Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Samsung NU7100 40" TV 4K60 @ 4:4:4 - $349.99 [Costco] - Others: Amazon, BestBuy, TheSource

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2019 10:38 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2189 posts
2897 upvotes
TORONTO
aviador wrote: Samsung NU7100 40" 4K UHD HDR LED Tizen Smart TV (UN40NU7100FXZC) $399.99 @ Best Buy
Model Number: UN40NU7100FXZC
Web Code: 12334062
User's feedback: 3.6 out of 5.0
SALE ends: May 20, 2019

Is this one the same model as the one being sold by Amazon Warehouse?
WOW, this is attractive. Brand new 399$, pulling the trigger now.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27158 posts
37133 upvotes
I am super tempted to buy this.

BestBuy Samsung NU7100 40" Open Box - $349.99

This will disappear soon enough.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Jan 4, 2006
606 posts
77 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: If you want an oversized TV to use as monitor that does everything HDR well, the Vizio P55-F1 55" TV on sale at Costco at $899 is a decent option. That is to say, be prepared to spend much more for stellar HDR.
Just a heads up, a lot of these 55" or smaller TV use slightly different panel than the 65" TV rtings test so they are not as good for monitor use as people think. They use some sort of pentile subpixel arrangements. Most people won't notice or even care but some people may be bothered. Here is a thread that discussed it.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/discussions/i ... sub-pixels
Feb 22, 2019
1 posts
Vancouver
What's the difference between this and the Amazon warehouse one? I'm tempted to cancel my Amazon warehouse one if this has a warranty ( I believe Amazon one doesn't)

Your input would be appreciated. thanks.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27158 posts
37133 upvotes
Orick wrote: Just a heads up, a lot of these 55" or smaller TV use slightly different panel than the 65" TV rtings test so they are not as good for monitor use as people think. They use some sort of pentile subpixel arrangements. Most people won't notice or even care but some people may be bothered. Here is a thread that discussed it.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/discussions/i ... sub-pixels
A little scary. It's a good thing the P55-F1 returns from Costco are painless

With that said, I can't recommend the P55-F1 as a monitor until this sub-pixel issue is clarified. As a TV, it remains excellent though.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
May 5, 2014
451 posts
270 upvotes
Toronto
Hank71 wrote: These are on sale at Costco for $439.99 to end of May. Can't beat the $29.99 for a 5 Year warranty. Even if you don't buy any additional warranty, Costco provides 2 year.

I have one and am impressed. It has thin bezels and thin profile. 200x200 VESA mount as well. Never thought to try it out as a 4K monitor but will try it. If it works, quite an affordable monitor.

20190506_201531.jpg
What are your thoughts on this as a monitor so far? Looking for a TV to play my Switch on and to use as a monitor to replace an older 40" Samsung I gave away.
Mar 14, 2011
384 posts
207 upvotes
GTA
I’m gonna get in some real shit for this purchase but I’ve been meaning to replace my aging 23 inch 1080 dual screens wanting one large canvas to work with putting games in windowed 1440p mode with room for social feeds. Not to mention the support for component and 3 HDMI ports for extra devices. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1119 posts
474 upvotes
I am closer to 45cm, never had a problem, running with a 2080ti my games run great with 4k. I know 144hz is ideal for games but I don't compete nor play online so I am good.
Last edited by Cybersid on May 19th, 2019 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
4967 posts
13387 upvotes
45° 36' 44.9964'' N …
2Riskit wrote: since this is from warehouse it most likely doesn't have any warranty from Samsung
hansdoreen wrote: Great point, so, how's the warranty situation for items like this from amazon warehouse?
since the bill of sale from Amazon will say USED there is not warranty from anyone it like buy AS-IS after Amazon 30 days return period
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4863 posts
3538 upvotes
Burnaby
lincoln wrote: [...]

40" is fine for a monitor, I've been using one for 2 years.

Side note, I have a 40" 7100 sitting beside my Philips 40" monitor. The colour reproduction is very good on the Samsung after calibration.

[...]
No DP, right?

Is the VA color shifting appreciable? [e.g., near the side edges, using the tv as monitor at say 45-60cm and having the tv centered in front of you at eye level]

rting charts show offcenter color shifting (wrt viewing angle).

Incompetent workers (and criminals) cover each other's "lower back"
Keywords: doxxers, moles, security breaches, cs*s,
Mar 1, 2011
452 posts
1126 upvotes
Fraser Valley
dioxide wrote: What are your thoughts on this as a monitor so far? Looking for a TV to play my Switch on and to use as a monitor to replace an older 40" Samsung I gave away.
Actually works great as a PC monitor...however...there is a point when a desktop monitor can be too large. I have an LG 34" UM88C 3440x1440 which I think is already huge. Its every bit as sharp as my LG. The 40" is monstrous and just too much real estate to look at. I'm going to stick with the LG as its more than meets my needs and fits on my desktop.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27158 posts
37133 upvotes
Hank71 wrote: Actually works great as a PC monitor...however...there is a point when a desktop monitor can be too large. I have an LG 34" UM88C 3440x1440 which I think is already huge. Its every bit as sharp as my LG. The 40" is monstrous and just too much real estate to look at. I'm going to stick with the LG as its more than meets my needs and fits on my desktop.
I appreciate this argument... until I realize I can split the NU7100 40" into (4x) 20" 1080p screens worth of real estate. At that point I'm sold on productivity alone.

Apps for that:
https://www.displayfusion.com
https://www.mediachance.com/free/multimon.htm
Jan 13, 2013
979 posts
1522 upvotes
Saguenay, QC
Hank71 wrote: Actually works great as a PC monitor...however...there is a point when a desktop monitor can be too large. I have an LG 34" UM88C 3440x1440 which I think is already huge. Its every bit as sharp as my LG. The 40" is monstrous and just too much real estate to look at. I'm going to stick with the LG as its more than meets my needs and fits on my desktop.
This.

I had a 34" ultrawide 3440x1440 for a year, then went with a 40" 4k monitor. I used it for a few months and went back to the ultrawide monitor. 40" is just too big for a monitor IMO. At least for the kind of work I do with my code editor + terminal + browser + other windows in the back. You won't realize at first but you have to move your head/eyes much more at this screen size. When using a monitor for more than 50 hours a week, it becomes something very important. I realized that I wasn't actually using the top part of the monitor because I had to look up every time. Meaning 40" was too big and ultrawide was the right choice. For me. YMMV
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27158 posts
37133 upvotes
orditeck wrote: This.

I had a 34" ultrawide 3440x1440 for a year, then went with a 40" 4k monitor. I used it for a few months and went back to the ultrawide monitor. 40" is just too big for a monitor IMO. At least for the kind of work I do with my code editor + terminal + browser + other windows in the back. You won't realize at first but you have to move your head/eyes much more at this screen size. When using a monitor for more than 50 hours a week, it becomes something very important. I realized that I wasn't actually using the top part of the monitor because I had to look up every time. Meaning 40" was too big and ultrawide was the right choice. For me. YMMV
Day traders, schedulers, excel people, and task organizing folks would humbly disagree.

Definitely a use-case specific kind of monitor, though.

I rocked 42" in 2015 and would happily go back.
Jan 13, 2013
979 posts
1522 upvotes
Saguenay, QC
redflagdealsguy wrote: Day traders, schedulers, excel people, and task organizing folks would humbly disagree.
The physical dimension of a 40" monitor versus how close you are in front of it requires more movements.

I agree that day traders are another category, but otherwise, I'd like to hear why you think those people would prefer a big monitor like this one.

In a typical work environment setup, where you're in front of a monitor for work, 40" requires lots of movement to use the extra space you have at the top of the monitor. My experience showed me that people with monitor > 32" that are not ultrawide tend to not use the extra top space of the monitor because of the neck movement it requires. Toolbars are at the top and so on, so using a browser at the top of your 40" monitor is not something people usually like. The browser stays at the middle of the screen. And eventually, every other windows. Sure at the top you could have some monitoring software that you don't check that often. But then, it becomes, as you say, very use-case specific.

In a gaming setup, without referring about this particular model because I didn't check the refresh rate, I guess that monitor over 32" would still be alright because the main action is at the center of the monitor.

I agree that it really depends on how you intend to use the monitor. With/without scaling, how far, ...
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27158 posts
37133 upvotes
orditeck wrote: The physical dimension of a 40" monitor versus how close you are in front of it requires more movements.

I agree that day traders are another category, but otherwise, I'd like to hear why you think those people would prefer a big monitor like this one.

In a typical work environment setup, where you're in front of a monitor for work, 40" requires lots of movement to use the extra space you have at the top of the monitor. My experience showed me that people with monitor > 32" that are not ultrawide tend to not use the extra top space of the monitor because of the neck movement it requires. Toolbars are at the top and so on, so using a browser at the top of your 40" monitor is not something people usually like. The browser stays at the middle of the screen. And eventually, every other windows. Sure at the top you could have some monitoring software that you don't check that often. But then, it becomes, as you say, very use-case specific.

In a gaming setup, without referring about this particular model because I didn't check the refresh rate, I guess that monitor over 32" would still be alright because the main action is at the center of the monitor.
Use case specific.

Expect eye movement, and if closer, expect neck movement.

To be able to recruit (4x) monitor work spaces in one large canvas is very attractive for many, including myself.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)