Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD Lowest $99.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2021 2:53 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Jun 13, 2017
65 posts
362 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD Lowest $99.99

Lowest price I've seen on Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD
Last edited by Mars2012 on Mar 5th, 2021 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link/nonRFD affiliate tag removed
24 replies
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 10, 2008
12729 posts
21969 upvotes
Is the $20 difference over the WD Black SN750 worth it ?
Newbie
Dec 28, 2018
42 posts
27 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I bought one of these on Ebay from Newegg.ca a few months ago for the same price. Price is still same as of today.
Member
Jan 17, 2017
200 posts
241 upvotes
Tons of the reviews on Amazon warm about fake Samsung products being shipped.

I never buy ram or memory from Amazon.
Jr. Member
Sep 8, 2010
167 posts
183 upvotes
Windsor
Dealsfordina wrote: Tons of the reviews on Amazon warm about fake Samsung products being shipped.

I never buy ram or memory from Amazon.
That dude literally got a piece of cardboard. Pretty sure that must have been a shipping/inventory error
Jr. Member
Dec 8, 2019
130 posts
189 upvotes
stephroll wrote: Is the $20 difference over the WD Black SN750 worth it ?
Most likely not for most users. The SN750 is already a really good drive. The 970 EVO Plus is slightly faster.
Last edited by kevinkuo on Mar 5th, 2021 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
Aug 19, 2013
829 posts
705 upvotes
TORONTO
StudYork wrote: That dude literally got a piece of cardboard. Pretty sure that must have been a shipping/inventory error
most likely not. One does not simply print a low quality image of a product and get it mixed up in shipping. The intention was to scam.
Sr. Member
Jul 23, 2006
520 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
if you put ssd in Thunderbolt 3 case, sn750 is first choice, it's easy to write 2300/s
Jr. Member
Dec 8, 2019
130 posts
189 upvotes
Dealsfordina wrote: I never buy ram or memory from Amazon.
Looks like it’s the same price everywhere right now - Newegg, BestBuy, CC, MemExp, etc. Lots of alternative places to buy from.
Member
Jun 30, 2009
325 posts
159 upvotes
Not sure if this matters, but a friend of mine found the SN750 ran too hot compared to the 970 Evo plus. I would be interested to know if anyone else had similar experiences?
Sr. Member
Jul 23, 2006
520 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
santafe wrote: Not sure if this matters, but a friend of mine found the SN750 ran too hot compared to the 970 Evo plus. I would be interested to know if anyone else had similar experiences?
sn750 is fast, so it is no surprise it is hot,
Member
Mar 2, 2006
446 posts
221 upvotes
Sn750 any good to throw in laptop? Heat issues? Got a lenovo e14
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 23, 2003
15193 posts
3537 upvotes
Toronto
Dealsfordina wrote: Tons of the reviews on Amazon warm about fake Samsung products being shipped.

I never buy ram or memory from Amazon.
If it is shipped and sold from Amazon you should be fine. If you have a warranty issue, you can contact Amazon and they take care of it. I had a problem with some ram that was sold by them after 8 months and it was defective. The company (Corsair) was telling me the warranty was US not Canada. I contacted Amazon and sent them the email from Corsair, they issued me a FULL refund with paid shipping. I then reordered a different brand and saved $$ as the memory prices dropped.
Last edited by hightech on Mar 5th, 2021 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
2778 posts
817 upvotes
Make sure you get a heatsink with it. I recently found mine was peaking at 85C!! Now it's down to 72C max.
Newbie
May 9, 2018
16 posts
32 upvotes
Ottawa
For those in Quebec, London Drugs has the same price, free shipping and only 5% tax.

$104.99 to your door
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
3418 posts
3021 upvotes
Toronto
shutterbug wrote: Make sure you get a heatsink with it. I recently found mine was peaking at 85C!! Now it's down to 72C max.
The 970 EVO PLUS should not need a heatsink if there is adequate airflow to keep it within the 0 - 70 ℃ operating temperature

"Samsung’s advanced nickel-coated controller and heat spreader on the 970 EVO Plus enable superior heat dissipation."
https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/m ... 70evoplus/
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2484 posts
551 upvotes
I have a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop with a 250gb nvme and would like to get a 500gb or 1tb drive. What would be the easiest way to copy my existing hard drive to the new one so that I can just swap them without having to reinstall everything?
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
3418 posts
3021 upvotes
Toronto
pswart wrote: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop with a 250gb nvme and would like to get a 500gb or 1tb drive. What would be the easiest way to copy my existing hard drive to the new one so that I can just swap them without having to reinstall everything?
Get a M.2 NVME SSD Enclosure.
https://www.amazon.ca/ORICO-Enclosure-E ... 08DCXB3CD/

Install the new SSD in to the enclosure
Use Macrium Reflect Free Edition to clone the ThinkPad SSD
Swap the SSD

Cloning a disk
It is possible to clone an entire hard drive or specific partitions on a hard drive. This is useful if you are upgrading to a larger hard drive. With Macrium Reflect you can boot the target disk on the same system after cloning. Cloning your hard drive creates a bootable new hard drive with the state of your computer at the time you undertook the clone.You can clone to a hard drive installed in your computer or to a hard drive installed in a USB hard-drive Caddy.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1030 posts
700 upvotes
Montr
stephroll wrote: Is the $20 difference over the WD Black SN750 worth it ?
Don't think so. 25% more expensive
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
2778 posts
817 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: The 970 EVO PLUS should not need a heatsink if there is adequate airflow to keep it within the 0 - 70 ℃ operating temperature

"Samsung’s advanced nickel-coated controller and heat spreader on the 970 EVO Plus enable superior heat dissipation."
https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/m ... 70evoplus/
I've got plenty airflow. Every fan slot is filled. 3 out, 2 in.

Top