433 posts
1240 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Samsung 980 1TB PCIe Gen3. X4 NVMe 1.4 SSD $118.98 ATL

Gen 3 DRAM-less using HMB technology
600TBW durability
up to 3500/3000 MB/s
5 year warranty

All time low, sold and ship by Amazon.
Buy now, think later. Think now, regret forever.
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, RFD Reviews has a list of the best SSDs for your devices!
12 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2003
2333 posts
113 upvotes
Montreal
110$ for those who have a memoryexpress near them.
May 23, 2008
806 posts
308 upvotes
Toronto
$90 for those with Amazon business and 30 off 100 code
Feb 6, 2019
296 posts
411 upvotes
Niagara Region
I have been using this SSD in my laptop for about a year. It's my second one to store all the free games thanks to RFD. Works perfectly and plenty fast enough for my use.

Great deal at this price!
Jan 10, 2006
638 posts
481 upvotes
Has the Samsung Canada warranty issue been resolved?

Some years ago there were complaints by Canadians about being unable to get warranty service for memory products. I think it was something like Samsung referring to the seller, while the seller referring to the manufacturer, leaving Canadians SOL, if I recall.
Feb 27, 2013
229 posts
399 upvotes
Québec
fizikz wrote: Has the Samsung Canada warranty issue been resolved?

Some years ago there were complaints by Canadians about being unable to get warranty service for memory products. I think it was something like Samsung referring to the seller, while the seller referring to the manufacturer, leaving Canadians SOL, if I recall.
Doubt it, Samsung warranty probably got worse.
I never managed to get warranty on my dead Samsung flash. They even threw the ball to their Korean branch who was like nope.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
6831 posts
3331 upvotes
Debtario
draggonfly wrote: Doubt it, Samsung warranty probably got worse.
I never managed to get warranty on my dead Samsung flash. They even threw the ball to their Korean branch who was like nope.
Same here, looking at a dead 850 EVO that is verified to be in warranty by Samsung yet I can't claim because Samsung says talk to your retailer, and Staples says talk to Samsung. around and around. TotalTS or Samsung US won't touch it because the serial is Canadian market, Samsung Korea says talk to Samsung Canada. Their warranty is just text on paper/online, nothing more.

Only way to RMA a Samsung drive is via return fraud, no joke.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
12006 posts
14438 upvotes
Toronto
fizikz wrote: Has the Samsung Canada warranty issue been resolved?

No, afaik

Has anyone dealt with Samsung Warranty for SSD? ***UPDATED***
Destiny is all
Jan 10, 2006
638 posts
481 upvotes
Thanks draggonfly, M1K3Z0R, Dhanushan for confirming. It's really unbelievable. Any attempts at getting provincial consumer protection involved?
Feb 27, 2013
229 posts
399 upvotes
Québec
fizikz wrote: Thanks draggonfly, M1K3Z0R, Dhanushan for confirming. It's really unbelievable. Any attempts at getting provincial consumer protection involved?
It doesn't work in my case as the consumer protection lies on the retailer.

In my case my retailer was ncix which went bankrupt.

My 64gb microSD card is still in my possession and still in warranty but warranty can't be claimed.

In fact, after that sour experience, I stopped buying Samsung mostly. This was after purchasing about 10 different Samsung products worth thousands of dollars including multiple screens/monitors and ssds.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)