Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Sabrent 512GB Rocket NVMe TLC $54.35 ATL (58% off from $129.99)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2023 4:06 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jun 29, 2010
135 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Sabrent 512GB Rocket NVMe TLC $54.35 ATL (58% off from $129.99)

Sabrent 512GB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive (SB-ROCKET-512)

it's a decent TLC NVME, with pretty high TBW for it's class. It's my first Sabrent storage drive, and planning it to put it in my nas as readonly cache so i can't comment too much on the research/feedback for using it as a daily system drive.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07KGM ... =UTF8&th=1

https://ca.***************.com/product/B07KGMBCKD
17 replies
Member
Mar 20, 2019
401 posts
860 upvotes
The 512gb and 1tb have the same initial price but different discounts, what a sham lol
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 30, 2006
6059 posts
1312 upvotes
Before anyone asks, no this doesn't work with a PS5. This is a gen 3 NVMe drive. This is the one I got for myself off a guy that sold stuff from storage units he bought. $100 for a 2TB, no warranty of course though. Has been ok for the last few months, drive health has been at 100%.
Newbie
Jun 1, 2022
15 posts
8 upvotes
Anfaax wrote: The 512gb and 1tb have the same initial price but different discounts, what a sham lol
Yup ridiculous. the gen4 version 1tb is cheaper than the gen4 500gb and gen3 1 tb.

https://a.co/d/b2GjqAZ
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
1026 posts
1123 upvotes
there are many reports of sabrent drives just dying 8 months in showing either 0gb or just the dram cache. just a heads up.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2824 posts
6187 upvotes
Vancouver
saudor wrote: there are many reports of sabrent drives just dying 8 months in showing either 0gb or just the dram cache. just a heads up.
thx, will skip
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 27, 2006
1412 posts
385 upvotes
I have 4 Sabrent Rocket in my esxi servers, rocking hard with several VM's 24/7 for 12 months+ each, one being 24 months +, no issues. Those Phison based drives are excellent from my experience. I know my experience is not a baseline, but just wanted to chime in on my reliable experience.
Member
User avatar
Dec 1, 2003
324 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
saudor wrote: there are many reports of sabrent drives just dying 8 months in showing either 0gb or just the dram cache. just a heads up.
I have about six 1TB sabrent gen 4 rockets hitting over the age of 19 months and 3 more over two years - that's a total 9 sabrent rockets non have failed me or cause any issues.

It has its own utility to do secure erase, acronis cloning and has been rock solid for me. Even the Sabrent 4 plus runs just as fast as my Samsung 980 pro and WD SN850 on my desktop client.

So far 9 of my Sabrent NVME gen 3 and 4's have been super solid for me in both server and regular desktop machines which have seen quite the abuse and usage.

I even have one in my Bell 6000 series PVR as an external drive which is constantly writing and erasing for the past 19 months+

Maybe I'm lucky or someone are unlucky dunno but for now I'd be highly recommending them based on my own experience
Member
Mar 5, 2018
246 posts
232 upvotes
Nice....uh... but what is the TBW and guarantee? Hard to find on that page.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4486 posts
1532 upvotes
AsymptoteHD wrote: Yup ridiculous. the gen4 version 1tb is cheaper than the gen4 500gb and gen3 1 tb.

https://a.co/d/b2GjqAZ
This one I do like, amazing for $110

Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen4 PCIe M.2 Internal SSD Extreme Performance Solid State Drive (SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-1TB)
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4486 posts
1532 upvotes
Canada_7 wrote: Before anyone asks, no this doesn't work with a PS5. This is a gen 3 NVMe drive. This is the one I got for myself off a guy that sold stuff from storage units he bought. $100 for a 2TB, no warranty of course though. Has been ok for the last few months, drive health has been at 100%.
Can you explain about the no warranty. I strong believe Sabrent is one of the TOP SSDs brands IN north America.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 8, 2009
12290 posts
6075 upvotes
EEE2 wrote: Can you explain about the no warranty. I strong believe Sabrent is one of the TOP SSDs brands IN north America.
No warranty probably because he bought it off ''a guy''
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 30, 2006
6059 posts
1312 upvotes
EEE2 wrote: Can you explain about the no warranty. I strong believe Sabrent is one of the TOP SSDs brands IN north America.
No warranty as I bought it off of another person. Not through like Amazon or another retailer. Like through Kijiji/FB Marketplace sort of thing.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 11, 2009
7664 posts
4367 upvotes
Debtario
saudor wrote: there are many reports of sabrent drives just dying 8 months in showing either 0gb or just the dram cache. just a heads up.
That's what I have read as well.

My Intel NUC came with one of these and it has been fine so far but I'm just one little data point.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 17, 2003
7741 posts
767 upvotes
Vancouver
saudor wrote: there are many reports of sabrent drives just dying 8 months in showing either 0gb or just the dram cache. just a heads up.
No issue w my gen 4 after more than a 1 year + , been solid to date and it has warranty , how about all those purchased w no report of issue?
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
1026 posts
1123 upvotes
silly wrote: I have about six 1TB sabrent gen 4 rockets hitting over the age of 19 months and 3 more over two years - that's a total 9 sabrent rockets non have failed me or cause any issues.

It has its own utility to do secure erase, acronis cloning and has been rock solid for me. Even the Sabrent 4 plus runs just as fast as my Samsung 980 pro and WD SN850 on my desktop client.

So far 9 of my Sabrent NVME gen 3 and 4's have been super solid for me in both server and regular desktop machines which have seen quite the abuse and usage.

I even have one in my Bell 6000 series PVR as an external drive which is constantly writing and erasing for the past 19 months+

Maybe I'm lucky or someone are unlucky dunno but for now I'd be highly recommending them based on my own experience
They did some switcharoos in the components with the gen3 so it's hard to say at this point so maybe your's is ok now. I don't see many reports on the gen4 variant so it applied more to the 3 (including mine, which i had to send back - it wasn't dead but it would cause odd freezing from time to time that went away with a switch to the WD SN850)

Other than that 0gb issue, this drive is one of the few mid tier SSDs that still have DRAM (although only half the usual amount at 512mb per TB of space) and not HMB like SN770 and 570.

In either case, it's absolutely essential to have backups regardless of the drive.

EDIT: just googled the 0gb sabrent issue, and it seems to also affect the gen4 too.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4486 posts
1532 upvotes
Canada_7 wrote: No warranty as I bought it off of another person. Not through like Amazon or another retailer. Like through Kijiji/FB Marketplace sort of thing.
Makes sense, but If you pay way less and last a certain xx dont really care if it breaks lol. Warranty cannot be transferred?

Top