Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Roomba i7+ with automatic dirt disposal - $961.22 (29%)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2019 11:00 am
[OP]
Oct 2, 2007
177 posts
61 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Roomba i7+ with automatic dirt disposal - $961.22 (29%)

Looks like an all time low and just $50 more than the i7. Still 1k for for a vacuum cleaner, you could almost buy 2x 960 for the price. Lowest price ever according to Mr. Camel.
Last edited by tempeste on Dec 4th, 2019 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
14 replies
Aug 24, 2015
393 posts
1241 upvotes
AB
For $960 I’d hope Roomba takes out my garbage to the curb as well
Aug 29, 2017
275 posts
307 upvotes
The automatic dirt disposal though is SO convenient. We have the vacuum run daily and only every 2-3 months do we need to worry about it & change the bag.
Nov 21, 2016
415 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
Any idea how this compares to a roborock s6? I ordered this during bfcm, but don't know if i7 would be better
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6203 posts
620 upvotes
Toronto
dgcan75 wrote: The automatic dirt disposal though is SO convenient. We have the vacuum run daily and only every 2-3 months do we need to worry about it & change the bag.
Do you need to sweep at all? Does it work well on carpet as well?
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3977 posts
708 upvotes
Windsor
jwslam wrote: But the bags are a special part that you have to buy at $20/3
https://store.irobot.com/default/parts- ... 40235.html
You can get knock off bags from China but honestly they last so long that it's barely worth it. I think we got 5 months from our first bag and we use it a lot! Much longer than I expected...

The rollers, brushes and filters on the other hand, do not last very long before they need to be changed...
Aug 29, 2017
275 posts
307 upvotes
G77 wrote: You can get knock off bags from China but honestly they last so long that it's barely worth it. I think we got 5 months from our first bag and we use it a lot! Much longer than I expected...

The rollers, brushes and filters on the other hand, do not last very long before they need to be changed...
My rollers, brushes, etc are holding up well - much better than my Xiaomi Mijia robo vacuum. The i7+ is expensive but it is a great vacuum & you do not worry about trying to get tech support or replacement parts like the issue was with my Chinese robovac.
Aug 16, 2007
46 posts
56 upvotes
Montreal
sacthegreat666 wrote: Any idea how this compares to a roborock s6? I ordered this during bfcm, but don't know if i7 would be better
I did the same, received the S6 yesterday, and very impressed with the first 2 runs... Laser mapping is spot on. The virtual Exclusion zones seem to work well also. Much more testing to go but for ~$300 less, it seems like a good deal so far.
😎
Nov 21, 2016
415 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
belmichel wrote: I did the same, received the S6 yesterday, and very impressed with the first 2 runs... Laser mapping is spot on. The virtual Exclusion zones seem to work well also. Much more testing to go but for ~$300 less, it seems like a good deal so far.
Oh wow! you already got it delivered? Mine says delivery date pending!!! No idea how long it will take.
I watched some reviews on youtube. They said roborock s6 is better in terms of navigation, time to clean up a room.
Roomba was good on carpet cleaning..
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1615 posts
355 upvotes
Vancouver
sacthegreat666 wrote: Any idea how this compares to a roborock s6? I ordered this during bfcm, but don't know if i7 would be better
Unless you really need to have the mop feature, the S4 would be better option for price.
Nov 7, 2019
12 posts
12 upvotes
why not just order the Shark IQ, it's bagless, should have better suction, pretty much the same feature for like 300$ vs 960 $

is there any reason ?
Dec 18, 2017
42 posts
11 upvotes
Just purchased the I7+ The Shark IQ is going back.

Had a 960 before which was great. Nice straight organized cleaning. The shark acts like it's drunk. Can't go straight for the life of it and room selection mostly works, but you can tell the navigation is far from a quality system.

Overall, I'd be surprised if the shark last more than a year since it feels so poorly built. The roomba should last many years just like my previous models.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
8144 posts
501 upvotes
After Tax:
iRobot i7 $1086
Shark IQ $314

I can buy 3 Sharks and put them in every floor for one i7. Sure the Shark sometimes doesn't swim in a straight line but it cleans every corner of the floor and I careless that it sometimes like to swim in a sine wave.

Sure the iRobot is "better", but I doubt it is $750+ better.
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500