Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Samsung 32" 4K UHD 60Hz Curved Monitor (LU32R590CWNXZA) $447 Amazon.ca

[OP]
Oct 9, 2015
32 posts
90 upvotes
Brantford, ON

[Amazon.ca] Samsung 32" 4K UHD 60Hz Curved Monitor (LU32R590CWNXZA) $447 Amazon.ca

Was looking for a > 28" 4k brand name monitor.
This seems to deliver. About $200 off list/usual price.

Seems like you can order at least 1 or multiple if you have multiple Amazon accounts.

Also Best Buy $449
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sa ... y/13607695
9 replies
Jun 13, 2017
108 posts
74 upvotes
VESA Mountable - No
Brightness - 250cd
Energy star qualified - No
Panel type - VA

There's more

Matte/Glossy - Glossy
Color Gamut - 73% NTSC
Last edited by Joseph333999 on Jun 25th, 2020 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 1, 2017
719 posts
282 upvotes
Not that I could drive it, but I'd save up to get more hertz for games
Apr 2, 2009
132 posts
14 upvotes
Vancouver
No mention in specs of colour space coverage, sRGB or AdobeRGB?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2003
8973 posts
1317 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Joseph333999 wrote: VESA Mountable - No
Brightness - 250cd
Energy star qualified - No
Panel type - VA
Thanks. Wallet safe
Mar 1, 2012
829 posts
549 upvotes
Honestly at this price, VESA should be a default.
Jul 5, 2008
394 posts
127 upvotes
Anyone running a 1500R with a side monitor in a dual setup? I want to replace my main monitor but still need the side one and I figure the big curve will push it too far away from the main.
[OP]
Oct 9, 2015
32 posts
90 upvotes
Brantford, ON
Joseph333999 wrote: VESA Mountable - No
You may be wrong about the VESA details. Not sure about the rest.
Another source online says no vesa support. So YMMV I guess.

See the Q&A
Is this compatible with a vesa mounter? if yes, can you guys recommend me one from amazon?
Answer:yes, four holes, 100 x 100 mm pattern
By Amazon Customer on November 22, 2019
Yes its Vesa compatible monitor, you need to use adapter like this one: Gladiator Joe Samsung Monitor VESA Adapter Bracket – GJ0A0115-R2
By Sergiy Rudenko on February 23, 2020
can not mount at the wall. but this monitor is the best.
By Andy Ng on November 22, 2019
Jun 13, 2017
108 posts
74 upvotes
cripper wrote: You may be wrong about the VESA details. Not sure about the rest.

See the Q&A
Is this compatible with a vesa mounter? if yes, can you guys recommend me one from amazon?
Yes its Vesa compatible monitor, you need to use adapter like this one: Gladiator Joe Samsung Monitor VESA Adapter Bracket – GJ0A0115-R2
Few answers just below those questions on Amazon -

Question:Im on the fence about buying this monitor. does it have vesa screw holes? what inputs does it have?
Answer:Well Ive had it for 6 months or so now n love it!! You do have to have a really good video card to run it though.. It has 2 input ports.. 'display' n 'HDMI' ports n NO to vesa screw holes..
By Shalimara 22 on June 11, 2020
Hello and thanks for the question
This monitor has HDMI and Display port for inputs and it not wall mountable
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-SAMSUNG or via live chat on our website (www.samsung.com/ca/support).
By C.C. Samsung Canada MANUFACTURER on June 19, 2020
I'm glad you asked this question. I bought this monitor to vesa mount it but it does not have vesa screw holes, and there's no vesa mount adapter you can buy for it. Before I bought it I checked here and half the reviews said it did and half said it didn't so I convinced myself it was going to work. If I could attach a picture of the back of the monitor to this review I would - it would clearly show there's no possible method to vesa mount the monitor. It's a great monitor with a fabulous picture but you CAN NOT vesa mount it. :P see less
By Kirk Le Blanc on June 9, 2020
No VESA support. Audio output, HDMI and DP
By Amazon Customer on June 9, 2020
No screw holes for vesa. the height can’t be adjust.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13850 posts
5000 upvotes
Ottawa
cripper wrote: You may be wrong about the VESA details. Not sure about the rest.

See the Q&A
I don't consider this monitor VESA compatible if you have to buy a separate adapter to mount it. It will cost $50.
https://gladiatorjoe.com/shop/monitor-v ... 0a0115-r2/

Personally, I would not buy this monitor because the first thing I'd want is to mount it to a monitor arm. There are other monitors that actually have a VESA mount and you can mount them securely right out of the box
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.