Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Samsung 128GB EVO Plus Class 10 Micro SDXC with Adapter (MB-MC128GA/AM) - 81.79

[OP]
Sep 19, 2004
661 posts
105 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Samsung 128GB EVO Plus Class 10 Micro SDXC with Adapter (MB-MC128GA/AM) - 81.79

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06Y3J9B29/ref ... 70_TE_item

Samsung 128GB EVO Plus Class 10 Micro SDXC with Adapter (MB-MC128GA/AM)

Key Specs
Maximum Read Speed100 megabytes per second
Memory Card Format microSDXC
Maximum Write Speed 90 megabytes per second
Warranty
Parts10 Years (1 Year for SD adapter)
Labor10 Years (1 Year for SD adapter)
Storage
Integrated Write-Protect SwitchNo
Compatibility
Adapter IncludedYes
Speed
SD Bus ModeUHS-I
UHS Speed ClassU3
SD Speed ClassClass 10
General
Series Part of a group of the same product type with similar features.EVO Plus
Color CategoryRed
Model NumberMB-MC128GA/AM

Kinda weird that there are no Canadian companies selling for near US pricing for this high speed card. U3
Last edited by bluespecv on Jul 18th, 2017 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9927 posts
1370 upvotes
Skip. Not sold by Amazon and the Costco SanDisk is so much cheaper if you can deal with the slower speeds. I doubt most people would even notice
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
16932 posts
8996 upvotes
Ottawa
Not sold by Amazon is automatic skip for me.

The Samsung cards can be pretty decent if you need decent speed at a reasonable price (certainly cheaper than Sandisk). I bought a Samsung Pro card SDXC card and it compares well to my Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS-1 U3 card but was half the price.
<insert sig>
Jan 28, 2008
104 posts
49 upvotes
Ontario
warpdrive wrote: Not sold by Amazon is automatic skip for me.
Why is that a skip? Just curious. Thanks
Mar 29, 2013
168 posts
88 upvotes
Oshawa
psommerfeld wrote: Why is that a skip? Just curious. Thanks
Because fake SD cards are often sold online from less than reputable sources, and you dont notice it's fake until it's too late. With amazon, you dont incur the risk of fake memory.
Mar 29, 2013
168 posts
88 upvotes
Oshawa
psommerfeld wrote: Why is that a skip? Just curious. Thanks
Because fake SD cards are often sold online from less than reputable sources, and you dont notice it's fake until it's too late. With amazon, you dont incur the risk of fake memory.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2010
1425 posts
343 upvotes
I have bought 2 of these from bestbuy and both of them failed. Samsung refused to replace them under warranty saying I must go back to the store for replacement. Do not buy this card for whatever price.
Once there was a real deal in front of me I did not cherish. Not until it went OOS did I learn to regret. There's no greater sorrow. If heavens would grant me another chance I would buy buy buy. If I must put down a quantity, I hope it is 10000
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6379 posts
4106 upvotes
Ottawa
carniver wrote: I have bought 2 of these from bestbuy and both of them failed. Samsung refused to replace them under warranty saying I must go back to the store for replacement. Do not buy this card for whatever price.
Samsung service is the worst except that they unlocked my s6e for free, I bought a samsung 64gb micro sd for $80 USD couple years ago from amazon.com, it failed, call Samsung the support said Amazon is not Samsung 's dealer, WTF, so I contact Amazon, the support first give me $30 credit, after heard Samsung can't replace my ad card, they let me send it to US, I paid $2 for the shipping though, when they received my card, immediately refunded me $80, so total $110 USD, the card right now only $20, good service Amazon.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1628 posts
1506 upvotes
Samsung SD cards are very often faked. I wouldn't touch these at all.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Jul 14, 2014
361 posts
172 upvotes
Oakville, ON
sonyHdr12 wrote: Samsung service is the worst except that they unlocked my s6e for free,
how did you manage that
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1646 posts
721 upvotes
London
It should be free to unlock any phone in Canada from your provider now.

As for this card, I have one but I paid about $50 around the holidays two years back. It's ok but my music does skip or have errors at (likely due to the random read/write speed being crap or it could just be my LG G3).
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8628 upvotes
GTHA
mumbles wrote: It should be free to unlock any phone in Canada from your provider now.
As of December 1, 2017, all individual and small business wireless service customers will have the right to have their cellphones and other mobile devices unlocked free of charge upon request.

from https://www.canada.ca/en/radio-televisi ... gfees.html