Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Samsung Galaxy Buds Live - $110 (45% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2022 12:11 pm
[OP]
Nov 30, 2013
740 posts
846 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Samsung Galaxy Buds Live - $110 (45% off)

Apparently it is not bad as an open earbud (like the airpod) so you can have it on all day.

Review: Sound guy

Other vendors also have it on sale for the same price but with more color options.
Thread Summary
If you're shopping for more options, check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best wireless earbuds!
35 replies
Apr 2, 2013
793 posts
851 upvotes
Barrie
Absolutely love mine; most comfortable earbuds I've used (Buds2 are also great). I bought mine last year when Samsung had them on for $73.
Last edited by TheGuard on May 19th, 2022 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 14, 2010
211 posts
431 upvotes
From Sound Guy:

What we don't like

Just okay noise cancelling
Only IPX2 water-resistance
Sound quality

Pass.
Apr 2, 2013
793 posts
851 upvotes
Barrie
sdg wrote: From Sound Guy:

What we don't like

Just okay noise cancelling
Only IPX2 water-resistance
Sound quality

Pass.
At first I wasn't too content with the sound quality until I found 'disable absolute volume'. Switching that makes it louder and far more fuller.
Oct 17, 2012
43 posts
70 upvotes
YVR
Same price at Best buy and the source.
May 15, 2008
133 posts
79 upvotes
Mississauga
great deal! great for samsung phones.
i have these but since upgraded to the galaxy buds pro. for some reason seems like both galaxy buds only work for samsung phones. there's some weird audio change and delay when pairing with a computer or my nvidia shield.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1477 posts
2110 upvotes
Kingston
Does anyone know if this has a good ANC for microphone? I type a lot on my mechanical keyboard (silent and linear, but still loud), and people on the other end hear the typing quite a bit. If this isn't good, then any other mic/speaker combo that you guys know of?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
4956 posts
4794 upvotes
Richmond Hill
xtrmDeals wrote: Does anyone know if this has a good ANC for microphone? I type a lot on my mechanical keyboard (silent and linear, but still loud), and people on the other end hear the typing quite a bit. If this isn't good, then any other mic/speaker combo that you guys know of?
Do you have an Nvidia graphics card by any chance? RTX Voice should work to cancel out the keyboard and other background noise.
Dec 6, 2013
809 posts
377 upvotes
Ontario
TheGuard wrote: Absolutely love mine; most comfortable earbuds I've used (Buds2 are also great). I bought mine last year when Samsung had them on for $66.
That is a crazy deal!
:cool:
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2008
1503 posts
1315 upvotes
I think the buds live are pretty weak compared to the rest of the samsung line up. I think most people are better off waiting for those to go on sale. These samsung live's are supposed to fit really weird too. Headphones are bean shaped.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2019
1531 posts
6806 upvotes
I have the buds pro and absolutely hate them due to not fitting my ears, was thinking about getting the beats fit pro when on sale, will never get any samsung product unless it has a wingtip.
Nov 22, 2016
603 posts
367 upvotes
These are as good as it gets if you have kids and need to hear outside noise. Great for audio books, talk radio. Ordered a 2nd pair as no news of a new version of the Buds Live.
[OP]
Nov 30, 2013
740 posts
846 upvotes
DanP wrote: I think the buds live are pretty weak compared to the rest of the samsung line up. I think most people are better off waiting for those to go on sale. These samsung live's are supposed to fit really weird too. Headphones are bean shaped.
The selling point is that it is open like the airpod so you can wear them all day. You can talk to people around you and listen to call at the same time.
[OP]
Nov 30, 2013
740 posts
846 upvotes
Laxsus wrote: How are these for calls?
I bought it for this very purpose. Sound guy review has a recording you can listen to.

“Microphone quality is excellent, as Samsung used an advanced array with its noise cancelling true wireless earbuds. Each earbud is decked out with internal hardware, among which are three microphones. Two of the microphones are beamforming and the third is an inward-facing voice pickup unit; this is a fancy name for an accelerometer that detects vibrations from your jawbone and uses bone conduction to turn it into audio signals. All of this combines to transmit clear audio while rejecting background noise. Microphone quality is one of those things that improves over time with firmware updates, so I expect this will only get better as the months pass.”
Sep 19, 2012
575 posts
320 upvotes
Kitchener
jason.chan07 wrote: great deal! great for samsung phones.
i have these but since upgraded to the galaxy buds pro. for some reason seems like both galaxy buds only work for samsung phones. there's some weird audio change and delay when pairing with a computer or my nvidia shield.
What makes these so great for Samsung phones compared to any other earbud? Talking as a Samsung owner I'm just curious.
Mar 18, 2008
372 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
Happy with my Jabra 75t elites that I got from last sale
Nov 22, 2016
603 posts
367 upvotes
GnailNet wrote: Happy with my Jabra 75t elites that I got from last sale
I sent mine back the next day. Completely blocks out any outside sound and gives you that ear popping discomfort every time you take them out.

These are a completely different ear bud. Found the call quality much better on these as well as per feedback from others on the other end.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1477 posts
2110 upvotes
Kingston
rugerty100 wrote: Do you have an Nvidia graphics card by any chance? RTX Voice should work to cancel out the keyboard and other background noise.
I do and I actually knew about the Noise Cancelling feature on the RTX (and my mobo), and YET I never had it on as I forgot about it! Dude! Thanks for the reminder and the tip!
Nov 21, 2017
268 posts
271 upvotes
I had mine for about a year. I specifically bought these because I don't like plugs style earphones.
Do note, if you plan on cycling with these on, they generate quite a lot of wind noise. This makes it very difficult to talk to someone over the phone, especially considering that mics are not the best on these.
Other than that, I'm quite happy with them.