Samsung the Frame 4K UHD TV 55” $1598 new ccc low

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2021 7:44 pm
[OP]
Feb 23, 2010
238 posts
187 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Samsung the Frame 4K UHD TV 55” $1598 new ccc low

Was bummed to miss the Costco sale for the Frame but Costco has the 50” and 43” back in stock.

I noticed amazon and Best Buy both have the same sale prices.

55” for 1598 is a new low according to camel camel camel. (About 20% off. Other sizes are also on sale but about 15% off)

The Best Buy sale ends august 19 but they charge an environmental fee that Amazon didn’t charge. (https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sa ... 1/15337620)

32” $698 (reg $798)
43” $1,198 (reg $1398)
50” $1,398 (reg $1598)
55” $1,598 (reg $1998)
65” $2,298 (reg $2,698)
75” $3,299 at Best Buy (reg $3999) - not on sale on amazon

I guess these TVs are relatively expensive but they don’t have a real alternative yet are rarely on sale and this is a new low if you’ve been watching the price.
21 replies
Nov 25, 2008
44 posts
4 upvotes
The sale looks to be still going until September 2nd for the 55", and if you buy from Samsung.com/ca, you can get an additional 5% off using Rakuten (cash back). That would put the deal at about $1520 for the 55".

I'm tempted to pull the trigger, but still wishing for better TV performance from The Frame and wondering if I can handle holding out for the 2022 model when there's no guarantees that it will be much better.

*Edited to clarify sale only still going for the 55"
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2335 posts
702 upvotes
Dills wrote: The sale looks to be still going until September 2nd for the 55", and if you buy from Samsung.com/ca, you can get an additional 5% off using Rakuten (cash back). That would put the deal at about $1520 for the 55".

I'm tempted to pull the trigger, but still wishing for better TV performance from The Frame and wondering if I can handle holding out for the 2022 model when there's no guarantees that it will be much better.

*Edited to clarify sale only still going for the 55"
I think at this point I need to see what happens with 2022 model as well.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2002
1266 posts
351 upvotes
Oakville
The problem with these models is that the cable that connects to the one connect box isnt wall rated. I suppose you can install a niche in the wall (like in showers) to put the one connect box in, and then use a cable that's rated to behind the drywall, but not sure why Samsung didnt just think of this in the first place.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6413 upvotes
Prices are similar to the Neo Qled models, if the form factor is not one of your main considerations, I would suggest buying the QN90A or QN85A instead. Seeing these new models IRL vs the Frame, it's hard to see why anyone would want the frame outside of aesthetic reasons. The new Neo Qleds are just that good.
Jan 19, 2017
790 posts
870 upvotes
Kitchener
KennyX wrote: The problem with these models is that the cable that connects to the one connect box isnt wall rated. I suppose you can install a niche in the wall (like in showers) to put the one connect box in, and then use a cable that's rated to behind the drywall, but not sure why Samsung didnt just think of this in the first place.
Likely because they sell world wide, and fire codes vary all over the place. Puts that responsibility in the customers hands, not in their own.
Jan 19, 2017
790 posts
870 upvotes
Kitchener
kimwoobingsu wrote: Prices are similar to the Neo Qled models, if the form factor is not one of your main considerations, I would suggest buying the QN90A or QN85A instead. Seeing these new models IRL vs the Frame, it's hard to see why anyone would want the frame outside of aesthetic reasons. The new Neo Qleds are just that good.
Aesthetics are the ONLY reason people buy these. This discussion happens on EVERY frame post. There are far better TVs available at this price point certainly, but none do what this TV can do aesthetically.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5410 posts
5473 upvotes
The frame tvs look amazing when done right. No TV comes close to the aesthetic appeal. My sister has one and it totally looks like a hanging painting.

I personally buy tvs based on features and specs so the frame isn't for me, but it is an amazing product.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1321 posts
1957 upvotes
Does the 55" and up come with the eazel stand or is that separate?
Nov 25, 2008
44 posts
4 upvotes
Harold91 wrote: Does the 55" and up come with the eazel stand or is that separate?
The easel stand is separate and costs $500 Flushed Face. I have a friend who is selling theirs for $300 though if you’re interested (and I’m the Greater Vancouver area or want to have shipped).
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12189 posts
6025 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: The frame tvs look amazing when done right. No TV comes close to the aesthetic appeal. My sister has one and it totally looks like a hanging painting.

I personally buy tvs based on features and specs so the frame isn't for me, but it is an amazing product.
I agree with this. I hang my tv on the wall anyways so if it sticks out an extra 2 inches it really dont matter.

this tv does look good But having more inches with better features is what i prefer.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Nov 25, 2008
44 posts
4 upvotes
olav61 wrote: Samsung USA does have a wall-rated cable available, UL approved for US and Canada. Not currently available, for whatever reason.

5m One Connect In-Wall Cable for QLED & Frame TVs (2019)
Hmm… Looks like there are some design issues with this. Mot to mention it is expensive.

Like another posted suggested, it might make the most sense to hide the one connect box in a large electrical box in the wall behind the TV like this: https://www.tvinstallationservice.ca/ho ... nnect-box/
Images
  • 3EEE8481-B238-4913-A6BD-2CB8611D8C8D.jpeg
Mar 7, 2011
45 posts
31 upvotes
Does anyone have (or know where I can find) the measurements to the pieces required for the wall mount. Ie - in the example above, are the brackets toward the top or bottom of the Tv? Will the box stick out from under the TV? L
Nov 25, 2008
44 posts
4 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: Prices are similar to the Neo Qled models, if the form factor is not one of your main considerations, I would suggest buying the QN90A or QN85A instead. Seeing these new models IRL vs the Frame, it's hard to see why anyone would want the frame outside of aesthetic reasons. The new Neo Qleds are just that good.
My ideal setup would be to have a modest sized The Frame TV to display artwork and avoid making it look like my living room is focused around TV watching, and then to have a UST projector with a retractable 120" screen for serious movie watching and game playing.

Unfortunately, as you've noted, The Frame is a sub-par TV. Also, there aren't yet any lower-priced UST projectors with a low input lag suitable for gaming.

If next year's the frame would just get some of the features the current similar priced Samsung TVs have, such as local dimming, then I would be happy with it.
Nov 25, 2008
44 posts
4 upvotes
miss.travelista wrote: Does anyone have (or know where I can find) the measurements to the pieces required for the wall mount. Ie - in the example above, are the brackets toward the top or bottom of the Tv? Will the box stick out from under the TV? L
In the example I shared, they are using an 18"x14" box in combination with a 55" Samsung The Frame TV with the box mounted in "portrait" orientation. With the 18" box height, it looks like the 55" Frame covers it, but not by much. So basically, no problem with 55" or greater. They say that you can use the 18"x14" box with 43" and larger The Frame TVs, so my guess is that with the smaller models you would need to mount the box higher up to where they are partially covered by the wall brackers (or if you have 24" spaced studs you could mount the electrical box in "landscape" to gain an extra 4" of clearance.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 1.23.39 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 1.23.52 PM.png
Mar 7, 2011
45 posts
31 upvotes
Dills wrote: In the example I shared, they are using an 18"x14" box in combination with a 55" Samsung The Frame TV with the box mounted in "portrait" orientation. With the 18" box height, it looks like the 55" Frame covers it, but not by much. So basically, no problem with 55" or greater. They say that you can use the 18"x14" box with 43" and larger The Frame TVs, so my guess is that with the smaller models you would need to mount the box higher up to where they are partially covered by the wall brackers (or if you have 24" spaced studs you could mount the electrical box in "landscape" to gain an extra 4" of clearance.
Thank you, that's incredibly helpful!
Mar 27, 2016
451 posts
406 upvotes
Vancouver
Be careful buying TVs from Amazon. Bought a Sony 65" TV and it came with the screen severely damaged. They didn't even offer pickup for the refund. Hauled it to UPS to ship back. Never again.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1892 posts
3541 upvotes
Can get the same one at Visions for the same price PLUS get a 2nd year warranty free.

Visions
$52 25GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan - Includes Apple Watch LTE @ NO CHARGE!
BYE BYE ROGERS!
$21.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.
Dec 15, 2017
203 posts
222 upvotes
Nanaimo
Thanks OP. Parents were looking for the 55" so I think they will jump on the one at Best Buy.

Any recommendations for a wall mount for these? Last ones I had to buy for myself were 10 years ago through Monoprice in the US...not sure that's the best route anymore.
I love the smell of savings in the morning...(PT).