Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Samsung Galaxy Buds + 149.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2020 4:28 pm
May 13, 2012
362 posts
279 upvotes
CALGARY
In4mer514 wrote: Can you train with these at the gym?
I have a pair of the older version iconx and I accidentally put them through the washing machine and the dryer and they ended up being fine. I assume the water resistance hasn't gotten worse.
Jan 12, 2006
829 posts
537 upvotes
Woodbridge
Havox07 wrote: Definitely not true there is still lag, few hundred milliseconds. It is minor but if you are a crazy person like myself even those little things will be a bit annoying. Not really a fault of the buds though every wireless headphone has a delay it's just how it all works.
I am using an S10, what are you using? I am very sensitive to lag and i dont hear it.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2017
1585 posts
2129 upvotes
Toronto
Great price, bought this for $160 a few weeks ago. Love using ambient sound, volume adjustment ability, and being able to talk on calls (I wasn't able to do any of these things on my cheapo soundpeats).

I will probably go to bestbuy to get it price matched again
Last edited by CheapMang on Jul 24th, 2020 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7777 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
anti_maniac wrote: i need a decent bluetooth device, but 150 is a bit on higher side for me....is there something in the middle that is good enough ( i only need it for calls, no music no videos....or similar need). Good enough means - has a decent battery life and kills a bit of ambient noise (all cheap ones i have tried they pick a lot of unnecessary noise like walking/a bit of wind etc). And anyway i keep loosing them, so 150 is a lot....any recommendations would be appreciated.

otherwise i would buy these as GIFT for myself LOL :)
I guess you could save $10-$15 by getting a return from amazon warehouse deals. Or pick up a Jabra Elite 65t cheaper if it is just for calls, should do at least as well if not better in that regard.
Last edited by frogger on Jul 24th, 2020 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 19, 2018
896 posts
1491 upvotes
Havox07 wrote: Definitely not true there is still lag, few hundred milliseconds. It is minor but if you are a crazy person like myself even those little things will be a bit annoying. Not really a fault of the buds though every wireless headphone has a delay it's just how it all works.
Wife uses the original buds all the time for video streaming on her iPhone XS and iPad Pro . Used it also with her galaxy s10. Netflix, YouTube, crave, Viki, any streaming app. No delay at all. And she hates that so she would know. Don’t know why others Are having issues.
Dec 2, 2017
753 posts
868 upvotes
I think I've seen them in white color at Costco last week for around $149- $10 discount=$139
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
3275 posts
2144 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Not supposed to have delay because YouTube and Netflix can offset the audio to compensate for the lag.
But if you are playing a video game, it might be a different story.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
2072 posts
440 upvotes
GTA
nwarrior wrote: Great set of TW Earbuds, keep in mind their next gen model will be out by August.
First gen ANC from Sammy...I'd rather wait until they fix it which will be next year.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2017
1585 posts
2129 upvotes
Toronto
anti_maniac wrote: i need a decent bluetooth device, but 150 is a bit on higher side for me....is there something in the middle that is good enough ( i only need it for calls, no music no videos....or similar need). Good enough means - has a decent battery life and kills a bit of ambient noise (all cheap ones i have tried they pick a lot of unnecessary noise like walking/a bit of wind etc). And anyway i keep loosing them, so 150 is a lot....any recommendations would be appreciated.

otherwise i would buy these as GIFT for myself LOL :)
$150 is the middle of the pack. The most expensive truly wireless earbuds are around $300+.

What is your price range? The Aukey T10's are pretty good and going for $105 after coupon: https://www.amazon.ca/AUKEY-Wireless-Pl ... 840&sr=8-3
Nov 25, 2006
588 posts
401 upvotes
Get the Mpow X3. It even has active noise cancelling tech AND sounds better to my ears when I compared the Buds+ and Airpods Pro. Buds+ sounded tinny even with the biggest ear tips. Airpods Pro were better in term of balance, but the lack of volume control was a deal breaker for the price. Mpow X3's ANC isn't as good as Apple's, but they have fuller sound and has volume control as well as music control. YMMV in terms of perceived sound quality, though.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1584 posts
2058 upvotes
Toronto
Damn it should have held off a couple weeks so i could get the blue.. any way bestbuy will let me around their return policy? :( i have been having issues with connecting to my roku...
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2136 posts
1933 upvotes
Use 2 x 100 GC via UGO and save 10$ as well. You ll have a balance of 200 - 149+tax you can use later to buy accessories, hey, if you paid 150+tax for buds you'll most likely spend more on accessories :)
Apr 20, 2013
43 posts
12 upvotes
PEI
Thanks OP, just ordered a pair for my son.
Sep 23, 2017
108 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
Bought these few weeks ago. The overall quality is great with mobile devices.
However, it has a well-known issue while connecting with the windows laptop for MS Teams / Skype meetings. I had frequently disconnections and had to pair again.
Since WFH I have to attend online meetings, and with this issue, it has totally defeated the purpose.
Hence I'm planning to return back.
I'm not 100% sure if the same issue persists with Jabra 75T / Airpods. I might try with Jabra.
Hope this will be helpful.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
2022 posts
8939 upvotes
shopper-X wrote: Costco will have the White non-plus version on sale for $120 from Aug 3-30.
Item 6444411
Not a good deal, pay the extra $30 because the + model is much much better
how do i remove my signature?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6413 posts
2704 upvotes
Can anyone recommend a nice pair of wireless earbuds that do NOT insert into your ear canal? I bought the Airpods Pro from the Telus deal and truthfully I'm not overly satisfied with the fit, I feel like I need to push them deeper every so often (and I've experimented with all the tips)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
rogerchoi wrote: Get the Mpow X3. It even has active noise cancelling tech AND sounds better to my ears when I compared the Buds+ and Airpods Pro. Buds+ sounded tinny even with the biggest ear tips. Airpods Pro were better in term of balance, but the lack of volume control was a deal breaker for the price. Mpow X3's ANC isn't as good as Apple's, but they have fuller sound and has volume control as well as music control. YMMV in terms of perceived sound quality, though.
I had those for a while and returned them. Found them bulky and pretty uncomfortable in the ear to the point where it caused pain after short use. The ANC was pretty surprising though and I agree pretty good set aside from the fit
Nov 25, 2006
588 posts
401 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: I had those for a while and returned them. Found them bulky and pretty uncomfortable in the ear to the point where it caused pain after short use. The ANC was pretty surprising though and I agree pretty good set aside from the fit
Do you have small ears? Yeah I guess they could be bulky for some people. I found no issues with fit & comfort after wearing them for three hours straight.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
rogerchoi wrote: Do you have small ears? Yeah I guess they could be bulky for some people. I found no issues with fit & comfort after wearing them for three hours straight.
I have pretty big ears and most buds fit me fine. I think it was the hard plastic part of the buds that was pushing against my ear canal. I really wanted to keep them because I think they were the first budget ANC buds to come out and sounded great. Hopefully more will be coming out.
Nov 25, 2006
588 posts
401 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: I have pretty big ears and most buds fit me fine. I think it was the hard plastic part of the buds that was pushing against my ear canal. I really wanted to keep them because I think they were the first budget ANC buds to come out and sounded great. Hopefully more will be coming out.
Yeah I'm sure more budget models will come out before the end of the year. I'm pretty happy with the X3 for now, but I have not put the ANC to the true test of riding in a train for an hour each way, which is part of my daily commute. But in the house, it cancels out bathroom fan, central A/C, and hood fan noise pretty well.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)