• Feb 17th, 2018 12:34 am
[OP]
Nov 26, 2003
575 posts
437 upvotes
GTA

[Amazon.ca] Roofing Nailer, Porter Cable - $128

Porter Cable Coil Roofing Nailer

Currently priced at $128, it’s cheaper than both amazon.com and homedepot.com.

It does have exclusively horrendous reviews on amazon.ca however amazon.com and homedepot.com reviews are fairly decent. Most positive reviewers say that if its loaded correctly (with undamaged coils > 1”) and oiled before each use it performs well.

It’s probably not the best choice for a professional roofer, but with a 3-year tool warranty, 1-year free service, and 90-day money back guarantee it might be a good buy for a weekend warrior.
P.s. It doesn't come with the quick connector. You might want to grab this also (currently $3.99) https://www.amazon.ca/BOSTITCH-BTFP7233 ... B00HXD2VV8
4 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3866 posts
2629 upvotes
Ontario
All the Canadian reviews says it jams none stop. If this is something you enjoy then buy away!
---
[OP]
Nov 26, 2003
575 posts
437 upvotes
GTA
kanechart wrote: All the Canadian reviews says it jams none stop. If this is something you enjoy then buy away!
The same nailer gets four stars on amazon.com. I wonder if people are forgetting to use air tool oil (it ships as tool only, no oil or air fitting), or are using damaged nail coils. Another possibility is using too little air—it needs a decent compressor capable of continuously delivering over 80psi.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3866 posts
2629 upvotes
Ontario
stang wrote: The same nailer gets four stars on amazon.com. I wonder if people are forgetting to use air tool oil (it ships as tool only, no oil or air fitting), or are using damaged nail coils. Another possibility is using too little air—it needs a decent compressor capable of continuously delivering over 80psi.
That is a really good point. I could also see them sending back and the seller sending the same one out each time lmao. You imagine lol.
---