Brand shaving gel that also lasts a year.
https://www.amazon.ca/Schick-Disposable ... 94&sr=8-10
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
1001 posts
557 upvotes
BravoDeltaRomeo wrote: There are inexpensive safety razors, brushes and creams on the market.

Would you mind sharing what you have? I am considering making the move to a different type of razor.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2583 posts
306 upvotes
Winnipeg
Rawket wrote: Would you mind sharing what you have? I am considering making the move to a different type of razor.
RazoRock Mamba (now it's called Mamba 53 for the blade gap). It's about $80 regular price but goes on flash sales and special event sales.

Or I use a vintage Gillette FatBoy on 3 or 4.

I switched to a single pass WTG shave years ago and don't waste time doing multiple passes.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7511 posts
3685 upvotes
Canuckland
If this comes with the travel case this is an awesome deal, definitely not for everyone
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7511 posts
3685 upvotes
Canuckland
BravoDeltaRomeo wrote: RazoRock Mamba (now it's called Mamba 53 for the blade gap). It's about $80 regular price but goes on flash sales and special event sales.

Or I use a vintage Gillette FatBoy on 3 or 4.

I switched to a single pass WTG shave years ago and don't waste time doing multiple passes.
Not one size fits all, mamba shaves like garbage compared to the Gamechanger .84

Fatboy is all name, slim is much better for a quarter of its price
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1891 posts
1486 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: Not one size fits all, mamba shaves like garbage compared to the Gamechanger .84

Cheap ($19 free one day prime shipping), but has a good feel for shaving angle, moderate gap and a balanced grip. Just watch that the blade is straight as you tighten the handle as there is a slight play on the posts and comes with 10 generic made in china blades:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07NWD ... =UTF8&th=1

Great all around blades that have a good post history in the past on RFD. They are on sale now at $4 off the original price of $17 and free prime ship over $25:
https://www.amazon.ca/Astra-Superior-Pr ... 315&sr=8-1

Great all around shaving cream with a good reputation. Made in Germany for under $3 with free prime shipping. One lasts should last 3 months of everyday shaving as you only need an almond size dollop to lather for a two pass shave:
https://www.amazon.ca/NIVEA-Protect-Moi ... 295&sr=8-4

For a total of about $45, you can shave almost everyday for 110 weeks (2years) or 6 cents a day and you still have the razor, so you just need more blades and cream going forward.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2010
1344 posts
1218 upvotes
Tag0 wrote: I have the 6C and it's great. I bought it directly off from Rockwell about 6 months ago and didn't have any issues with my razor.

My biggest problem of jumping into DE razors is the fact that I am always looking around for new shave soaps to try, even when I have not yet finished my current soap. I'm trying not to join the club of having a shelf full of unfinished soap. Confused Face
I use a DE Merkur 3-piece Classic, the first and only DE Safety razor I've ever owned. Can someone enlighten me as to the differences between the one I have and these more expensive models?

As to shaving creams, I've tried LOTS, from sticks to creams, cheap and expensive. Ultimately the one I have decided is the best for me is Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe Softening Shaving Cream, based on a recommendation in a similar thread to this one. It gives a nice smooth shave, foams very well and is very reasonably priced. I shave 3-4 times a week and always do at least two passes, and a tub of this lasts me about 6-8 months.
Beep\Bop\Boop
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1891 posts
1486 upvotes
Tapout123 wrote: I use a DE Merkur 3-piece Classic, the first and only DE Safety razor I've ever owned. Can someone enlighten me as to the differences between the one I have and these more expensive models?

None technically, if you have technique and practice. Each razor design has a geometry to hold the blade that gives you a particular "gap" between the blade and the safety guard, each one also has different types of guards and the amount of flex it puts on the blade to affect the overall shaving angle.

https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/wi ... tion_Guide

Then you pay for the brand name, the materials (POTS/ZAMAK, Stainless Steel, Aluminium, Titanium, etc) , the packaging and all the hype surrounding the brand.

The DE Merkur classic design is actually the base for the majority of the generic clones from China.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2010
1344 posts
1218 upvotes
Gr8irlbot wrote: None technically, if you have technique and practice. Each razor design has a geometry to hold the blade that gives you a particular "gap" between the blade and the safety guard, each one also has different types of guards and the amount of flex it puts on the blade to affect the overall shaving angle.

Then you pay for the brand name, the materials (POTS/ZAMAK, Stainless Steel, Aluminium, Titanium, etc) , the packaging and all the hype surrounding the brand.

The DE Merkur classic design is actually the base for the majority of the generic clones from China.
Thanks for the informative response. It sounds like it could be a rather expensive proposition to test out which make\model would be a better blade angle and flex for one's particular needs.
Beep\Bop\Boop
Dec 16, 2009
638 posts
762 upvotes
Waiting for this brand to be bought out, and re-sold under the label " Monster Razors ".
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2583 posts
306 upvotes
Winnipeg
DealCanuck wrote: Not one size fits all, mamba shaves like garbage compared to the Gamechanger .84

I know it's not one size fits all....he asked what I use, so I told him.

I paid $10 ea for all my mint FBs and the same for my Slims. I prefer the handle on the FB and get better shaves from the FB. I never paid more than $20 for a vintage razor but haven't looked or bought one in years.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1455 posts
459 upvotes
Halifax
I think I have a 6C, but the auction I bought it from described it as the 6S. It's decent for the $30 I spent. It's a pretty easy DE to use and with all the adjustments, pretty user friendly. This is way easier to use vs Merkur Futur, which is not user friendly at all. My best razor is also my most expensive, a Wolfman Razor, a razor you keep for life and pass down to your kids.