• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2020 5:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1401 posts
593 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Samsung Galaxy Buds+ - $159.99

Don't think this is an ATL by any means but I think close to it at least.

With Buds Live out, I was waiting to see these drop and finally got a decent price drop from the ~$175 it was floating at for the last little while.

As of time of this post, only black and white were at the 159.99 price.
Images
  • 2020-08-17 08_59_49-Samsung Galaxy Buds+ (Black)_ Amazon.ca_ Cell Phones & Accessories.png
34 replies
Mar 28, 2019
84 posts
148 upvotes
Clement wrote: Don't think this is an ATL by any means but I think close to it at least.

With Buds Live out, I was waiting to see these drop and finally got a decent price drop from the ~$175 it was floating at for the last little while.

Good price, buds plus MSRP is 199 as the live is 249.

As of time of this post, only black and white were at the 159.99 price.
Banned
Jul 24, 2020
1 posts
4 upvotes
I just received my pair of Samsung Buds +, and after 30 mins of use, i can say that they are pretty awesome. Not sure why some individuals are being so harsh on the sounds quality; they either have a defective product (which can happen due to QC factory issues) or they are wearing them wrong (inside out?!).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1401 posts
593 upvotes
AluraActon wrote: I just received my pair of Samsung Buds +, and after 30 mins of use, i can say that they are pretty awesome. Not sure why some individuals are being so harsh on the sounds quality; they either have a defective product (which can happen due to QC factory issues) or they are wearing them wrong (inside out?!).
or maybe they're comparing them to audiophile quality equipment which will obviously never measure up.

I've read good things about them, can't wait.
Feb 14, 2017
20 posts
25 upvotes
hjkimbrian wrote: i want to try it, but looks like it doesn't have multi-device support?
https://www.droid-life.com/2020/02/21/s ... abilities/

been looking for a pair of earbuds with a decent mic that also can connect to computers/phones.
I got my buds a couple of weeks ago and they've worked wonderfully for work calls (work laptop), streaming (personal laptop) and on both my Galaxy S9+ and S20+

To my knowledge, you can only connect to one device at a time. But switching from one to another is quick enough and hasn't proved to be problematic for me
Jul 23, 2020
10 posts
5 upvotes
I'm assuming these don't have ANC even though some of the description would indicate similar capabilities.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2247 posts
435 upvotes
York
StatlerSays wrote: I'm assuming these don't have ANC even though some of the description would indicate similar capabilities.
No these do not have ANC. The new Buds Live do, but I'm hearing it doesn't work well at all.

These do have good sound isolation though which can work better then ANC at times.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Apr 17, 2019
2 posts
Is there a significant delay when watching videos on Windows? I tried the original buds but the audio wasn't synced and was off-putting. I know there will obviously be a slight delay because of bluetooth, though it was notably higher compared to using my AirPods.
Dec 26, 2010
984 posts
699 upvotes
leeanne81 wrote: I got my buds a couple of weeks ago and they've worked wonderfully for work calls (work laptop), streaming (personal laptop) and on both my Galaxy S9+ and S20+

To my knowledge, you can only connect to one device at a time. But switching from one to another is quick enough and hasn't proved to be problematic for me
thanks, that's helpful. guess the days of people calling me on lync are over
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
4580 posts
999 upvotes
Toronto
The Destroyer wrote: No these do not have ANC. The new Buds Live do, but I'm hearing it doesn't work well at all.

These do have good sound isolation though which can work better then ANC at times.
I think it's because the Buds Live are open ear concept which buds don't seal the eardrum, so outside sound leaks into the canal.

Hard press to spend $250 on Buds Live when they haven't nailed it.
Jan 3, 2006
502 posts
36 upvotes
Missisauga
banana9 wrote: Is there a significant delay when watching videos on Windows? I tried the original buds but the audio wasn't synced and was off-putting. I know there will obviously be a slight delay because of bluetooth, though it was notably higher compared to using my AirPods.
It does have a delay when using it on my Windows PC.
Tried tweaking a lot of settings on Windows and couldnt get it to improve.

Same also happens on Buds Live.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1401 posts
593 upvotes
ronli_84 wrote: It does have a delay when using it on my Windows PC.
Tried tweaking a lot of settings on Windows and couldnt get it to improve.

Same also happens on Buds Live.
interesting. I've been trying the buds+ for the last few hours (just received them today), haven't really noticed much if at all any audio latency.

could be something to do with your bluetooth receiver?
Mar 26, 2007
201 posts
111 upvotes
How do these buds fit? I have trouble using buds in general because they either fall out or make my ears uncomfortable because of the pressure. I'm tempted but really don't want to drop $180 on something I wouldn't want to use.
Jan 3, 2006
502 posts
36 upvotes
Missisauga
Clement wrote: interesting. I've been trying the buds+ for the last few hours (just received them today), haven't really noticed much if at all any audio latency.

could be something to do with your bluetooth receiver?
Mine is a Intel AX200 wifi/Bluetooth card in a Razer Blade 15 windows laptop.

It is quite noticable when you are watching the lips of the presenter in an YouTube video.

I did try a different Sony earbuds SP510 and that one does not have the same lag.
Sep 17, 2019
42 posts
24 upvotes
can someone explain why wireless earphones like these and airpods cost so much?
Mar 7, 2006
522 posts
210 upvotes
Mississauga
There's a setting in the Galaxy wearable app that lets you reduce audio delay. I think it's under labs. Edit: It's called "Gaming Mode"
tomato72 wrote: can someone explain why wireless earphones like these and airpods cost so much?
Engineering resources and material costs to miniaturize parts, have it sound good, fine-tune sound profiles, microphones. It's why a phone can cost $2000 but you can buy a new laptop with a bigger screen, a faster processor for less money.
Last edited by blue_lammer on Aug 18th, 2020 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 30, 2020
208 posts
252 upvotes
Will these fit small ears? My wife has tiny ears so most earbuds don't stay fit...
May 5, 2011
71 posts
67 upvotes
Fredericton, NB
These were even cheaper at my local costco, closer to $130 iirc. I'll try to snap a photo next time I'm in there.