Surrey

[Amazon.ca] SafeRest Premium Hypoallergenic Waterproof Mattress Protector

SafeRest Premium Hypoallergenic Waterproof Mattress Protector
Queen: 29.95
King: 34.95
Calfornia King: $34.95

Same price on Amazon US

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003PW ... YL5E&psc=1
Last edited by paaji on Feb 3rd, 2018 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2710 posts
1278 upvotes
Is this a good deal? I need a new one.. but several others came up for the same price while looking at this one
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3262 posts
3077 upvotes
Mordor
zzzz24 wrote: Is this a good deal? I need a new one.. but several others came up for the same price while looking at this one
they are all pretty much the same "sale prices"....regardless...they are still cheaper then Sears fake liquidation sale prices :)
i remember when my wife said we need one....let's get it when Sears had their 70% sale....and I was like...nah...it's still cheaper on amazon after Sears price hike then 70% sale
Apr 21, 2005
282 posts
144 upvotes
Drumbo
Thanks, bought one. My wife wants to buy one for $150 so we will see how this compares.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1507 posts
837 upvotes
Toronto
Sibze wrote: Thanks, bought one. My wife wants to buy one for $150 so we will see how this compares.
I bought one when I bought by bed years ago from Leon’s for $199.... In all honesty there isn’t much of a difference in quality of the product. They all do what there made for but prices vary on Brand and stores it’s being sold at.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2710 posts
1278 upvotes
Yeah, the problem with my current one is it moves around too much.. the corners have torn on a couple ends.. I think I bought it from Winners for $50 but it looks the same as this except this one looks to be more fitted on the bottom.

My mattress is pretty tall and I have trouble getting the fitted sheet to stay on it
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2722 posts
1390 upvotes
Surrey
Not to endorse or something. I bought one 6 years ago and still hoping strong. It doesn't slip or leaked. Bought another one so I can wash one and use other one.
Mar 6, 2012
151 posts
95 upvotes
Montreal
Bought one of those 4 years ago. Was pretty happy with the purshase, not too hot, no noise or feel like your are sleeping on plastic sheets. Last week, the interior started peeling off, I did a warranty claim and they replaced it no hassle.

Would definitely recommend.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1420 posts
1420 upvotes
GTA
Thanks op. Good for protecting my mattress when I wet my bed. I mean when my kids wet their beds...
Last edited by Slono on Feb 3rd, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 20, 2013
176 posts
68 upvotes
Ottawa
zzzz24 wrote: Yeah, the problem with my current one is it moves around too much.. the corners have torn on a couple ends.. I think I bought it from Winners for $50 but it looks the same as this except this one looks to be more fitted on the bottom.

My mattress is pretty tall and I have trouble getting the fitted sheet to stay on it
The bottom is sort of an elastic band and any excess you just tuck underneath. The website says it can stretch to a mattress that is 18 inches in depth, so it does have a bit more give then a regular fitted sheet. My mattress is about 13 inches in depth and it fits well without any movement. I bought this earlier this year, and after some research this seems to be the greatest value in terms of quality and price and rated pretty high. The 10 year warranty is great as well. At this price, I am tempted to buy another.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1519 posts
855 upvotes
Is this one truly waterproof and breathable? I bought a zippered encasement (completely covers the mattress from all sides) which is waterproof (thank god), but the mattress protector (which is like a fitted sheet) is NOT waterproof but lucky I have the encasement below it. The protector I bought is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Bambo ... ress+cover

I have 3 twins, 1 queen, 1 King size and NONE are waterproof as my kids have tested it many times. Lucky I have a waterproof encasement for all my mattresses. If this is waterproof AND breathable... then I want one too! It's actually quite difficult to find one that is both waterproof and breathable.. usually one excludes the other for many products... and the one I bought said both (at least at the time of purchasing)
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
2143 posts
2108 upvotes
Langley
ktkn wrote: Is this one truly waterproof and breathable? I bought a zippered encasement (completely covers the mattress from all sides) which is waterproof (thank god), but the mattress protector (which is like a fitted sheet) is NOT waterproof but lucky I have the encasement below it. The protector I bought is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Bambo ... ress+cover

I have 3 twins, 1 queen, 1 King size and NONE are waterproof as my kids have tested it many times. Lucky I have a waterproof encasement for all my mattresses. If this is waterproof AND breathable... then I want one too! It's actually quite difficult to find one that is both waterproof and breathable.. usually one excludes the other for many products... and the one I bought said both (at least at the time of purchasing)
I dont knw about breathable but it's water proof.
Top has rubber like layer underneath.
I have some coffee stains on it but not on the mattress. So yea.. coffee did not pass through the sheet.