Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Samsung EVO Select 128GB and 512GB U3, A2, V30 microSDXC cards - $15.99 or $52.99 (43% off, ATL)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2023 1:02 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15386 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider

[Amazon.ca] Samsung EVO Select 128GB and 512GB U3, A2, V30 microSDXC cards - $15.99 or $52.99 (43% off, ATL)

Amazon currently has a pretty hot deal, $15.99 for 128GB and $52.99 for 512GB, on the Samsung EVO Select 128GB and 512GB U3, A2, V30 microSDXC cards with max 130 MB/s read speeds and max 125 MB/s write speeds (obtaining these maximum speeds requires a USB 3.2 card reader). These both ship from and are sold by Amazon for free and easy returns if there are any issues.

These are both new all-time-low prices according to Keepa.

$15.99, 43% off - SAMSUNG EVO Select 128GB microSDXC card + Adapter, 130MB/s Full HD & 4K UHD, UHS-I, U3, A2, V30 (MB-ME128KA/AM)
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09B1J ... YIK6Y9EEQB

$52.99, 41% off - SAMSUNG EVO Select 512GB microSDXC card + Adapter, 130MB/s Full HD & 4K UHD, UHS-I, U3, A2, V30 (MB-ME512KA/AM)
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09B1H ... YIK6Y9EEQB

Being rated A2 with very fast read and write speeds and high read and write IOPS, these would be ideal for a Steam Deck or Nintendo Switch, Android or Apple tablet or phone and other devices where large storage, application load and smooth running are paramount. If you're looking for security cam, dash cam, action cam or drone use, I'd suggest a different and less performant high endurance card that fits those environments (such as these). Otherwise this is a great card for most large storage, fast access needs.

The Samsung EVO Select line has a 10 year warranty here in Canada.

51OqQduaOzL._AC_SL1001_[1].jpg
71WCsPPfakL._AC_SL1500_[1].jpg

--

As with all SD cards you buy, 3rd party or 1st, you should use H2testw to verify both the full capacity and read, write speeds of these cards once you receive them. If it passes these tests you did not receive a fake and, rarely if you do, you can return them easily and for free via Amazon as long as they are fulfilled by Amazon, of course (it tells you, depending on who you choose as seller). Also note that you can use the much faster FakeFlashTest tool to verify capacity as this writes and reads random sectors on the card from beginning to end. FakeFlashTest is not as thorough as H2testw, but it takes seconds to complete instead of hours and, in near all cases, catches fake cards just as well. H2testw is still the recommendation, but if you don't have a few hours, FakeFlashTest will do.

H2testw
https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Sy ... estw.shtml

FakeFlashTest
https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/detail ... htest.html

--

For a fast card reader there are multiple options available to you. A few examples are the following Lexar USB 3.2 dual slot reader (has both full size SD and microSD slots) that supports both UHS-I and UHS-II cards, with maximum UHS-I speeds up to 185 MB/s and UHS-II speeds up to 312 MB/s. Another option is a more portable USB 3.2 single slot reader (microSD only) that also supports both UHS-I and UHS-II cards, with around the same maximum UHS-I speeds of 185 MB/s. The Lexar card reader can often be found for $23-$35 on sale.
The Kingston card reader usually runs around $20 (ish).

Lexar Professional USB 3.2 Type-C Dual-Slot Reader, Supports SD and microSD UHS-II Cards, Up to 312MB/s Read (LRW470U-RNHNU)
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09R6J ... YIK6Y9EEQB

Kingston MobileLite Plus USB 3.2 microSDHC/SDXC UHS-II Card Reader (MLPM)
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B085P5FDXQ
Last edited by Elrondolio on Apr 1st, 2023 11:13 am, edited 7 times in total.
35 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4008 posts
8781 upvotes
Vancouver
Samsung warranty is irrelevant in canada as its extreme hazard to claim
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15386 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
danascully wrote: Samsung warranty is irrelevant in canada as its extreme hazard to claim
I've never had a warranty claim for a Samsung EVO card (mainly use SanDisk cards). What's your experience been like? I've had warranty work done on Samsung phones and tablets without much issue, but never their cards.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2011
1151 posts
1054 upvotes
Montreal / Laval
Samsung EVO Select vs EVO Plus?
There is no difference between the Samsung EVO Select and the Samsung EVO Plus — they are rebranded versions of the same SD Card, and Amazon has exclusive rights to the EVO Select name.
Source : https://www.windowscentral.com/whats-di ... d-evo-plus
-------------
Fido Cell + Data: Unlimited talk and text + 20GB - 25$
Public Mobile Cell + Data: Unlimited talk and text + 2GB - 17$
Videotron Internet : 400/50M cable - 50$
Jul 3, 2019
175 posts
1213 upvotes
In addition to verifying the memory card capacity and read/write speeds:

Samsung provides an official authentication tool which allows you to check if a Samsung memory card is genuine or not:

Samsung Memory Card & UFD Authentication Utility
https://semiconductor.samsung.com/consu ... ort/tools/

Once you are on the page, scroll down to the "Card & UFD Software" section to find the download link for the tool.
Nov 26, 2021
125 posts
167 upvotes
thx for sharing but Apple Tablet does not have microsd slot.
Elrondolio wrote: Being rated A2 with very fast read and write speeds and high read and write IOPS, these would be ideal for a Steam Deck or Nintendo Switch, Android or Apple tablet or phone and other devices where large storage, application load and smooth running are paramount. If you're looking for security cam, dash cam, action cam or drone use, I'd suggest a different and less performant high endurance card that fits those environments (such as these). Otherwise this is a great card for most large storage, fast access needs.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15386 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
LeePascal wrote: thx for sharing but Apple Tablet does not have microsd slot.
Yes, I appreciate that, thanks. We use our Apple tablets (and other non-Apple phones, tablets, laptops, etc) with USB-C card readers and various 512GB and 1TB microSDXC cards to store movies and video for playback, etc during extended camping, traveling and other trips... amoung other uses. There is a link to a fast USB-C dual-slot reader that is currently on good sale in the OP.
Aug 12, 2006
668 posts
302 upvotes
Markham
These are just apparently rebranded Evo plus. Bought an Evo plus the other day for the SD but this is 7 bucks cheaper >:(
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2021
1021 posts
2133 upvotes
LeePascal wrote: thx for sharing but Apple Tablet does not have microsd slot.
It’s not the perfect solution but the usb-C iPads can easily power and read usb sticks and sd cards through the usb-c readers.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
8556 posts
1056 upvotes
I just bought it for $60 and mistakenly an extra pack of Deck screen protector few days ago. Damn $19 down the drain.
a
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10576 posts
15687 upvotes
GT-EH
elty wrote: I just bought it for $60 and mistakenly an extra pack of Deck screen protector few days ago. Damn $19 down the drain.
Anything digital memory (NAND/FLASH) based are expected to get even cheaper going into Q2 and Q3, just buy what you need.
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Sep 6, 2011
666 posts
219 upvotes
Oakville
How does it compare to SanDisk endurance micro SD card? Is it good for dash cam?
Nov 27, 2003
37 posts
19 upvotes
Markham
Elrondolio wrote: I've never had a warranty claim for a Samsung EVO card (mainly use SanDisk cards). What's your experience been like? I've had warranty work done on Samsung phones and tablets without much issue, but never their cards.
Samsung doesn't handle customer warranties directly; instead, they rely on retailers to manage them. In my case, Amazon failed to fulfill this obligation when dealing with my USB stick's warranty.
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
11095 posts
6728 upvotes
Toronto
Ethanz wrote: How does it compare to SanDisk endurance micro SD card? Is it good for dash cam?
People frown upon these cards in dash cams, however
I have one of these, the older gen one of this and works fine 4+ years.
Apr 27, 2017
330 posts
491 upvotes
cyberjim wrote: Samsung doesn't handle customer warranties directly; instead, they rely on retailers to manage them. In my case, Amazon failed to fulfill this obligation when dealing with my USB stick's warranty.
This exactly. You save $20-30 with only the opportunity to return a card within Amazons return terms or else ensure you've tested the card or done all the risky formats.

I have this in my steam deck and you get this card because it's a recognized brand name with good value to performance. But I can tell you first hand, having sustained write speeds in the 40MB/s' sucks when a big game update comes along like Cyberpunk's 1.6 overhaul, and it takes literally an hour to update, and not while downloading at the same time. Can likely pick up a 512GB Silicon Power micro SD and have similar performance but with warranty support after.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6411 posts
2704 upvotes
Always impressed with your detailed posts, @Elrondolio! Grabbed the 128GB for a Eufy cam, not overly concerned that these aren't 'endurance' cards
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15386 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
game_fanatic wrote: Always impressed with your detailed posts, @Elrondolio! Grabbed the 128GB for a Eufy cam, not overly concerned that these aren't 'endurance' cards
Thank you, @game_fanatic. I appreciate your kind words. You don't necessarily require an endurance card, that's for sure... I have used normal SanDisks and other brands in security cams for many years without issue. It's better to use endurance or high endurance cards in extreme vibration and weather situations but longevity can be marginal, not full on necessary. All the best!
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2438 posts
1034 upvotes
Ethanz wrote: How does it compare to SanDisk endurance micro SD card? Is it good for dash cam?
I've been buying high endurance cards when they are almost the same price. With a larger size non-endurance, there's less rewrites on the card than a smaller size endurance card so I assume it's about the same. The select card is an Amazon exclusive, So im not worried about counterfeits.