Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

**SALE OVER** Ring Video Doorbell Wired – $59.99 - basic model - 2021 release

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2021 11:26 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2324 posts
1309 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] **SALE OVER** Ring Video Doorbell Wired – $59.99 - basic model - 2021 release

decent ring video door bell at $59.99, from reg price $79.99. no frills without a lot of compromising with higher models from reviews. takes only 10-15 minutes with replacing existing wired door bell. note: existing doorbell chime will not work with this model. may need to use add-on ring chime for under $40 or get an echo dot or shows that have been discounted too..

with the chime combo, decent $25 more ($84.99).. .. temporary out of stock for a while now, not sure when its back in stock. chime itself is a non-pro reg price $34
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08SSB ... 9EEQB&th=1

Chime box to hear notifications for your Ring cameras and doorbells.
Hear real-time notifications when your connected cameras and doorbells detect motion, or when someone rings your doorbell.
Easily set up by plugging into a standard outlet and connecting via wifi.
Choose from a variety of chime tones, adjust the volume to your ideal setting, and temporarily snooze alerts all from the Ring app.
Last edited by wakka2u on Oct 5th, 2021 5:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thread Summary
See how the Ring compares to others in RFD Reviews' roundup of the best doorbell cameras!
17 replies
Jul 17, 2010
336 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
This is great for people with Ring subscription. I found the Ring door bell is unless without subscription. Nest, on the other hand at least gives you 3 hours snapshot for free.

There are a lot of video doorbell options out there without the need of subscription at similar price point. I guess Ring is feeling the pressure from the competition which is great for consumers.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2704 posts
1593 upvotes
Toronto
With the chime, I assume its just like another speaker (so might as well just buy a echo dot when its on sale)? I assume the chime would only work if wifi/internet is working, whereas hardwired chime should work even with internet is down? Are there any chimes that one could install that work even if internet is down?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2324 posts
1309 upvotes
js321 wrote: This is great for people with Ring subscription. I found the Ring door bell is unless without subscription. Nest, on the other hand at least gives you 3 hours snapshot for free.

There are a lot of video doorbell options out there without the need of subscription at similar price point. I guess Ring is feeling the pressure from the competition which is great for consumers.
good point. one competing doorbell option is the wyze, same price. ideal for ... amazon-ca-wyze-video-doorbell-1080p-59-98-2493162/3/
form factor is almost same, and it also comes with the chime module (plug in).

This ring doorbell would be ideal for those already with the ring eco-system or subscription.
esq05 wrote: With the chime, I assume its just like another speaker (so might as well just buy a echo dot when its on sale)? I assume the chime would only work if wifi/internet is working, whereas hardwired chime should work even with internet is down? Are there any chimes that one could install that work even if internet is down?
chime may have more variety sounds maybe.. but for speaker purposes it does the same job using the dot or show, current dot sale under $28 (sale), in addition to the notification on your phone. https://www.amazon.ca/Echo-Dot-3rd-gen- ... ces&sr=1-1
Last edited by wakka2u on Oct 4th, 2021 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2010
1017 posts
786 upvotes
Canada
js321 wrote: This is great for people with Ring subscription. I found the Ring door bell is unless without subscription. Nest, on the other hand at least gives you 3 hours snapshot for free.

The feature of Ring I like most is the motion sensor recording. It records video a few seconds before the motion sensor is triggered.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2004
5302 posts
2996 upvotes
Durham Region
Big fan of this model, have one myself. Beats the battery versions in our climate and far better value than the Pro model. I use a couple of Echo Dots as my chime.
Jan 18, 2013
639 posts
259 upvotes
Calgary
This or the 2K Eufy one that seems to pop up here frequently (ignoring one is subscription and the other is local storage). I'm always flipping and flopping which one to get (I do have both a Eufy and Ring cam, so platform won't make a difference.)
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2324 posts
1309 upvotes
KarinKasia wrote: This or the 2K Eufy one that seems to pop up here frequently (ignoring one is subscription and the other is local storage). I'm always flipping and flopping which one to get (I do have both a Eufy and Ring cam, so platform won't make a difference.)
i thought about the eufy too, mainly the cams that are supported by echo dot and show too. Wondering is this an actual pic of the eufy doorbell size or does this hand model person has really small hands?? the eufy has 2K but it seems larger and is like $170 with the 60 coupon.

Banned
Oct 19, 2020
87 posts
130 upvotes
anyone have trouble wiring the doorbells? I never figured out how to wire mine... even though I've tried everything
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2324 posts
1309 upvotes
iceberg69420 wrote: anyone have trouble wiring the doorbells? I never figured out how to wire mine... even though I've tried everything
My experience with this model and the pro, after turning off power, wire the chime, and replace the doorbell, I had to wait like 10 to 20 minutes before the doorbell charges up after power is turned back on. Then the setup procedures start working its magic.

I think there is a certain power voltage minimum needed on the doorbell... for me installed on homes less than 25 years old. Took a little long for the set up to start up. Good luck..
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
iceberg69420 wrote: anyone have trouble wiring the doorbells? I never figured out how to wire mine... even though I've tried everything
What size transformer do you have?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2324 posts
1309 upvotes
back above $70 -- deal dead on Amazon and Best Buy.. Amazon may have been matching best buy.. lol
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2009
1541 posts
385 upvotes
I have this and it's losing its legs, it feels like it doesn't work a lot of the time. Kind of frustrating.
Banned
Oct 19, 2020
87 posts
130 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: What size transformer do you have?
There are sizes? LOL my house is pretty old. Do you think I have to replace the wires on the doorbell first?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
iceberg69420 wrote: There are sizes? LOL my house is pretty old. Do you think I have to replace the wires on the doorbell first?
A 24v/20va should work.
Is it easy for you to replace the wires?
Banned
Oct 19, 2020
87 posts
130 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: A 24v/20va should work.
Is it easy for you to replace the wires?
Unfortunately no :/. I really don't know maybe I'll try again and let it charge for a bit? Last time I tried everything and no luck. Does that metal bracket thing matter?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)