Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

SAMSUNG EVO Select 128GB microSDXC Class 10 U3 (MB-ME128KA/AM) $19.99/ea Limit 2 (Reg: 27.99)

Jul 28, 2007
14 posts
2 upvotes
TheSlav wrote: Uhmmmm, why are people assuming these MicroSD cards are good for Dashcams?

You need a High Endurance version MicroSD as they re-write so many times that it will fail if you use other ones eventually.

EDIT 1: You need the Samsung PRO Endurance version for the Dashcams

So this kept happening to me when I saw that code first pop-up on RFD. I just tried it with two of these Samsung MicroSD cards and it worked surprisingly.

EDIT 2:
BTW, I just tried the code on this card by it self and it worked! This card is even better than the one posted in the thread and only costs $18.63 after the TRYPICKUP7 code is applied.

SanDisk 128GB High Endurance Video microSDXC Card
Looks like YMMV for TRYPICKUP7 code. It didn't work for me with the Sandisk High Endurance card
Oct 10, 2012
862 posts
275 upvotes
got one for steam deck. need a bigger one but i think this would work nicely also
PSN: SUPRSAYN
Dec 15, 2015
433 posts
407 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
82 wrote: What did you use it for? thanks
Used as a memory card for my Phone, bad luck.
"With great discounts comes great battle for self restraint"
Nov 22, 2018
66 posts
174 upvotes
Vancouver
Is this one good for drones? Just bought mavic mini 2 from Costco and need a SD card
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
4058 posts
1396 upvotes
Toronto
TheSlav wrote: Uhmmmm, why are people assuming these MicroSD cards are good for Dashcams?

You need a High Endurance version MicroSD as they re-write so many times that it will fail if you use other ones eventually.

So this kept happening to me when I saw that code first pop-up on RFD. I just tried it with two of these Samsung MicroSD cards and it worked surprisingly.

Thanks. And the High Endurance one isn't even that much more expensive.

The declared rating is the same for the two except that the original one is A2 as well.
My application would be for a Raspberry Pi, so A2 matters.
Unfortunately, people have found real performance doesn't correlate well with declared performance.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
3301 posts
478 upvotes
CALGARY
Hugh wrote: Thanks. And the High Endurance one isn't even that much more expensive.

The declared rating is the same for the two except that the original one is A2 as well.
Unfortunately, people have found real performance doesn't correlate well with declared performance.
High Endurance is cheaper , and much safer to buy, at BestBuy.
  • Zoomer : $45/7GB subscriber ($50 Ref + $150 welcome) + Pixel 4A
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11563 posts
2497 upvotes
thanks, that's the intended usage, did you try to claim warranty if it was failed within the warranty period?

Was your look like OP's link or the old one like this?

Those who are looking for the endurance card should spend a bit more for the Max Endurance, it uses pseudo-MLC configuration which should lasts many times longer than the regular Endurance with TLC NAND.
jhinkarlo wrote: Used as a memory card for my Phone, bad luck.
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). If you have cold symptoms, please wear a mask.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
5497 posts
3579 upvotes
Hugh wrote: Thanks. And the High Endurance one isn't even that much more expensive.

I ended up buying this SanDisk one which sells for $23.49 before the $7 off code for pickup:

From what I recall, SanDisk was always the better choice than any other brand.
Jan 11, 2011
72 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Is it worth it to buy 3 yr warranty for 4.99?

3-Year Data Recovery Plan Plan
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13925 posts
3084 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
hitman989 wrote: My dashcam says it only supports up to 32GB card. Will this 128GB work?
watugot wrote: If your dashcam only supports 32Gb then that means it only supports FAT32 filesystem so if you were to put in a 128GB it would only see 32GB
FYI, many modern partition managing software can format >32GB partitions as FAT32. The 32GB limit is a Windows formatting limit.

Minitool Partition (free) is a popular one:
https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-pa ... nager.html

Check your dashcam to see if there's an SDXC logo somewhere. If so, this card should work (up to 2TB).
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2286 posts
1139 upvotes
Ontario
Does this work with Wyze cameras?
Currently happy customer with Telus and Freedom Mobile
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4752 posts
1861 upvotes
Vancity
illki wrote: Is it worth it to buy 3 yr warranty for 4.99?

3-Year Data Recovery Plan Plan
I don't think so. Better to have backups than rely on their recovery attempt. Extra work to get your card back to them.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2353 posts
442 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
High Endurance 128gb came at $18.63 after trypickup7 code. Thanks
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2011
1711 posts
997 upvotes
SW Ontario

EDIT 2:
BTW, I just tried the code on this card by it self and it worked! This card is even better than the one posted in the thread and only costs $18.63 after the TRYPICKUP7 code is applied.

Still a no go with either card. I imagine if I called they might apply it, but man that's a lot of extra time and work for 7 bucks.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2286 posts
1139 upvotes
Ontario
TheSlav wrote: The MicroSD cards or the discount lol?
Not sure why the confusion, what does the discount have to do with Wyze cameras?!
Currently happy customer with Telus and Freedom Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
5497 posts
3579 upvotes
Headbeancounter wrote: Not sure why the confusion, what does the discount have to do with Wyze cameras?!
The “pick-up” discount code that’s available for Amazon. In regards to if the MicroSD cards work for the camera, yes they do. But, again, since it’s a device that re-writes onto the memory card so many times, it’s best to get high endurance ones.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)