Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Samsung Frame 65 inch $1999

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2022 11:47 am
Feb 20, 2018
101 posts
416 upvotes
i have the 55 inch 2021 version and i like it. i wish i can still return mine and exchange it to 65 inch in costco but my return period is done. The best thing about this tv is the one connect box. no more reaching out on the back of the tv and tangled hdmi cord. No more bulky wall mounts cause this one just sits flushed on the wall. One connect box and the one invisible connection cable should be standard on all tv's.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5716 posts
1949 upvotes
Toronto
def47 wrote: I wanted that look, but there's so many complaints, I'm giving up.

I'll go for a super slim neoQLed QN65QN90A, it will still look slick.
No complaints here. No idea what that guy is talking about. Not too much glare. Use a conduit through your wall if you’re afraid of Fire hazards, or pony up for the cable. The one connect cable is not difficult to fish through the wall. Super straightforward to get your own pictures on the frame tv with the app. Easy to mount with guides. My Apple TV remote works fine to put it into art mode.

It’s not the best picture for the money, but then again, if you’re buying a TV for the picture you’re not buying this TV.
Last edited by milhaus on Jan 1st, 2022 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 1, 2016
67 posts
39 upvotes
Pickering, ON
mchoochoo wrote: Anyone else manage to solve the problem? I've googled it for hours, and no one seems to to be talking about this problem!!
What year? I have a Shield and a 2021 Frame but not connected atm, but could try if you want.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2002
1478 posts
847 upvotes
brucedlx wrote: I will give an honest review on this TV. I bought this thing last year along with the frame and despite every effort I made to love it, I hated it and had to return it, even though it was on sale and they threw in a free 32" frame to boot. Here is why:

- In bright settings, this TV Glares like a Mo***Fu***r, might pass for artwork if you believe the glass on a real frame would basically act like a mirror.
- In Dark settings, this thing has a massive backlight, it lights up the entire room, so it's obviously a screen. The "turn off when no motion detected feature" is glitchy at best. Many times I would notice its still on hours after everyone left the room (confirmed no motion by home security system which has motion detectors)
- It's a huge pain in the ass to get your own photos on this thing. They should have just let you put a USB or SD card in and load pics but that's not how this works. You can only load pics through their trash app (check app store reviews if you don't believe). The pics have to be a certain aspect ratio or you will get black bars on the sides (forget about using snaps from your phone etc, I had to open pics I wanted on photoshop to crop them to the right size). The app is glitchy and sometimes won't find your TV, sometimes even when it finds it, uploading ur pics through said app on the TV is slow and crashes, big pain in the rear. I do believe this is by design because every step of the way, they try and push a paid monthly subscription down your throat for access to samsungs art gallery for your frame.
- It was mentioned before but the default black frame is FUGLY and the replacement frames are marked up to a point that would even make crack dealers blush. It's the flimsiest plastic in the world and it costs 250$. Return shipping was a pain, bought off amazon and threw box away (like I said I really tried to like this thing) had to macgyver a box out of multiple boxes to return.

Let me say that even with all these flaws, if this were the ONLY thing that was wrong I MIGHT have still kept it however the #1 deal breaker that IMO makes this thing completely useless is this:

- It's not possible to mount this thing to a wall and hide the cables or at least not efficiently. Samsung in all their wisdom, did not make the One Connect proprietary cable for the box rated for in wall use, so you CAN NOT fishhook it behind drywall, I mean you COULD, but if it overheats and causes fire your insurance will not pay (I was told this by a samsung rep at best buy). I even hired the geek squad to come in and maybe figure out a way to mount the thing, but they could not and I had to refund that as well. There IS a fire rated cable but it costs over $100 and it was not in stock anywhere (WHY DID THEY NOT MAKE THIS INCLUDED BY DEFAULT??!?). The only other solution is to cut a massive chunk out of ur drywall, big enough to fit the one connect box, then buy a plastic insert to put it in, then mount ur TV in front of the whole thing to hide it. The plastic insert was also impossible to find and I was not willing to cut a huge chunk of drywall out for this TV, the studs were not in a good place to make this possible anyways, the TV would have to be mounted off centre.

I really don't see ANY point to this TV for anybody. I hope this review can save someone the headaches that I had to go through.
I’ve had 2 people ask me about the new art on my wall. For me, the TV has achieved its purpose. A lot of the stuff you pointed out I already knew going into it and was ok with so I suppose it’s a matter of expectations.
Oct 24, 2005
921 posts
181 upvotes
coolibop wrote: What year? I have a Shield and a 2021 Frame but not connected atm, but could try if you want.
Hi... it's a 2020 Frame and 2019 Shield. Thanks to previous comments, I have tried turning off CEC and turning on IR... and now it works SLIGHTLY better. Now, if I point Shield remote DIRECTLY at the Frame while it's on and press the power button, it send an IR command that will put the Frame in ART MODE (just like the Samsung remote). It also simultaneously sends the SLEEP command to the Shield via RF.

But the problem is... my wife and kids have to be pointing it DIRECTLY at the Frame when turning it off, otherwise it just sends the SLEEP command to the Shield (and the Frame receives NO COMMAND at all), and so the Frame remains "on" with a blank black screen.

This is because... the Samsung Remote power button sends a RF signal to the OneConnect Box vs. the Shield remote power button sending an IR signal to the Frame (line of sight).

So then, it's really easy for things to get out of sync, and for wife/kids to get confused.
May 23, 2007
85 posts
87 upvotes
Vancouver
looking forward to what the pricing and availability is for 65 in 2022 model with the matted screen, or do you guys think the 2021 will not be a huge difference?

Planning to get one for living room reno
Jun 28, 2011
352 posts
637 upvotes
giCe wrote: looking forward to what the pricing and availability is for 65 in 2022 model with the matted screen, or do you guys think the 2021 will not be a huge difference?

Planning to get one for living room reno
Added with upgraded remote that is now capable of wi-fi charging : :facepalm:
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2767 posts
2026 upvotes
Mississauga
could get this at costco $2000 - $250 gc + warranty is a better deal
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
May 8, 2012
414 posts
139 upvotes
Ottawa
FYI - early review of the 2022 version state that it is much, much better and looks a lot closer to a piece of art (no glare, etc.).
May 19, 2011
82 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
brucedlx wrote: I will give an honest review on this TV. I bought this thing last year along with the frame and despite every effort I made to love it, I hated it and had to return it, even though it was on sale and they threw in a free 32" frame to boot. Here is why:

- In bright settings, this TV Glares like a Mo***Fu***r, might pass for artwork if you believe the glass on a real frame would basically act like a mirror.
- In Dark settings, this thing has a massive backlight, it lights up the entire room, so it's obviously a screen. The "turn off when no motion detected feature" is glitchy at best. Many times I would notice its still on hours after everyone left the room (confirmed no motion by home security system which has motion detectors)
- It's a huge pain in the ass to get your own photos on this thing. They should have just let you put a USB or SD card in and load pics but that's not how this works. You can only load pics through their trash app (check app store reviews if you don't believe). The pics have to be a certain aspect ratio or you will get black bars on the sides (forget about using snaps from your phone etc, I had to open pics I wanted on photoshop to crop them to the right size). The app is glitchy and sometimes won't find your TV, sometimes even when it finds it, uploading ur pics through said app on the TV is slow and crashes, big pain in the rear. I do believe this is by design because every step of the way, they try and push a paid monthly subscription down your throat for access to samsungs art gallery for your frame.
- It was mentioned before but the default black frame is FUGLY and the replacement frames are marked up to a point that would even make crack dealers blush. It's the flimsiest plastic in the world and it costs 250$. Return shipping was a pain, bought off amazon and threw box away (like I said I really tried to like this thing) had to macgyver a box out of multiple boxes to return.

Let me say that even with all these flaws, if this were the ONLY thing that was wrong I MIGHT have still kept it however the #1 deal breaker that IMO makes this thing completely useless is this:

- It's not possible to mount this thing to a wall and hide the cables or at least not efficiently. Samsung in all their wisdom, did not make the One Connect proprietary cable for the box rated for in wall use, so you CAN NOT fishhook it behind drywall, I mean you COULD, but if it overheats and causes fire your insurance will not pay (I was told this by a samsung rep at best buy). I even hired the geek squad to come in and maybe figure out a way to mount the thing, but they could not and I had to refund that as well. There IS a fire rated cable but it costs over $100 and it was not in stock anywhere (WHY DID THEY NOT MAKE THIS INCLUDED BY DEFAULT??!?). The only other solution is to cut a massive chunk out of ur drywall, big enough to fit the one connect box, then buy a plastic insert to put it in, then mount ur TV in front of the whole thing to hide it. The plastic insert was also impossible to find and I was not willing to cut a huge chunk of drywall out for this TV, the studs were not in a good place to make this possible anyways, the TV would have to be mounted off centre.

I really don't see ANY point to this TV for anybody. I hope this review can save someone the headaches that I had to go through.
Wanted to +1 this. I also own a frame, and agree with all of the above. I don’t regret buying it, because extreme WAF. The C1 is in the basement, the frame is in the living room. But the design is just effing stupid.

1. The wall mount. My god. If you have anything but perfect stud spacing which miraculously lines up where you need it, you will have problems. It’s not a normal mount. When you have problems, message me maybe I can help, but short answer is buy some hardcore drill bits and make your own holes in the mount to make it work.
2. Yes it glows. When it’s a sunny day it can look like a picture. Otherwise it’s a tv. Especially at night.
3. The software is trash. 100% trash. It’s a classic Samsung product: good hardware, trash software.
4. Even if you buy the $250 in wall cable then you’ll have problems because it won’t sit flush. So you either run the non in wall cable in the wall (not a good idea), or make a massive hole in the wall behind your tv to stuff the one connect box into and pull power into. OR just accept the cable running down the wall, further reducing the frame illusion.

So in short, it’s so close, but dumb decisions made it so far. Tragic. Again though, I’d buy it again with all the flaws, since I want a WAF “frame” tv in my living room and this is the best on the market so far, flaws and all. If WAF isn’t a concern in your household, steer clear.
Last edited by AngryBear on Jan 13th, 2022 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1930 posts
662 upvotes
manu117 wrote: FYI - early review of the 2022 version state that it is much, much better and looks a lot closer to a piece of art (no glare, etc.).
I guess I will wait for the 2022. Comes out in june ?
Or should I get the LG C1 since it's in sale now?
May 23, 2007
85 posts
87 upvotes
Vancouver
jon604 wrote: I guess I will wait for the 2022. Comes out in june ?
Depends on your use case. form vs function.
For where i'm thinking of putting the tv it's form > function

if I was hooking it up to a gaming rig / tv area I probably lean towards the C1
May 19, 2011
82 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
jon604 wrote: I guess I will wait for the 2022. Comes out in june ?
Totally different use case. Frame is very expensive for the quality of the tv (mid range qled) - you are paying more for the frame form factor. C1 is the tv if you prioritize picture quality etc.
Dec 4, 2007
243 posts
235 upvotes
Toronto, ON
milhaus wrote: Anybody know how to get a deal on the frames? Looking for a white or brown bezel to replace the white.
For those who were asking about deals on the overpriced Bezels, I recently found them for cheap on Amazon.com Warehouse deals (it was marked Like New but basically unopened). Ordered and shipped it back to Canada through Shippsy. After taxes and Shippy's charge it came out to be about $50 USD all in. I have a 2020 model so the bezels were getting hard to find, even at regular price.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1930 posts
662 upvotes
MahlerMusic wrote: Seems crazy for close to twice the price over the C1... still want one for the Bedroom wall.

or a rollable at the foot of my bed.

I do love how Tv's can now blend in like art.
I thought OLED are prone to burn in if you display as art?

You are complaining about it being twice the price of a c1, how about 50x the price for the rolling one. It's on sale for 90 canadian now.
https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2 ... lease-date
Oct 24, 2019
572 posts
868 upvotes
100% correct. More saying the rollable is art/blends in when it is down.

The price I paid for my C1 "65 is the max I'm willing to pay for a TV... but one can dream.

I'm just impressed with The Frame. I'm Old and use to large CRT's back in the day where a fraction of your living room was wasted on a TV.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)