Amazon.ca

Samsung Frame 65 inch $1999

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2022 11:47 am
Jul 18, 2015
193 posts
158 upvotes
Mascouche, QC
MahlerMusic wrote: 100% correct. More saying the rollable is art/blends in when it is down.

The price I paid for my C1 "65 is the max I'm willing to pay for a TV... but one can dream.

I'm just impressed with The Frame. I'm Old and use to large CRT's back in the day where a fraction of your living room was wasted on a TV.
It is still a fraction of the living room but more like 1/24 VS 1/5 when the tv's were part of a wooden furniture ! Winking Face
I remember having that when I was a little kid ! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Aug 31, 2009
789 posts
558 upvotes
Toronto
IMG_20220113_104830.jpg

I have the 65 installed couple days ago, you have to hide the wire for it to look good.
Nov 19, 2009
705 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
fmlydeals wrote: Hm....should I get this ? Looks nice
only you know the answer to this question.... follow your heart, it will not lead you astray.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1935 posts
665 upvotes
cdfegab wrote: IMG_20220113_104830.jpg

I have the 65 installed couple days ago, you have to hide the wire for it to look good.
Oh I hate you. It looks so nice, it Makes me want it more. Tired Face lol
How's the glare on it? I wonder if it's worth waiting for the 2022 model with matte non reflective screen.
Nov 19, 2009
705 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
jon604 wrote: Oh I hate you. It looks so nice, it Makes me want it more. Tired Face lol
How's the glare on it? I wonder if it's worth waiting for the 2022 model with matte non reflective screen.
Bought the 55 inch in Oct. There Is definitely glare. No direct sunlight on the tv, but I do have lights in the background that you can clearly see. Still.... I love this tv. I just keep the lights off.
Images
  • 20220120_182835.jpg
Dec 29, 2008
530 posts
755 upvotes
Mississauga
darek_dade wrote: I bought a 55" from amazon and it makes this annoying clicking sound when powered on that continues to happen for about half an hour after the TV is turned off. Samsung replaced the screen but it didn't fix the problem and now they're refusing to do anything else. I would recommend getting this TV from Costco instead for easy returns in case yours has the same problem as mine. More people complaining about this issue here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/ ... d-p/426860
I own a large samsung monitor (odyssey g9) that also makes the clicking sound when you turn it on, it's the sound of the plastic bezel expanding and shrinking. Over time it might disappear, alternatively you can live with it knowing that it won't damage your TV.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1922 posts
1593 upvotes
Malta wrote: Bought the 55 inch in Oct. There Is definitely glare. No direct sunlight on the tv, but I do have lights in the background that you can clearly see. Still.... I love this tv. I just keep the lights off.
Glare would be a showstopper for me as it would go in a bright and sunny room. Too bad...
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1712 posts
762 upvotes
jakemtl wrote: Glare would be a showstopper for me as it would go in a bright and sunny room. Too bad...
Apparently the upcoming 2022 model will be much better in that regard.

For this level of money I've been waffling over buying a Frame for the looks (probably wait for the 2022 model), or jumping into an LG C1 or Samsung QN90a. The QN90a would look similarly thin when mounted on the wall, not quite as "frame" like but pretty close, and it has an ambient mode that purports to be a little like the Frame's art mode.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2001
1763 posts
715 upvotes
Oakville
My DIY, 2021 55" The Frame from Direct Buy $1.4k after tax. Samsung one connect box is behind the Frame within a legrand media enclosure I picked up from amazon for $85. The Samsung included two piece flush mount that must be installed at a fixed position. If your situation doesn't hit at least a stud per piece of the mount, then installation of wall blocking between two studs (i.e. install horizontal stud) and/or Heavy Duty Snaptoggles is recommended to supplement the install. If I had to do it all over again, I'd get wall blocking installed in all of the possible locations of a wall mounted TV before the drywall goes up.
Images
  • 20220123_121845.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5719 posts
1953 upvotes
Toronto
Kursor17 wrote: Heavy Duty Snaptoggles
Honestly, this is the route I took, and what I see a lot of installers doing. Cheap and easy. Just bring a big bit! ;-)
Nov 25, 2013
348 posts
316 upvotes
Hoth
brucedlx wrote: I will give an honest review on this TV. I bought this thing last year along with the frame and despite every effort I made to love it, I hated it and had to return it, even though it was on sale and they threw in a free 32" frame to boot. Here is why:

- In bright settings, this TV Glares like a Mo***Fu***r, might pass for artwork if you believe the glass on a real frame would basically act like a mirror.
- In Dark settings, this thing has a massive backlight, it lights up the entire room, so it's obviously a screen. The "turn off when no motion detected feature" is glitchy at best. Many times I would notice its still on hours after everyone left the room (confirmed no motion by home security system which has motion detectors)
- It's a huge pain in the ass to get your own photos on this thing. They should have just let you put a USB or SD card in and load pics but that's not how this works. You can only load pics through their trash app (check app store reviews if you don't believe). The pics have to be a certain aspect ratio or you will get black bars on the sides (forget about using snaps from your phone etc, I had to open pics I wanted on photoshop to crop them to the right size). The app is glitchy and sometimes won't find your TV, sometimes even when it finds it, uploading ur pics through said app on the TV is slow and crashes, big pain in the rear. I do believe this is by design because every step of the way, they try and push a paid monthly subscription down your throat for access to samsungs art gallery for your frame.
- It was mentioned before but the default black frame is FUGLY and the replacement frames are marked up to a point that would even make crack dealers blush. It's the flimsiest plastic in the world and it costs 250$. Return shipping was a pain, bought off amazon and threw box away (like I said I really tried to like this thing) had to macgyver a box out of multiple boxes to return.

Let me say that even with all these flaws, if this were the ONLY thing that was wrong I MIGHT have still kept it however the #1 deal breaker that IMO makes this thing completely useless is this:

- It's not possible to mount this thing to a wall and hide the cables or at least not efficiently. Samsung in all their wisdom, did not make the One Connect proprietary cable for the box rated for in wall use, so you CAN NOT fishhook it behind drywall, I mean you COULD, but if it overheats and causes fire your insurance will not pay (I was told this by a samsung rep at best buy). I even hired the geek squad to come in and maybe figure out a way to mount the thing, but they could not and I had to refund that as well. There IS a fire rated cable but it costs over $100 and it was not in stock anywhere (WHY DID THEY NOT MAKE THIS INCLUDED BY DEFAULT??!?). The only other solution is to cut a massive chunk out of ur drywall, big enough to fit the one connect box, then buy a plastic insert to put it in, then mount ur TV in front of the whole thing to hide it. The plastic insert was also impossible to find and I was not willing to cut a huge chunk of drywall out for this TV, the studs were not in a good place to make this possible anyways, the TV would have to be mounted off centre.

I really don't see ANY point to this TV for anybody. I hope this review can save someone the headaches that I had to go through.

I appreciate your humble and honest review. What you say makes sense, for starters samsung sends you the fugly black frame, and they know its ugly so they markup their frames because they know you will buy it. I also how you cannot mount this tv to a regular tv mount.... there are some existing mounts that would make installing this tv a breeze but NO samsung went Apple on us by making it proprietary to them only. I also agree with the fire rated cables, you need them for in wall...it is not worth the risk of making your home insurance void....samsung should have included this and have a vast variety of frames for the $75-$99 price tag. They really must think their customers are stupid to insult us like that. I have supported samsung for years, but now because of this I am slowly rolling up my middle finder to Samsung and looking elsewhere.
Jun 28, 2019
436 posts
229 upvotes
Vancouver
brucedlx wrote: I will give an honest review on this TV. I bought this thing last year along with the frame and despite every effort I made to love it, I hated it and had to return it, even though it was on sale and they threw in a free 32" frame to boot. Here is why:

- In bright settings, this TV Glares like a Mo***Fu***r, might pass for artwork if you believe the glass on a real frame would basically act like a mirror.
- In Dark settings, this thing has a massive backlight, it lights up the entire room, so it's obviously a screen. The "turn off when no motion detected feature" is glitchy at best. Many times I would notice its still on hours after everyone left the room (confirmed no motion by home security system which has motion detectors)
- It's a huge pain in the ass to get your own photos on this thing. They should have just let you put a USB or SD card in and load pics but that's not how this works. You can only load pics through their trash app (check app store reviews if you don't believe). The pics have to be a certain aspect ratio or you will get black bars on the sides (forget about using snaps from your phone etc, I had to open pics I wanted on photoshop to crop them to the right size). The app is glitchy and sometimes won't find your TV, sometimes even when it finds it, uploading ur pics through said app on the TV is slow and crashes, big pain in the rear. I do believe this is by design because every step of the way, they try and push a paid monthly subscription down your throat for access to samsungs art gallery for your frame.
- It was mentioned before but the default black frame is FUGLY and the replacement frames are marked up to a point that would even make crack dealers blush. It's the flimsiest plastic in the world and it costs 250$. Return shipping was a pain, bought off amazon and threw box away (like I said I really tried to like this thing) had to macgyver a box out of multiple boxes to return.

Let me say that even with all these flaws, if this were the ONLY thing that was wrong I MIGHT have still kept it however the #1 deal breaker that IMO makes this thing completely useless is this:

- It's not possible to mount this thing to a wall and hide the cables or at least not efficiently. Samsung in all their wisdom, did not make the One Connect proprietary cable for the box rated for in wall use, so you CAN NOT fishhook it behind drywall, I mean you COULD, but if it overheats and causes fire your insurance will not pay (I was told this by a samsung rep at best buy). I even hired the geek squad to come in and maybe figure out a way to mount the thing, but they could not and I had to refund that as well. There IS a fire rated cable but it costs over $100 and it was not in stock anywhere (WHY DID THEY NOT MAKE THIS INCLUDED BY DEFAULT??!?). The only other solution is to cut a massive chunk out of ur drywall, big enough to fit the one connect box, then buy a plastic insert to put it in, then mount ur TV in front of the whole thing to hide it. The plastic insert was also impossible to find and I was not willing to cut a huge chunk of drywall out for this TV, the studs were not in a good place to make this possible anyways, the TV would have to be mounted off centre.

I really don't see ANY point to this TV for anybody. I hope this review can save someone the headaches that I had to go through.
Thank you for this, I was going to buy the Frame but now I’ll look alternatives. Might do the LG Gallery even or get something cheaper
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
5821 posts
4120 upvotes
WilliamGilles wrote: Not really sure what you're on about allot to unpack there . I recently saw one in Dec 3 weeks ago at Costco 55 inch I beleive. Looked spectacular, it was bright vivid ultra clear , hdr matt finish, certainly looked similar to any wall hanging I've seen . It's now on my wishlist.

Right after new samsung object recognition robot vac, amd samsung 120 inch 4k smart ultra short throw laser projector. I hear the screen on the laser projector is super shiny too ;) lol
The frame tvs definitely don't have a matte screen. The new 2022 model will be a massive upgrade, but the 2021 and earlier frames have a very reflective screen.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1832 posts
1222 upvotes
Kursor17 wrote: My DIY, 2021 55" The Frame from Direct Buy $1.4k after tax. Samsung one connect box is behind the Frame within a legrand media enclosure I picked up from amazon for $85. The Samsung included two piece flush mount that must be installed at a fixed position. If your situation doesn't hit at least a stud per piece of the mount, then installation of wall blocking between two studs (i.e. install horizontal stud) and/or Heavy Duty Snaptoggles is recommended to supplement the install. If I had to do it all over again, I'd get wall blocking installed in all of the possible locations of a wall mounted TV before the drywall goes up.
wow that looks amazing nicely done
Mar 31, 2006
597 posts
30 upvotes
RadioDude wrote: I own a large samsung monitor (odyssey g9) that also makes the clicking sound when you turn it on, it's the sound of the plastic bezel expanding and shrinking. Over time it might disappear, alternatively you can live with it knowing that it won't damage your TV.
It's not the bezel that makes the sound - clicking comes from the screen itself.
Dec 29, 2008
530 posts
755 upvotes
Mississauga
darek_dade wrote: It's not the bezel that makes the sound - clicking comes from the screen itself.
yes, it may come from the direction of the screen but like i said, it's the expansion and contraction of the plastics used in the construction of the screen.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1935 posts
665 upvotes
hvc wrote: Damn, I need the smaller one (43") and it's the only one not on sale lol go figure. I missed the $898 back in October.
I wouldn't worry. Amazon lowers it to $999 every few weeks. You can do a price match with a retailer. I don't trust Amazon delivery with delicate items.
I was going to get that size but rather go for 55" for the 120hz since it fits. Waiting for the 2022 version in May . Price will drop more on 2021 versions